clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

Didn't know about the floor being so high. Must be a can of foam in the RS I expect as it's got some fairly chunky looking wheels on it.

As for the engine, I heard there was quite a bit of reworking. Heads, cams, turbo, intercooler, ECU and perhaps now the crank as well as I heard they busted a few. Not sure about pistons and rods. It's not that big a specific output for a 2.5T. There are YB Cossies running a reliable 400bhp with stock internals all from 2 litres.

The floor is only higher if you have a space saver. I have an ST and it does not have a spare wheel well thats the only difference, so the floor is the standard level for normal use (just flat underneath the carpet). They come with the inflator kit as standard or a FOC spacesaver but this then reduces the size of the boot by having a foam surround for the spacesaver. I have this in mine now as I dont trust the gel. The floor level is pretty much the same as the rubber seal for the hatch.

Paul

Any issues with your ST Jimbo...? Problems I should look out for etc...? Bonny colour yours, too. I like it a lot.

Yeh, points on your license :blink: jokin aside, seriously good cars. I do have a rattle from the dash that comes and goes, it can be heard on even the smoothest roads.

Yeh, points on your license :blink: No seriously good cars. I do have a rattle from the dash that comes and goes, it can be heard on even the smothest roads.

I drive like a granny nowadays fella. I don't even hit the speed limit on the motorway here...! Dash rattle - that's just to let you know that it's a Ford ;) Glad there's nothing major to look out for.

I drive like a granny nowadays fella. I don't even hit the speed limit on the motorway here...! Dash rattle - that's just to let you know that it's a Ford :blink: Glad there's nothing major to look out for.

Ahh yes dash rattle, comes free with the st170 as well ;)

As for the new RS - some pictures here taken by "byngmeister" on the FFOC:

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

More here

Thats a demo car at their local dealer.

I own/drive an Omega Estate,[For long distance hauling at speed]

Land Rover Discovery,[Daily driver/workhorse]

Honda CBR 600,[When i need to get there quick]

Lifan Dax 110.[Out and out fun]

But i also still have a push bike and my faithfull ,"old school" G&S,Kryptonic,ACS-500, skateboard from the 80`s

:blink:

Got a nice car there. The rusted look makes it different. The lowered suspension some how makes the curve of the body looks much better. Was there any body repair given it was parked outside for 30 years and some how the body looks darn good or VW used top quality steel.

Thanks. No Bodywork needed at all, even all the Chrome work, Bumpers, Trim etc is all Original, nothings been replaced or rechromed. They were made properly out of nice quality thick Steel, no Plastic at all, even all the light lenses are Glass and the light buckets are Chromed Steel. Back then they were made to last and... well... my car is absolute proof they got it right!

I made a little video the other day aswell, I had my camera taking some reference pictures for my Air Ride install I'm doing and thought why not.

I drive like a granny nowadays fella. I don't even hit the speed limit on the motorway here...! Dash rattle - that's just to let you know that it's a Ford :) Glad there's nothing major to look out for.

well i get that and a nice high pitched squeal from the dash in my parents montero. the squeal will last for hours on a smooth road but doesnt happen on rough roads and you can usually get it to go away my smacking the dash a few times. lol. there isnt even any rattle anywhere on my family's ford.

Jeep Grand Cheeroke XJ Sports Black ,Nice big car but heavy on the Juice .Goes good though and the nudge bar removes unwanted Roo's that decide to hop out in front of us .

Had one side swipe us last week lucky sod missed the nudge bar hit the drivers side door I had the window down its head ended up in the cab for a whole 5 seconds before he was left behind .I should have asked how he was going but I think the answer would have been "get stuffed mate you just hit me !!! "

One of my cars, Mini Cooper.

Really fun to drive!

It's a 2006/7 "Checkmate" and "Chili" has Recaro seats and Harman Kardon system, and other nice stuff :)

mini1.jpg

mini2.jpg

mini3.jpg

-Lars

(my other car is a Passat diesel...)

Just picked up a new daily driver for when my 205 is off the road, getting ready for its next trip to the Nurburgring...

306xtdt01.th.jpg 306xtdt02.th.jpg 306xtdt03.th.jpg 306xtdt04.th.jpg 306xtdt05.th.jpg

It's a Peugeot 306 1.9 Turbo Diesel - XTDT trim, so electric everything, nicely bolstered seats, should see 50+mpg out of it and it even has an airbag! It's the first car I have owned with a safety feature! Paid £240 for it off ebay, needs a new clutch, something fixing in the braking system (most likely new fluid and a new handbrake cable), new windscreen, two new tyres and a good clean. Should be worth almost a grand once it has MOT and tax, so a bit of a bargain I think. Like to keep in with the brand loyalty as well - this is the 10th Peugeot I have owned!

Just picked up a new daily driver for when my 205 is off the road, getting ready for its next trip to the Nurburgring...

306xtdt01.th.jpg 306xtdt02.th.jpg 306xtdt03.th.jpg 306xtdt04.th.jpg 306xtdt05.th.jpg

It's a Peugeot 306 1.9 Turbo Diesel - XTDT trim, so electric everything, nicely bolstered seats, should see 50+mpg out of it and it even has an airbag! It's the first car I have owned with a safety feature! Paid £240 for it off ebay, needs a new clutch, something fixing in the braking system (most likely new fluid and a new handbrake cable), new windscreen, two new tyres and a good clean. Should be worth almost a grand once it has MOT and tax, so a bit of a bargain I think. Like to keep in with the brand loyalty as well - this is the 10th Peugeot I have owned!

I admire your brand loyalty but Peugeots?! I know they drive well but I shudder when I think of their horrible cable gearchanges and rattly build quality!

