Sign in to follow this  
Rabiedmushroom

Yeah Racing hop-ups

Has anyone had any experience of Yeah Racing parts?

My husband has just got a whole load of blue ali Yeah Racing hop-ups for his Gravel Hound. They look scrummy in the packets - until you go to fit them. He's found the quality is poor; collectively the componants are very inconsistant shades of annodised blue, plus the drilled holes are several mm out in places (with scrape marks next to them).

On the whole, he's quite disappointed [:(]

No fault of the seller; these are manufacturing niggles. [:S]

I havent either, but I do have this back burner plan of building a blinged up Hound. So, as above , cheers for the heads up.

BTW: have you spoken to the seller to see if you just got a **** batch? You might just have had some poor luck.

I've bought plenty of wonderful stuff from the seller, but normally Tamiya bits, or spares from alternative manufacturers. Alex went for a heap of Yeah Racing stuff altogether because he thought it'd all match! Lower arms front & back, suspension mounts, body posts, main shaft, hubs all round, C-hubs... Its now all assembled and looks good, along with much swearing and home-made tweaks!

Its all seperate packets so I doubt its a **** batch.

Hand on heart, I now couldn't recommend Yeah Racing aluminum/alloy spares, especially in comparison to personally using beautifully engineered GPM, Eagle, Cross & Tech Racing parts.

But the blue adjustable front & rear GPM dampers he got at the same time are divine... [A]

Hello, I bought Yeah racing carbon fibre front and rear damper plates for a mini M03 recently as I thought they could reinforce the upper damper mounts of the chassis which have started to split.  The carbon plates look very nice in the packet put are horribly bendy and do not seem to be very strong at all.  Rich

I recently bought a yeah racing anodised blue shock tower for my Rising Storm, but had to clean the threads of the tower before i could fit the alloy spacers.

I used an exact screw with matching thread and screwed and unscrewed it a few times till the spacers could be fitted.

Its fine now though!

modelmaniac[6]

Just noticed the thread, following a lovely conversation with Rabied Mushroom in the pub!

Had exactly the same thoughts about the Yeah Racing parts on my old Gravel Hound.  Basically, they are bullet proof if that is what you are after (big collisions don't seem to bend or break anything) but they are not very well designed, well fitted or any good for racing at all.

Just my thoughts

Steve

I've had the ball race sets and they've been fine.

But on another note I'm in charge of Sales and Marketing for a sheetmetal work company and I'm looking at doing a whole array of aluminium parts for RC cars in anodised, brushed, polished styles. If there are any ideas of parts that people want or can't get hold of or are simply not available I'll put them into consideration.