Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Login Problems - now fixed?

OK I've put something in place which should (fingers cross) fix this problem.

Please note I've only just done it this minute, so you may find you have to login one more time after reading this message before it takes effect.

No doubt you'll let me know if its still a problem [;)]

Chris

Cookies cleared out & temp internet files killed,

so let see what it will do ;)

(it was really getting anoying actually lol)

EDIT

Nope, no fix, still have to re enter login [:'(] 

Stefan

added some more code - so only interested in reports AFTER your next login after reading this second message

chris

yay works ok for me now..no more having to relog in every time you want to post [Y]

added some more code - so only interested in reports AFTER your next login after reading this second message

chris

It's still booting me out (FF) and I read that message 3 times now [:D

Yup I have to log in frequently too.  Ah well could be worse, at least I can still log in :)

That sort of attitude will never get it fixed mister [;)]

Since you fixed it Chris I have to log in every time even though I tick the box  (remember me), its a bit irksome, is it cos I'm on win98 and or yahoo?

Hope you can fix it for me soon.

I would like to inform you that my login problem is now fixed.

I'm on XP pro, entered my user name/password & clicked on the remember me box.  Had a scoot about the site, came out of the site, rebooted and clicked on my favourites tamiyaclub.com.  Started up ok, straight into posting, no need to sign in anymore.

Cheers Chris.

Give it a go in a couple of hours. You may find that you have to log in again. Im running same Op and still have to login every couple of hours or so.

I think Chris is eating the cookies, rather than leaving them where they should be[:P]

Funny enough I am beginning to hate cookies.

That said just tweaked something else to see if it improves things. Ideally clear all your cookies relating to this site and then start keeping track after your next login. (Besure to click the "remember me button" when you next login)

Chris

Guest joelvardy
make that from now.

I've stayed logged in.

hope it works

For IE perhaps but for firefox i am simply unable to get on which really is annoying me as I use it so much because of the tabs system.

I am now of IE and no probs getting straight in yet in firefox I can see all the forums and log into my showroom on the main site, however to sign in a post i just cannot. Is there anything that can be done? or do i have to accept that this forum and firefox just don't mix,

regards Ryck

Have you tried ie just as a test, not saying you should use it just wondering if it is the browser or whether there is something else wrong.

Most common cause of this type of problem is either

- duplicate accounts on the forum with the same name or email address

- changing the password on the main club site and trying to use the new one on the forum. This doesn't work at the mo. The forum always remembers the one you were initially given (or had as of 1st of Jan last year)

Chris

I haven't used IE for a couple of days now, but I'm still logged into forums on there.

Just cleared everything on FF, and will check later