Sign in to follow this  
Saito

Are the Mythbusters into Tamiya?

I'm sure some of you have seen the show Mythbusters on Discovery channel in the states.  In the episode they paint Jamie gold to prove/disprove the stunt in the Bond movie Goldfinger there is something quite interesting in the background.  In the backgound, the whole wall is piled high with boxes and organizers.  The organizers where labeled as various RC car parts.  What really caught my interest was the amount of vintage Tamiya boxes in the stack.  I thought it was kinda neat considering Jamie is often converting full size cars into RC for stunt/saftey reasons.

I haven't seen that episode yet .But on a similar subject ,has anyone seen 'Kindergarten cop' ?.There is a scene in a toy store( not the toy race track scene - the other toy store scene) ,and in the background there is a vintage kit on a shelf , you only get a brief glimpse of it ,but i am sure it is a Bruiser kit - just a bit of nostalgia there - best part of the film in my opinion  [;)] sorry to all you Arnie fans out there , mind you ,i've watched it a few times to get a better look at the kit, thats my excuse an' i'm sticking to it LOL

I have noticed the same thing, I am pretty sure I have spotted an audi quatro rally kit box in the background before.  I know some things that Jamie has built for tv are radio controlled, the 7-up  shooting soda machine with the tank tracks, and an a 2 wheeled nike shoe that I think was nitro powered, for commercials.

I know its not mythbusters but in "The First 20 Million Dollars Is Always The Hardest". Theres a chap with an m03 mini equiped with a in hole camera that he use to spy on his competitors. And its quite a good film.

Remember 'fraggle rock'? Remember the dozers, and the vehicles they use? One is a tracked vehicle, with a Tiger chassis...

Also, a TXT is used in badboys 2 (too bad they blow it up...)

Other than that - I can't think of anything off the top of my head...

Then there's the HPI sponsored British Touring Car team that had a televised blast in the pit garages with vast quantites of HPI cars and trucks when they were not racing the real thing. What a cool job eh !!  [H]

In the 80's there was a movie called "The Manhattan Project" in which a genius teenager builds a nuclear bomb...He uses a Brat to get the plutonium that he stole out of the lab.

American Hot Rod (also Discovery Channel): Crew of Boyd Coddington goes racing at Losi's place (Team Losi, CA.).

Boyd shows he's a great driver of RC-cars and wins every race.

Dee.

I've seen that episode an i think the other guys lack of driving ability just makes Boyd look good.[:)]

Not that I'm one to be analising other peoples driving skill.[:$]

American Hot Rod (also Discovery Channel): Crew of Boyd Coddington goes racing at Losi's place (Team Losi, CA.).

Boyd shows he's a great driver of RC-cars and wins every race.

Yeah, Gil "Pop" Losi and Boyd Coddington are friends.

I recall the episode of Mythbuster... high on the shelves there was clear Tamiya box ...:-)

Allready thought I was the only one who noticed it.......

Always wondered what car it was and if it's still NIB !