optimaforever

The Optima House

Hi Optimaforever,

Thanks, and you did get my name right [H]

I have an original uncut/unpainted bodyset and decals, and the proper wheels and tires (brand new but cracked due to dry rot!) but I went with this aftermarket look for now.  It was mainly because I don't feel like dealing with the box art right now and I have been wanting to use the TMS aluminum wheels.  The tires are Pro-Line Champions.  The Asso body fits great and in my opinion, looks better than the Optima.  Plus they are quite inexpensive and readily available.

I got the idea of the Protech body from TimeTunnel, his site is an excellent resource!  I plan on doing my own paint scheme on it, I haven't decided what that is just yet. 

I like the hybrid projects, wait until you see my Assault/Sand Scorcher creation I am building now!  [8-|]  I will have an update on it in my showroom after the new year.

Yes, Richie, you can check the post about bodies on the blog [:)]

I've thought about using them, but I keep reading posts here about them being sub-par or "dodgy".  Not sure what to make of that.  Then there's the matter of sending money clear across the pond.

I have several of them, Optima, Optima Mid Custom, Optima Pro, Turbo Optimas...

Really, they are very nice - not perfect of course - but totally usable, and once painted, you can hardly see the little bubbles that could annoy when unpainted. If you don't want to transfer /send money why don't you try paypal? [;)]

Hi Optimaforever,

Thanks, and you did get my name right [H]

I like the hybrid projects, wait until you see my Assault/Sand Scorcher creation I am building now!  [8-|]  I will have an update on it in my showroom after the new year.

Hi Jun my name is Ryo,

I can't wait to see your next project; keep up the good work! [:P

GREAT looking site!

I would be happy to help out another Optima freak.........[:D]

I have quite a bit of information on them - just havent got around to getting it all on my site yet - happy to spread and share the love though - if you need NIB pics - LMK. I have all of the Optima's ever made except for two now, including the mids and both Salute kits.

LMK if I can help at all.

Cheers

Darryn 

Thanks a lot, Darryn!

I'm a huuuge fan of your site and always have been, and I'd added a link to your kyosho NIB pages!

Now I must link to your Gold optima gallery [:P

Well... I have a request for all the people wanting to send me pics of their optima (javelin, salute, turbo Op, mids, pro, etc. welcome of course):

I'd like to lauch a new type of gallery, called 'optima houses'. The idea is to take a pic of your car and your living space/garage/office as background; The whole could be composed, and reflect a kind of 'RC lifestyle', instead of just focusing on the car.

This is my first try:

optimahouse01resizedzs2.jpg 

Ryo - do you have bigger versions of your pics that I can use as desktop wallpaper? 

-Rich

edit - nevermind...I guess I should actually click the pics first before I ask.  [:$]

Hi there,

I have a problem that I hope you can help me with.

I bought a used Optima from the original owner but he can not find the manual.I have been trying to find an English version of the manual for days now and all I can find is the Japanese version. I'm too blinkin' old to take on a new language[japanese] and I have more than enough trouble with english anyway,lol.So if you could possibly steer me in the right direction,I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Marv.

Well... I have a request for all the people wanting to send me pics of their optima (javelin, salute, turbo Op, mids, pro, etc. welcome of course):

I'd like to lauch a new type of gallery, called 'optima houses'. The idea is to take a pic of your car and your living space/garage/office as background; The whole could be composed, and reflect a kind of 'RC lifestyle', instead of just focusing on the car.

This is my first try:

optimahouse01resizedzs2.jpg

Nice view, you have a really nice place

Just posting to let you know that terry.sc helped me out with a copy of the manual.

It looks like you aren't here very often,so I am going to post here and say that your blog is pretty cool.Love all the pics! And found some helpful links too. Nice work!!