Sign in to follow this  
simensays

What happened to the Wild Willy posts?

Actually, i just fetched my WW2 from the closet 2 days ago, servo and recieved was already mounted, so i fitted a reversible ESC and went blasting.. Great fun with such a silly kind of car, LOL..

Howver, i dont think many people bother to drive them, due to their rather strange way of running.

Or otherwise, they simply work too well, so no one has problems with them, making them un-interesting to write about.  ;)

Cheers

Michael

Like you'all know Willy rocks, but nobody writes about him anymore. Bummer... ;)

HI Simen...The Fighter Buggy post are almost non -existent too.[:D][:@]..Don't tell Phil but the Scorcher post could use a good boost.[;)].Anyway lets "Free Willy" for Simen...Regards Jerry

For someone looking for a bit of Willy action whats best, find a WW1 or is aWW2 just as good/acceptable?

For someone looking for a bit of Willy action whats best, find a WW1 or is aWW2 just as good/acceptable?

I have both the WW1 http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...22298&id=34 and WW2 http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...23598&id=34 runner. The orignal is pretty cool to run but fragile in many ways.  The front bulkhead is prone to breakage.  the WW2 on the other hand is stout.  I have a trinity monster stock motor in it and it pulls wheelies on command.  It is a blast to drive and it has replaced my Midnight Pumpkin as my most favorite to drive vehicle.

Jim 

My runner WW2 came from the very 1st "t-shirt" batch and is now 6 yrs old... [8-|] its always fully-equipped RTR so anyone can run it anytime - mostly indoors but.

Anyone else having issues with chassis plastic cracking? Few of the screwholes have cracked, most worryingly being the tops of the rear shock mounts.

now we're talking!

HI Simen...The Fighter Buggy post are almost non -existent too.[:D][:@]..Don't tell Phil but the Scorcher post could use a good boost.[;)].Anyway lets "Free Willy" for Simen...Regards Jerry

Jerry, are you comparing the WW to the Fighter Buggy now?!!! [:D]

WillyChangTheMan, nope, never had any trouble with chassis cracks on my WW2, then again, I've only had mine for four years - and it's probably only been run about 15 packs.

Like Jim says, the WW1 is fragile, but hey, we don1t collect and play with these old cars for their outstanding performance are we? The funny handeling of the legendary Willy is half the fun, repairing the suckers make up for the second half! [:D] So, yes, find a WW1 and restore it with love, run it with fury and restore it with some mo' lovin'. History repeating.

I think I'm gonna start a Wild Willy 2 re-release thread, well I might have to wait until the WW2 will be discontinued I guess [:D] But I have heard rumors of a Wild Willy 3... Or was that Free Willy 3? Hmmm, whatever,..

I'm actually going to start restoring my old WW1 soon.

However, does anyone have a spare chassis lid to sell off? (The lid where the switch goes in), mine is long since gone/lost.

Thanks

I too love these. I started off with a Wild Willys M38 and thoroughly enjoyed it until it was stolen.

In fact I just bought another Wild Willy 2 yesterday. The third I have

bought now. I sold one (wish I never did), but now intend on purchasing

yet another so I can have three to play around with each other.

I had an idea of using a six cell pack of sub C batteries, that way

there was a little less weight over the rear and further forward.

Here is a pic of my willy.. short wheel base.

right now i have another one equipped with a lemans motor .. the blue one. its stacked away right now, but i think it was 280.

i remember the car went like stink going straight but impossibe to handle when doing corners [:|]  

anyway this one is basic setup.  cheers ferdinand

willydn3.jpg

Picked up a WW2 rolling chassis for cheap and am currently trying to get it running.  I have a WW1 body set mated to a Lunchbox chassis (which started life as a Grasshopper).  I've had it since the late eighties and am planning on mounting it to my body less WW2.  It's currently vying for repair time along with my Frog.  Hoping to make some progress this holiday weekend.  Have bearings waiting to be installed, and waiting for the aluminum oil shocks to show up.  Will watch this space for ideas.

Armand

Here's my WWII, inspired by the Brothersfree style.  I've been meaning to bring this to our recent SoCal meets but I keep forgetting that I took the electronics gear out for another project.  James (Toykid) and Jim (Shodog) brought theirs out last time and they were tons of fun.  Mine rides a bit lower with TLT wheels/tires and a modded body (to fit lower) so it's less prone to flip...unless I have the 12 turn in it, which in that case, it doesn't matter, it's doing cartwheels the whole time.  [8-|]

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img7011_31052005090624_2.jpg

Don't tell Phil but the Scorcher post could use a good boost.[;)].

I heard that!!!! [:D]  Updates on the way, I  just had a software upgrade that did'nt go as smoothly as I'd hoped it would [:(].

I have some Willy news !

I have already posted in another section but when I went to the Tamiya HQ on Monday I saw a Tamtech Gear with scaled down original Willy/Blazer tyres in the development office. The chassis was GB01 with the battery pack at the pack like a Willy 2 but topped with a poorly fitting Jeep Wrangler shell. The wheels looked like scaled down Willy 1 wheels too so this must be a future 2007 release as they wouldnt make the tooling for nothing.

Daz

I have some Willy news !

I have already posted in another section but when I went to the Tamiya HQ on Monday I saw a Tamtech Gear with scaled down original Willy/Blazer tyres in the development office. The chassis was GB01 with the battery pack at the pack like a Willy 2 but topped with a poorly fitting Jeep Wrangler shell. The wheels looked like scaled down Willy 1 wheels too so this must be a future 2007 release as they wouldnt make the tooling for nothing.

Daz

wow, a MINI WILLY!

gotta love that, good work Daz

This thread has spurred me into action, have just narrowed my willy to standard spec and will throw in some radio gear.

I know it's juvenile and childish, but if you click Daz's signature (the Sloganizer one) you can have endless fun with Willy [H]

I know it's juvenile and childish, but if you click Daz's signature (the Sloganizer one) you can have endless fun with Willy [H]
Hehe, well spotted Twinset, "Don't Mess With Willy" LOL. As if all of the Willy jokes aren't bad enough, if they release a Tamtech version then we will be able to make jokes about the size of people's Willy. :-)

Rich - you are a nutter!

Well I am VERY pleased to say that I am just about to join the club with my very own Willy. [:o]

I've been drooling over Willies for quite some time now, and it looks like I've just finalised a deal this morning with another TC member for one NIB.

I would adore a Wild Wendy, but I know they were very sought after when (Matt?) produced them a few years ago. How on earth could we persuade him to do another batch? Is he still around? I would love one painted to look like me! 

Yes, don't worry, apart from all the sniggers we are having at all each others posts here (are we big smutty kids or what [;)]), my husband just took offence to me saying I was thoroughly excited about my new shiney Willy coming... [:o]

Its just a toy with a silly name... [6]

I was thoroughly excited about my new shiney Willy coming... [:o]  

Its just a toy with a silly name... [6]

[:$] interesting statement [;)]

Hey guys, are some of the parts inter-changeable from M38 to WW2?

I'm thinking stuff like the spare wheel, the jerry can, Willy himself, the nitro bottle/fire extinguisher thingy etc?

Are there any particular parts that are really hard to find, easily breakable or stupidly expensive?

A new Willy owner needs to know these things! [8-)]