Sign in to follow this  
pleiku68

Better off throwing it away

Maybe its just me but setting up auctions for small items just is not worth it to me anymore..I have thousands of parts..Most are worth between 3 and $10..When I set up an auction I usually costs me like $3.50 for small stuff..Shipping I do at cost but the packaging cost like $1.50..So I sell a set of Chrome wheels for $6...It has cost me $5 just to list and ship..Then to the post office..Most buyers are from the UK so I have fill out custome forms..Anyway I decided to get two big trash cans and be done with it..Auction off expensive stuff any thing under $8 just throw away..Now for $200 I will tell you where I live and what day they pick up the trash...lol jerry

Jerry, I feel the same way.  I have boxes of stuff from hobby store buyouts.  Have you thought about an ebay store?  it's pretty cheap to list and it stays up for 30 days.  I'm trying to organize my stuff to do that.

Sell it by the pound.i always look at the lot section on Ebay,and of course you could list it in your trade section.

Jerry, I feel the same way.  I have boxes of stuff from hobby store buyouts.  Have you thought about an ebay store?  it's pretty cheap to list and it stays up for 30 days.  I'm trying to organize my stuff to do that.

I did and I had one..Opened it up before I went to RI for the Summer..Never got around to listing anything...I travel so much I decided to close it a week ago..THEN I get the big idea to run a few auctions...Yes if I were not traveling its the way to go..Price the stuff right with BUY IT NOW, that I hate, and multiple shipping..Be great for you..But the Sorting and picture taking could be endless..Well for me at my age..Not for you...regards jerry

Very true, I like to give tc members first pick because they do the same back to me and also i dnt have the ebay listing fees.

Often also like me at the mo I am trying to figure out how to put my pajero shell onto my dark impact chassis, The little things like a pair of extra long front body posts would be just what i am looking for.

cheers Ryck

Ok, I will not put the parts out with the Trash..lol...I had a Tradesroom but it got wipped out during the crash..As bad as Ebay is I have alway done better there than in the Tradesroom..Maybe I will list a few parts and see what happens...regards jerry

Jerry,

I know what you mean. In all honesty, I agree with Jeckler completely, break it up into a couple lots. Take ONE picture of each lot, and list them. Of course people will not be able to see the exact condition of each and every part, but hey, they set the price for the lot, not you.

. I am basically on my last Super Champ project, so some time ago, I took my pile of leftovers, after taking out what I needed for the project, and sold it all as one big lot. Done, finished. I understand that there are guys out there looking for individual parts, to finish a project, but what it comes down to, is "what is your time worth?" It really takes a long time to do everything involved with listing and managing auctions.

The traderoom is a great idea, but it takes some time as well, and quite frankly, the 4 hours of spare time I have a day are not going to be devoted to that. I had a bunch of stuff in my traderoom, pretty cheap too, but after the crash you made reference to, I really would rather just let the stuff sit for now, rather than spend time relisting it all again. Sad, but true.

With the lots, there are always guys looking for a bargain that they can in turn split up and resell, and probably make some decent coin in profit. Those people have the time, I do not however.

Jerry, whats your paypal address for the $200, and I need a week to get down..........Mu ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG

Jerry,

I know what you mean. In all honesty, I agree with Jeckler completely, break it up into a couple lots. Take ONE picture of each lot, and list them. Of course people will not be able to see the exact condition of each and every part, but hey, they set the price for the lot, not you.

I am basically on my last Super Champ project, so some time ago, I took my pile of leftovers, after taking out what I needed for the project, and sold it all as one big lot. Done, finished. I understand that there are guys out there looking for individual parts, to finish a project, but what it comes down to, is "what is your time worth?" It really takes a long time to do everything involved with listing and managing auctions.

The traderoom is a great idea, but it takes some time as well, and quite frankly, the 4 hours of spare time I have a day are not going to be devoted to that. I had a bunch of stuff in my traderoom, pretty cheap too, but after the crash you made reference to, I really would rather just let the stuff sit for now, rather than spend time relisting it all again. Sad, but true.

With the lots, there are always guys looking for a bargain that they can in turn split up and resell, and probably make some decent coin in profit. Those people have the time, I do not however.

Jerry, whats your paypal address for the $200, and did you say you ship, or shall I drive down?.........Mu ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG

Jerry,

I am basically on my last Super Champ project, so some time ago, I took my pile of leftovers, after taking out what I needed for the project, and sold it all as one big lot. Done, finished. I understand that there are guys out there looking for individual parts, to finish a project, but what it comes down to, is "what is your time worth?" It really takes a long time to do everything involved with listing and managing auctions.

Jerry, whats your paypal address for the $200, and did you say you ship, or shall I drive down?.........Mu ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG

Yes Scott its very time consuming..I believe i may list a few just to see what happens..but like the scientist have found out.."If you do the same thing the same way the results will be the same everytime" QED...

Ah, but maybe there is a big box of parts on the way to MI as I write this post..and anyone who shows up at my house within the next 24 hour can have the choice of any tamiya in my collection...my Address @##%^ thats in Tibet..Regards Jerry