Sign in to follow this  
DJTheo

Bye, bye Tamiya...

Just was told my favourite little cat was found dead, driven over by a car. It was only 2 years old and we were calling him Tamiya as my girlfriend had named her older cat Dickie, even before we met. Here is a pic of Tamiya when he was little, it was always so sweet, clever and carefull...

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img16_22012005154311_3.jpg

We will miss you, hope to meet you again one day... 

hi,

my deepest sympathies for the passing of your little cat.

my girl and me own three cats. our male black cat "rabe" (english: "raven") was hit by a car two years ago. he was hurt pretty bad (serveral muscles where torn off, a ripped phrenic...). the surgery took more than six hours and he spend over three weeks in the hospital. three weeks of waiting and hopping. i guess that was the hardest time of our life. he is now fine. just like the accident never happend.

regards

michael

Theo...so sorry to hear this.

Some may think he was "just a cat". But pets can mean a whole lot more than that. They're friends and companions, with their own feelings and attachments, and they often love us humans unconditionally.

I'm sure his spirit is out there somewhere, missing his home and family - but nevertheless, grateful for the brief time you shared together.

cheers,

H. 

It's a shame he left you so soon in such unforunate way. Hopefully soon, you can celebrate all he has given you and be left with good memories of your beloved Tamiya. He will be re-released in heaven now, and live on with Shunsaku. May he rest in peace. [:)]

sorry to hear about little Tamiya Theo, it looked like he was a big fan of your collection.

Rest In Peace.

Guest joelvardy

speaking truthfully I am not a cat lover.

but I know how emotionally attached people can get.

and I am very sympathetic for you.

Joel

As Joel said, i am also not a huge cat fan, but if that happened to my dog, i think i would want to kill whoever ran her over.

Looks like a cute little guy, even helped push the RC's around.

Bye-Bye Tamiya!

Guest sk8te-penguin

i feel so sorry for you.. my cat died of a stomach tumor

spent £700 + to try and help my cat but it was too late [:'(] id go into detail but it happened last year and this is a thread about poor cute little tamiya. may he rest in peace.

Guest joelvardy

I must also mention that that is the cutest cat I have ever seen (by far from that one the keeps SH***** on my mums flowerbed)

My condolences.  He was a cute little fella (do I detect a "mischevious" look in his eyes in that photo ?) !  It is an unfortunate way to lose a kitty [:(].  I know that pets mean a lot to people whether they are cats, dogs, fish or anything else.  I'm sure poor Tamiya didn't suffer if that helps.  Cheers,

christopher. 

I must admit I was never a big fan of cats!!

That all changed when 'er indoors moved in and brought her 2 with her!!

Great animals which can be really funny to watch, so I can understand your pain Theo and send my sympathies

Theo, I'm sorry for your loss. I miss my (first) cat "Jake" even

today along with my dog "Alfie". Both of them passed 15+ years ago. It

can be almost like losing a close relative, I guess in a sense they are.

best, 

I'm sorry man... I had the same thing happen to my Smoky cat, she used to ride around on my NAPA truck/trailer.

Rest in peace little Tamiya.

Many thanks for your very kind words, its always good to hear that others also feel like you and see them more then "just an animal". For me it was my kid, we buried him yesterday in our garden, we will make a rose bed over it, may he rest in peace and wait for me. Its very scary how empty our not small house feels now, just with a little cat missing, how much it was "filling" it as well our lives...

Cheers 

I feel for you and im so sorry for your loss, i can say without doubt i know exactly what your going through.

Roughly two years ago, my wife and i returned from holiday and were surprised to see a small black cat, curled up in our back garden. We had never seen this cat before, so we just ignored it and that was that. Shortly after that, we shockingly realised what a poor state he was in. He was really thin, with his ribs on  show and legs were really spindly. His coat was also in a terrible mess, with big clumps of fur all knotted and matted together.

We started off by throwing him scraps of food, which he gratefully finished off. It carried on like that for a while, he came, we fed him, and he went.

