Sign in to follow this  
focus1

Please add Nikko to the showroom list of manufactorers

This is just a personally cry out, I hate to list my new wonderfull Rhino as a misc. modell! When I see the treads in this forum I think that Nikko definitly quallify for a listing.

Just my oppinion. Any suporters or againsters?

focus1

Agreed! Cars like the Rhino, Alienator and Super Sprint certainly deserve a designation.

I would suggest that only 1 reply to this thread in over a week tells us that there is not really the interest in having them added.

I would suggest that only 1 reply to this thread in over a week tells us that there is not really the interest in having them added.

I'd only suggest that if searching the showrooms on this page for 'Nikko' returns 89 results, there's some cause for Nikko to be added as a specific brand name.

By comparison, 'Hirobo' gives 48 results. And Hirobo already appears as a category on the 'Other Makes' page.

Perhaps there are technical reasons why particular brands aren't defined as categories? I can't see why that would be. But I can only assume there are reasons.

For what it's worth, and seeing as I don't have any pictures in my showroom that isn't much (right Shodog?), count me as vote number 3 in favour of humble Nikko - a brand that's been around longer than just about every other brand except Tamiya.

Same goes for any other brand of curiosity value or historical significance that currently disappears among the 5000+ items under "Misc".

cheers, 

H.

My boys have NIKKO'S, the modern ones though.  I must admit i have 1 too [:^)]

Those £100  1/10 models, 2 x Imprezza's and a 307.

I also have a 1/14 Imprezza - never run, will it be a collectors piece one day mmmmmmm.

We love em, i'm for Nikko Catagoy too.

Thanks for all the feedback. I specially like Hibernaculum's answer. I have decided to post some pic's and links here. First some from Wikedvette's collection:

This is the Super Sprint witch I think it's a competition buggy from the late eighties? This is not my cup of tea yet. They are pretty rare...

VikedvetteSupersprint.jpg

VikedvetteSupersprint1.jpg

This is the Dandy Dash, aslo a very good and early car, but not as hopped up as the Super Sprint.

VikedvetteDandidash.jpg

Wikedvette's Dictator, twin 380 motor.

VikedvetteDictator.jpg

I think there are lots of of old interesting Nikko cars. They have produced many different types of veicles. And it is a mostly undocumented terretory. Take for example the Rhino F10 buggy witch must have sold a lot! There is not that many out there. You gott almost total gosths, I have heard of this car called the "Sand Eagle" or is it "Iron Eagle"? But I have not sean a picture of it! Only a replica body in Gozone's showroom, (did not mean "only" Gozone[:)])

Here is a link to a tread about the Thor truck with twin 380 motor witch is owned by Bigduke6:

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/147223.aspx

And here is one about the classic Rhino:

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/147495.aspx

This is a tread about the conversation of a Alionator (from 1985) by Rhenbelz

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/160911.aspx

Here is some small info on the Nikko Hilux witch came with a transmitter conntrolled winch. Info and picture also from Rhenbelz's collection.

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/182085.aspx

RhensCustomHilux.jpg

Apart from the fact that they where very early with making rc cars, they also still exists as a company. And because there is little info to be found about them, I very much enjoy that we have a Nikko forum. If we only could have Nikko listed as a manufacture in the showroom list I would be 100% pleased. I also agree that we should have other makes there also, but Nikko is the perfect start! And this is not the place to disscuss other manufactures, lol. Just kidding. One of the unique things about TC is the wide ranges of cars and manufactorers that shows up here even thoe the club is named Tamiya.

Cheers

I would sure like a place to learn more about those obscure, but

compitent, Nikko models. In many ways, 1980's Nikko's remind me of

1980's Tamiya's.

There are some Nikko clubs already, though most are in different languages. How big a site can you make based on the few good cars Nikko made, and keep all the kids out who are excited about the cheap toy Nikko they just bought at the toystore? This is about people who own Tamiya and other well known quality cars, yet see some of these Nikkos as worth mentioning because of their uniqueness and contributions to R/C. Tamiyaclub's manufacturer list includes brands such as Kyosho and Marui, and even has forum sections for them. There's already a Nikko forum section, so a five letter addition to the manufacturers list wouldn't be too big a change? I don't think it's very likely that people will be clogging the showroom system with cars Nikko made that aren't worth mentioning.

Why don't you guys get together and start www.nikkoclub.com ?

might be a good place to put all Nikko stuff ?

Interesting suggestion, stulec52.

I totally agree with you. www.nikkoclub.com would be a good place for "all Nikko stuff".

Or was that just a polite way of suggesting that if Nikko fans want more, they should get their own site?

If Mugen owners were asking the same question, would you have come back with "why not start www.mugenclub.com"? 

As I said earlier, if there are technical reasons (whatever they may be) for no Nikko category, that's cool. As a web developer, I can appreciate complexities in websites. Even strange ones.

Still, the suggestion is only to make the site easier to use for owners of a particular brand - who just happen to be more numerous than owners of some other brands that are already categorised.

I don't know what Chris's vision is for tamiyaclub.com - maybe he just doesn't want any more categories. That's ok, it's his website.

But on the face of it at least, it's an understandable request.

cheers, 

H.

intersting interpretation of what I wrote. I really did not see that one coming.

I have no control on what goes in or out of the showroom categories, so was merely trying to help out the Nikko fans ( of which I am sure there are many) by suggesting something to help out.

