Sign in to follow this  
beaman

drifiting

been looking through the forum over the last 50 pages looking for info on drifting, i may sound totally stupid but was wondering this?

how many drift tyres do you need?

because i assume when drifting you only require the rear wheels to drift and the front wheels to steer, i cant find any other infomation about this and thought you lot were the best people to ask.

while im asking on the subject any more information on this would be most helpful.

running a tt01 chassis 27t motor, esc, adjustable rear arms, adjustable stearing linkages,

regards beaman

been looking through the forum over the last 50 pages looking for info on drifting, i may sound totally stupid but was wondering this?

Did you try the forum search on drift, drifter, drifting or TT01D all give several pages of results...

Cheers

Did you try the forum search on drift, drifter, drifting or TT01D all give several pages of results...

Cheers

I'm sorry, but this total ignoring of questions is getting to me a bit - can't a guy just get an answer as well as a suggestion to search for further info?

He'd already said he's been trawling, and not found the answer, so why not offer a little more help?

Well done OBH, good to see some here like to help[Y]

I'm sorry, but this total ignoring of questions is getting to me a bit - can't a guy just get an answer as well as a suggestion to search for further info?

Gotta agree with Andy here.

Yeah, i had 4 PVC tyres on my rims, running 2Degrees of camber in the front, with the inner edge of the front tyres wrapped with electrical tape to give a little bit more " bite " for the turning.

Mike

He'd already said he's been trawling, and not found the answer, so why not offer a little more help?

Well done OBH, good to see some here like to help[Y]

Sorry, but why should people repeat the same stuff stuff over and over again when they have been posted dozens of times in the past, also by giving him the keywords to search he can find much broader and interesting info then if I or someone else give him a personal two line answer. What do you fin more usefull/helpfull? OBH's single line reply or doing a 30 seconds search with the key words I gave and finding these ?

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/170013.aspx

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/178269.aspx

http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/170098.aspx

Cheers 

Hi beaman, you will require 4 tyres as stated & 4wd.  I have a tt-01 (like who has'nt), with some ABS tubing 52mm inner/3mm tread/26mm width.

These fit perfect on the standard tamiya or, nikko wheel, which are available almost anywhere and do just the job for me.  I've only tried it twice (drifting that is) and made a short movie, take a look.

(also tried them on a 2wd nikko not so good).

I've not made any adjustments at all, just fitted to the wheels and away.  Ive looked at the real deal drifting tyres, a little pricey me thinks but, each to their own.

Drifting big in Japan, now here.  Check out: http://www.rcdrifter.com/showthread.php?t=1765 for tips etc.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, but why should people repeat the same stuff stuff over and over again when they have been posted dozens of times in the past, also by giving him the keywords to search he can find much broader and interesting info then if I or someone else give him a personal two line answer. What do you fin more usefull/helpfull? OBH's single line reply or doing a 30 seconds search with the key words I gave and finding these ?

Mainly because the guy said he'd looked thru 50 odd pages and didn't see the answer.

All I'm saying is why not respond with "you need 4 tyres, I'm sure if you do a search (see top right search box) you'll find out more"3

That way they get a bit of help and advice on how to find more

I just think all this 'use the search button' seems a bit aggressive when a new guy to TC is looking for help

2 cents, spend it how you like 

Mainly because the guy said he'd looked thru 50 odd pages and didn't see the answer.

But I guess he didn't use the search, thats why I also asked him whether he did, didn't ordered him to!

All I'm saying is why not respond with "you need 4 tyres, I'm sure if you do a search (see top right search box) you'll find out more"3

That way they get a bit of help and advice on how to find more

As OBH had already given the tyre answer before me, should I repeat him? [:S] I just added to his reply the search option.

I just think all this 'use the search button' seems a bit aggressive when a new guy to TC is looking for help

As above I just asked if he used it, don't think it can get less polite or non aggresive then that?

Cheers

Hi there like yourself im new to drifting, im running a TL-01 with a 14 turn motor which is too fast for the job will be popping a sport tuned in there, i was told locking the rear diff helps which i have done but now waiting for the weekend to tryout, hope this helps.

thanx for the replies, i had used the search at the top of the page but no one had actually mentioned that you needed abs/pvc tyres at the front. and i was basicaly just checking so i didnt blow aload of cash on something i didnt require.:-)

regards beaman

You started a fight there [:D]

If you got some old wheels knocking around, pop down to B&Q and get some drainpipe to fit over them - it's a good cheap way to have a play

I got 6ft of pipe for a bout £4 I think

With a bit of DIY you can soon cobble up 4 decent tires; http://tamiyaclub.com/CS/forums/thread/176659.aspx

There's also a guy on TC that sells all-in-one moulded wheels and tyres, that actually look pretty sweet too, and at £8 for 6 they gotta be worth a try.

Here's one of his completed sales (forum rules prevent me from posting the live one in his 'other items' [;)])

Finished Item Link

Then you just need a silly body

drifter013.jpg 

thanx alot for the help.[:)] didnt mean to spark a fight. i will have a mess about and see how it goes.

regards