Some nights, he would jump onto the lounge window sill and stare in while we watched tv, we decided to see if we could find out who he belonged to as he was too friendly to be "just another stray". We asked neighbours, but nobody had ever seen him before so we decided to keep feeding him scraps in the hope he would put weight on and then just wander off on his own.

After a while, during a soft moment, i made him a "cat house" out of an old cupboard with a blanket in it, we put it in the back garden next to the house. He would curl up in it to sleep, and shelter in it when it rained. One particular day, i was off work at the time, it was raining very heavily and the cat was sat on the outside window sill, absolutely soaked. My heart melted, and i ran outside and scooped him up in a towel and brought him in the house, i sat him down in front of an electric heater and that was that, he had us!!

We called him "Scruffy" by this time, but before long this name didnt really suit him as he put weight on and his coat turned so glossy, you wouldnt think it was the same cat. We managed to trim all the matted fur out, and he looked beautiful. We decided to get him checked over at the vets.

The vet couldnt put an age on him, but was pleased with his condition. He confirmed Scruffy wasnt microchipped, and was male. If we wanted to keep him then we could. So we did, and for two years he was spoilt rotten, he did whatever he wanted and was the friendliest cat you could meet. He had the run of the house, (we decided to keep him in the house, lots of mean kids near where we live) he used the litter tray fine and we used to find him in the strangest places!!

He showed us so much love,and was doing great, but one day we realised he didnt look as happy and chirpy as normal. He has started to lose weight and had problems keeping his balance. We kept our eyes on him for a few days, then decided to take him to the vets for a check up. We were then told the worst news, he had developed Renal Failure and due to his age, would rapidly go downhill in front of our eyes. We looked at his little face, and knew there was only one thing we could do. It was the hardest decision, we ever had to make and stayed with him till the end. He looked so peaceful and we knew it was the kindest thing to do for him.

We left the vets, we didnt even make it to the car before bursting into tears, we had lost a friend and a part of our life, he was a member of the family and took our hearts with him.

We miss him terribly, and werent even thinking of having another cat but out next door neighbours cat had kittens, and offered us one. We couldnt say no, so picked a small ginger male, who we called "Chester". He gets all the love he would ever need, but we still think of poor Scruffy from time to time, we even kept his collars. He will be up there somwhere, looking down at us, and hopefully approving of our new pet!

Hope you get through this delicate time, my thoughts are with you.

Craig (modelmaniac[6])

Guest sk8te-penguin

aww... [:'(] every time i read this thread it brings a tear tomy eye. no matter how many times i read it... [:'(] now i have 2 cats owners to feel sorry for. which i dont mind[Y]

Hello Craig,

thanks for your kind post and story, as you say we know how it feels, I have lost quite few pets before but this one was the hardest for me as it was my personal favourite, was often holding him on my arms and he would lie with legs up like a baby and he was so young and full of life, I would have easier coped if our old cat would pass away as it really had a nice and long life [:'(]

Many thanks again to everonye!

Theo 

Sorry to here about this horrible things always happen to those who dont deserve it.

This thread makes me feel both sad and happy.

Sad that people

have lost someone close to them and that the loved one can no longer

enjoy the love that was shared with them. Yet at the same time that

they were able to enjoy the love and care in the first place is good to

know.

Like everyone here, I too have gone through this many times.

My

first dog was abandoned with no concern of its well being. I was scared

of everyone and anything. By chance my mother brought him home for what

was just going to be one night. Ten years later he was no longer scared

and enjoyed our company as much as we did his.

Over the following

years my family adopted many more dogs. These have all passed on now.

The one thing that was in common between all of them is that, even

though it was sad to see them go, I was glad to know that they were all

loved and had a chance to enjoy life.

While my brother and I were

renting a house, my brothers girlfriend  moved in with us. She

brought along a cat. It was a strange cat, which at first didnt get

along with our husky. One day she was run over. We were all so upset.

For me this was the first cat I had lived with and had grown to love

its quirky ways.

There are many times when our pets become ill

and the bills become high, yet we never think about anything more than

what more we can do for their health.

I am very sorry for everyones losses, yet glad they all had someone kind to care for them.