Personally, I think there are far too many other brands on TAMIYA club, but again I am not in charge of what goes in, my job around here is to moderate on the forums, and be another pair of eyes and ears for Chris, who is here most of the time, but I'm told does sleep sometimes [:o]

So, Chris knows about the request, I am sure it is being taken seriously, and now it's his call as to whether or not or can set it up.

Also, I have deleted part of the reply, because as I am sure you aware, there is no swearing allowed on the forums, even the type hidden by **s.

thanks

Totally honest it would be better to get Nikko inserted here, why should one make be past over and left on its own, keep the whole rc collection here, make Tamiyaclub a one stop shop for all rc. I know all rc cannot be catered for but Nikko is big.

Just my little humble opinion.

Cheers Chris ( Anti Product)

Also, I have deleted part of the reply, because as I am sure you aware, there is no swearing allowed on the forums, even the type hidden by **s. thanks

LOL.

For the record, the word I used was [removed again - see rules about deliberate misspelling] - a word so "G" rated, at least here in Australia, that it was recently used as the slogan of a series of daytime TV commercials by Toyota, for the Hi-Lux ute. The word was even spoken by a dog.

You can watch the video clip

. Tamiya fans will love it.

I'm all in favour of blocking swearwords, so I was surprised to see that word get censored when I posted. But I actually thought I'd leave it there anyway, just to see if you'd take the opportunity to edit my post. And you did.

Clearly the forum software swear-keyword list is a little over-the-top (which they often are by default in these pre-packaged forums), and hasn't been pruned yet.

But on the issue of just wanting to help Nikko fans out, well that's great - I guess we should be thanking you?

The next time someone asks me what the time is, I think I'll help them too - and suggest they go buy themselves a watch.

If the request had been "Can we make a huge slab of this site completely dedicated to Nikko??", your reply would have been fine. But it wasn't.

I suppose past reactions by you to posts that spoke positively about "toy type vehicles" also may have affected my tone - such as in this thread, where your reply is the 3rd post down. It was in response to a thread I started last year about how all R/C cars are really just toys - therefore, even the simpler ones deserve respect if people love and collect them. If I understood it right, you were the only poster who didn't read what the thread was about, before stating that "Tamiya is what we focus on most".

Which always made me wonder....how much is "most"? 60%? 70%? 99%? You see, on a website boasting thousands of members with different interests, some feel this is a grey area.

I'm not having a go at you Stu. It doesn't matter to me if you don't care for Nikko, or don't want more categories - those are your preferences, and that's completely fine with me.

I only joined this thread to point out that there's a contradiction in allowing some additional brands besides Tamiya to be categorised, whilst denying others - and Nikko is just one of many examples. And to see a non-Nikko fan (and moderator) suggest the solution would be for Nikko collectors to start a whole other website, didn't seem like a fair reply.

cheers,

H. 

swear words is a completely different topic and it would be a shame for that debate to be lost here. It was removed because somewhere, sometime its been used is a different way in order to cause offence and thats it, just move on  - posting it again and by deliberately by inserting extra characters - is against the rules too I'm afraid (In a lot of ways its worse, as it shows the rules have been understood but deliberately ignored)

As for the nikko classification it will be added, no hidden agenda for not adding it, just its bundled up with a load of other changes and will be released to the public when all that code is ready to be released. We've survived this long without, I'm afraid nikko users will have to survive a little longer. Look at this way though, through a strange twist Nikko has it own forum to keep you occupied in the mean time - not many makes have those on this site.

Chris

As for the nikko classification it will be added, no hidden agenda for not adding it, just its bundled up with a load of other changes and will be released to the public when all that code is ready to be released. We've survived this long without, I'm afraid nikko users will have to survive a little longer. Look at this way though, through a strange twist Nikko has it own forum to keep you occupied in the mean time - not many makes have those on this site.

Chris

Thanks Chris! That's all I wanted to hear[<:o)] Hurra for Tamiyaclub! Simply the best and the most tolerating site for RC entusiasts in the world! Also a big thanks to the people who share this strange fassination with me! 

Thank you!

focus1

swear words is a completely different topic and it would be a shame for that debate to be lost here. It was removed because somewhere, sometime its been used is a different way in order to cause offence and thats it, just move on  - posting it again and by deliberately by inserting extra characters - is against the rules too I'm afraid (In a lot of ways its worse, as it shows the rules have been understood but deliberately ignored)

Well, I don't think I have ever used a swear word on these forums before, and I certainly have no intention of doing so now.

I was pretty sure I'd heard that word here before though. A quick forum search for that word found debates about this issue in the past - along with 83 other instances of usage. Seems that since January 2006, the word has been censored. The majority of those instances are from pre-January though, and as such are still uncensored and free to read. I'm sure you can appreciate the confusion? I guess this is only because you haven't got around to removing them yet.

And after reading an old debate about this, I can see the thinking behind the rule. Point taken. And it's your backyard, so your rules.

Thanks for the Nikko information. I think that answers everything for me too. If the categories are expanded as you say, it will only enhance your site.

H. 

We're a big board with many thousands of posts, we also migrated from a much older system, so you will always find exceptions that got through to just about any rule. Which is why we never come down hard on some of the lesser rules that are broken. Like I said though if you find any more words, regardless of if they have been used in the past  - if the filter takes them out it does it for a reason, there is no excuse then for re-entering them in another way to get them past it. If in doubt just ask [:)]

Vintage Nikko is just that, scale-vehicles with hard-plastic bodies and

attention to detail. Very nice collectors items that deserves to have

it`s own forum for us enthusiasts. So thanks for finally listening.