Sign in to follow this  
techie

Does a Blitzer Beetle Count? Its got big wheels :)

O.K not technically a monster truck as its a 'Stadium Truck' but it does have big wheels. I just got this beauty off e-bay for the pricely sum of £50. It come in very good condition (not seen much action so far as I can tell) and complete ready to run with radio gear, ESC and battery. I however couldnt leave it like that. So I removed the ESC and fitted a Quake No Limit item and installed my vintage but rebuilt LRP AE Orange motor (17x4). I can say it seems to shift some now, need ball races though still.

I like the shape of the Blitzer Beetle but i'm not a big fan of the box art design, the 'splat' effect stickers just look awful IMHO so I removed them pretty much straight away and prepped the body for a coat of plastic primer tomorrow, I think i may get brave and try a two tone paint job in some subtle colours.

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

After having trouble removing the front number plate so i could spray the front cap I decided to try a little modification. Nothing quite in Dee's league but i'm a beginner. I think it looks pretty cool, not sure how the purists will react, might ruffle some feathers..lol 

DSCF0008.jpg

Looking forward to getting some painting down tomorrow, more updates then.

Ross

Opps Sorry [:$]. It still looks cool though.

Its ok mate, you got the idea ;)

Got a bit of primer on the body now..

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

Needs a few more coats, then some colour. Thinking two tone silver/grey.

Looks pretty good, but, Rear and Mid engined cars tend to suffer with a FMIC, because the air doesnt stay cold and dense on the way to the engine.

Still, pretty hot ! ;) 

Looks pretty good, but, Rear and Mid engined cars tend to suffer with a FMIC, because the air doesnt stay cold and dense on the way to the engine.

Still, pretty hot ! ;) 

Ok, its a rad for a charge cooler ;) 

Its got a bit of paint on it now [H]

painted1.jpg

Needs building up now, the paint job isnt A1 but its good enough for a runner to be sure.

Looks realy cool I love the colour scheme. I think it needs a set of black of silver wheels though. [:D]

Looks realy cool I love the colour scheme. I think it needs a set of black of silver wheels though. [:D]

Agreed :( 

I think i'm going to have to find an alternative motor.

Now either the fact its 16 years old (with new brushes) or the fact its a quad wound (17x4) but the LRP motor i have drains a 4300 mAh battery in about 5 mins flat. The same battery on my Egress running a 15x2 Orion motor lasts a good 20mins.

Cant all be down to ball races surely. Something however i want to do to the Blitzer, if i could find some.

I got myself a Peak Racing Griffin motor (15x2) and its is alot faster now, quite an animal really..lol. I actually managed to wheelie it on the tarmac outside my house...eeeek.

A propper bearing set should arrive tomorrow [H]

Motor1.jpg

Motor2.jpg