Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Wild Wendy is back - but not for long...

D20_0561.JPG

For those of you that don't know, this is Wild Wendy, Wild Willys little sister. She made her first appearance a couple of years ago in one of our competitions and was designed and made by ToyMkr73. Needless to say he went on and won the competition hands down, and then made a for more 'Wendies' for our members. But this one is special.

Matt decided to let the club have this very first one ever made to give away on the club and I've had it ever since, just waiting for the right time to give it away. I can't believe I've now had it for two years [:S] I guess thats a sign that deep down I just never wanted to give it away. lol.

But here she is, and the time is right for her to move on.

So that just leads to the competition, which i haven't decided on yet. If you have any ideas then post them here and we'll aim to find her a new home early next year.

Thanks again Matt. [:)]

Click the pictures below for bigger versions

D20_0557.JPG D20_0558.JPG D20_0559.JPG D20_0560.JPG  D20_0562.JPG  D20_0563.JPG

Chris

saweet!! can't wait to see what the competition is.  Please let it be something other than the guess the hits competition

Have no fear. This will be a competition of skill. Not sure what skill yet, but something with ensures Wendy goes to a very good home and does't end up on ebay within 24hrs of the end of the competition [:)]

I'm glad you have decided to not use guess the numbers for this, I think for such a great prize as this a competition where some sort of skill is needed is a must. In my opinion, it's only fair that such a unique prize go to someone who is seen to deserve it by the members of this club. There have been some great suggestions made by members as to what future themes could be (film inspired shots was one that stood out in my mind) and I dare say there will be many more made in this thread.

However, this could be the time to introduce something new, maybe something video based or possibly a competition to create an alternative to the boxart colour scheme (name of the car stays the same and must appear in the design, no mods to the body). With such a high number of contenders for best picture in this competition, I think we can expect some great entries for this!

I suggest a competition "who makes the nicest ride for Wendy" so people can vote in who's Wild Willie she can sit in......

Martin

How about a 1/10 scale kitchen model?

Or getting her nails done;

D20_0560.JPG

Sweet [:D]. That's extremely generous of Matt to give this away, a unique prize if ever there was one. I suppose whatever the compo is going to be it should be Wild Willy themed in some way. I like the idea of an open WW compo, to show the best ride for Wild Wendy to end up in. A photo/picture competition is IMO better than video, as not everyone has a camcorder or the skill to use it, whereas the majority of people should have a camera of some sort, and can spend time making a nice shot to whatever theme the competition requires. Or perhaps a word based compo could be done, would be a bit different (could do something on the lines of "Wild Wendy should come to live with me because...." in less than 20 words), and then have the entries open for voting without revealing who they are from?

(I just re-read that before posting and had to change the suggestion cos it sounded smutty [:P] - it's virtually impossible to talk about anything referring to the WW2 without entering into double-entendre!)

I think Wendy would like to find a home with the member she looks most like in real life [;)]

So hopefully that's all you boys out of the contest!!! [:P]

If a competition is NOT involved, I'd suggest an auction, with the proceeds going directly to a Christmas charity. [A]

If a competition IS involved, its not going to be fair to be Wild Willy based because plenty of people may not own one. But since its for a Wendy, perhaps it should be girly based. Maybe dress the cars up as a suitable alternative drive for a laaaaaaaaaaady? Everyone loves photo competitions.

P.S. Would Matt ever consider doing 're-release' Wendies? Has anyone asked him since?

I'd love one because all the Tamiya heads and figures are blokes and I'd like to prove my female driving...

I think Wendy would like to find a home with the member she looks most like in real life [;)]

So hopefully that's all you boys out of the contest!!! [:P]

If that ends up being the competition I think I will lose hands down. Still..... there might be a few members willing to "update" their undergarments collection to qualify for the look-a-like contest.