Sign in to follow this  
akihabaramallrat

Subaru Brat Re-release in March (no joke)

I can't wait to get one of these new ones. I am really excited because the Mud Blaster was my first and only Tamiya.

-JB

Sale stock hasn't quite yet arrived where I'm sitting (on holiday) but distributor has received some demo kits 2 wks ago.

Couldn't sell [:'(] me one, looks very nice but ...

Ahh Willy, you are still alive.... good to see.

Bring me back something nice.

Alex

Stella's works out to £94 delivered, I paid £101, but wait how long it takes UK sellers to actually get stock. Some have only just got in 934's. Stella even has a picture of their delivery, so I'm inclined to believe that HK got them early.

Besides - I was never excited about the Hi-Lift like everyone else, but this re-release could have been £200 and I'd have bought it. Love this model!! Best re-release yet!

Release date is March 1st, anyone on eBay selling them now won't have them in stock yet.

Same as the M04 Beetle, Hongkong Cowboy also has them listed.

ahh no, with the Beetle my supplier had stocks I could actually *buy* last week (but haven't), unlike the Brat (display handful only)

Brat kitbox is fullsize like original and weighs a tonne; Beetle kit is featherweight and half the volume.

New version of the ol' Brat coming soon: 84237 Subaru Brat Metallic Special.

Never really been a fan of the metallic finished kits but this one might look good.

Oh Metallic. I wonder if that will be just the shell, other parts as well. A chrome chassis would be nice :)

Here's a pic :-

tamiya-84237.jpg

I quite like it. I think it will sell reasonably well too.

Yes, this is easily the best looking metallic special they have done IMO. Another one on the wishlist. :)

Just having a quick read through this thread's history and I see it was yet another that descended into a love/hate re-re fest. :)

I might actually enjoy this model in a chrome version, and it rather appeals to me. Hmmm, just what I need - another "to buy" item. My wife is gonna kill me.

I might actually enjoy this model in a chrome version, and it rather appeals to me. Hmmm, just what I need - another "to buy" item. My wife is gonna kill me.

Hope some metallic chassis will be broken out and available for reasonable money. Need to replace the chassis on my Monster Beetle runner. Maybe give it a red transparent coat?

+1 in every sense :)

I used to have a similar problem. I got rid of the wife.

I used to have a similar problem. I got rid of the wife.

I just got an R/C car for wife wife; good trade, eh?! :D

Actually, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is remarkably understanding about my R/C addiction and I wouldn't trade her for any R/C. Unless.... B)

Not a fan in the slightest of this shiny stuff, looks naff imo....

Normally I'd agree with you on that Paul but this one has got something about it that I like. Can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

Hi everyone, isn't the subaru brat already out?

Yes, but the all chrome version is new.

so how much fun is this car.....? Is it worth me adding it to my wish list and seriously considering one?

so how much fun is this car.....? Is it worth me adding it to my wish list and seriously considering one?

We'll ship em together mate, save $$$ on postage