Sign in to follow this  
simensays

What happened to the Wild Willy posts?

Made some progress on my WW2.  It's now a rolling chassis!  Just waiting to get electronics installed. 

However, the friction shocks are shot. Will be mounting some take-off oil shocks from a TL-01.  After rebuilding them, what do you guys recommend for a starting set-up for a WW2?  I mean oil weight and spring pre-load spacers?  Much appreciated.

Armand

Hey guys, are some of the parts inter-changeable from M38 to WW2?

The driver tree is pretty much the same between the two.

Hi to everyone!

I can't resist at a WW post.....[:)]

Still love and have my WWs + some other that needs some attention, had a very busy year with a lot of life and work changes but still love Tamiyas.

Now i have some more spare time again and in my new house i have great RC room (finished this week end), with all my model and all the projects that i had to put on a side.

Happy to be back on track and a nice to here from all!

Ciao Ciao.

WWD

[:)]

im not a fan of the big willys, but would love to see a proper 1/10 willy from World War 2 on say an m chassis? ive even thought of making my own willy shell as i cant find a true 110 scale m38 willy shell anywhere [:S]

Here´s my Wilder Willy!!!

NyaWW219.jpg

It runns like a leopard!!!

Badboy

Hey Simensays, how come you don't have a Willys Wheeler in your collection? No Wild Willy collection is complete without a Wheeler you know.

IMG_1402.jpgIMG_1403.jpg

Also pulled my WW out of the closet after 20years. Body in bad shape and motor missing (remember I burnt it with a 9,6v battery in the 80s……) Having problems finding parts for the transmission since the original motor had a “pressed-on” 15t pinion gear and they never made a 15t “bolt-on” pinion for this car (am I right??). Found the gear box plate from the Audi rally and I’m now trying to get a motor pinion for it. The Audi had a larger pinion than the WW but I haven’t figured out the size yet. (Probably 17t-19t) Anybody knows?? The gearbox cover (black plastic) has 2 holes for the 20t idler gear allowing 2 gear ratios by changing pinion (and gearbox plate of course) If I don’t find a 15t pinion Ill try to use the Audi gear setup.

All bronze bushings were also worn out and I’m now replacing them with b.bearings. Figured the transmission on the WW will need the following bearings: 2pc of 683zz (3x7), 4pc of MF85zz (5x8 with flange) and 4 pc of MR115zz (5x11). These are all common industrial bearings and are cheaper to get from a normal hardware store than from hobby shops.

The speed controller was also burnt so I will replace it and the servo with an Acoms electrical controller.

The body is in bad shape too (as you can see…) and I don’t know what to do with it. Would be nice to get a WW2 body (heard they are almost the same) but somebody wrote they never made a body-kit as spare part for the WW2??

Hope the get it running again if I can find the right pinions.

Mag