Still - that looks like a proper bargain - got a Norfolk registration too!

I admire your brand loyalty but Peugeots?! I know they drive well but I shudder when I think of their horrible cable gearchanges and rattly build quality!

Still - that looks like a proper bargain - got a Norfolk registration too!

Which Peugeots have a cable-operated gearchange? Certainly none that I have owned. The linkages can get a bit sloppy over time, but I've got a quickshift with rose-jointed links in my 205, will probably put the same set-up in the 306 when I get round to it. I'm a massive fan of the old Peugeot gear changes, in fact, that's one of the reasons I like them so much. Modern ones aren't so good I find!

The rattles are just there to add character. I'm actually surprised how few there are in this 306, certainly not as many as the 205. TBH I really don't notice them most of the time, and the great handling more than makes up for it.

Strange that it's a Norfolk registration. One of the reasons I bought it is that my parents are moving to Suffolk soon, so I'll need a mile muncher that's easy on fuel. Their postal address will actually be in Norfolk as the closest town to them will be Diss. At the end of the summer I might swing by Hethel and see if I can pick up a cheap Elise...

Which Peugeots have a cable-operated gearchange? Certainly none that I have owned. The linkages can get a bit sloppy over time, but I've got a quickshift with rose-jointed links in my 205, will probably put the same set-up in the 306 when I get round to it. I'm a massive fan of the old Peugeot gear changes, in fact, that's one of the reasons I like them so much. Modern ones aren't so good I find!

The rattles are just there to add character. I'm actually surprised how few there are in this 306, certainly not as many as the 205. TBH I really don't notice them most of the time, and the great handling more than makes up for it.

Strange that it's a Norfolk registration. One of the reasons I bought it is that my parents are moving to Suffolk soon, so I'll need a mile muncher that's easy on fuel. Their postal address will actually be in Norfolk as the closest town to them will be Diss. At the end of the summer I might swing by Hethel and see if I can pick up a cheap Elise...

lol - as I typed that I thought to myself - I am setting myself up for a fall here as I bet they arent cable operated - just feel like it sometimes! :lol: I think I was put off Peugeots years ago when I had a 1989 309 SRi - the engine went bang in it and although we swapped in a 1991 205 GTi 1.6 engine I never bonded with it very well - good handling car though.

lol - not far from me at all - I live only 5 minutes drive from Lotus - in fact I used to work there until I got this job! One of my best mates works for the development team and is always bringing cool stuff round for me to have a ride in - most recently the new Evora and the 211 GT4 with £15k worth of Quaife sequential gearbox - awesome! Wouldnt bother going there for cheap cars though - they dont sell direct from the factory :lol:

There is a dealer nearby though? I recall having to go there with a mate to pick up a part for his Esprit.

309 SRi was a great car, very surprised the engine went bang as they're usually very good. 1.6 GTI engine probably not suited to the car though, not enough torque. Did you know the 309 started life as a Talbot/Chrysler project?

There is a dealer nearby though? I recall having to go there with a mate to pick up a part for his Esprit.

309 SRi was a great car, very surprised the engine went bang as they're usually very good. 1.6 GTI engine probably not suited to the car though, not enough torque. Did you know the 309 started life as a Talbot/Chrysler project?

Nearest dealer is in Long Stratton - http://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/used_lotus_for_sale.php

The engine was a 1.6i similar to the 205 Gti though was it not? Thats why we went for that one - went well enough anyway! :) I didnt know that and I bow to your superior geeky knowledge of the PSA group ;):lol:

It was actually the same engine as the later 1.6 GTIs, but I still don't think it had enough torque to carry a 309 tbh. If you replaced it with an early 1.6 engine, it would have been around 10% down on power, and similar on torque.

The 309 was built in the UK, in the old Rootes factory. It was originally going to be called the Talbot Arizona, and was stolen mainly from Simca which was swallowed up into PSA. It's a bit of a bodge in terms of parts and styling, but managed quite well. Interestingly, more 309s were sold in the UK than in France (where the 305 was more popular).

As where talking about Pug's heres mine..

Unmolested 106 GTi :lol:

Currently off the road but im hoping to start doing some track days in it next year..

P8090339.jpg

P8090336.jpg

I have a 2003 VW Passat TDi 130 Estate. Originally had it as a company car from new, then bought it at cost from my previous employer when they changed policy from company cars to car allowance. Currently has 130,000 miles on it, and there's BAGS of life left in it yet. Bullet proof work horse, that goes like stink and still does 50mpg. Love it.

I have a 2003 VW Passat TDi 130 Estate. Originally had it as a company car from new, then bought it at cost from my previous employer when they changed policy from company cars to car allowance. Currently has 130,000 miles on it, and there's BAGS of life left in it yet. Bullet proof work horse, that goes like stink and still does 50mpg. Love it.

Having driven a lot of these as they're my company's "workhorse" pool car, I'd have to disagree with you there. The mid-range torque is strong, but I find them woefully slow moving from a standstill, and at the top end.

Different people drive in different ways, and have different expectations I suppose. For me, the mid range torque is what's important - overtaking is a breeze, and getting out of a junction quickly is never a problem, provided you give it enough welly (and spinning the front wheels is easy if you give it too much). It'll sit at 80 all day, and is one of the most comfortable rep mobiles over a long journey that I've ever driven.

It's a diesel powered rep mobile when it comes down to it, and perhaps "goes like stink" is relative; it's no Golf GTi, but when it comes to "loading a sofa in the back and driving from point A to point B at a million miles an hour" (to quote Clarkson), I'd rather have the passat than the golf, frankly.

After all those old second hand cars I finaly managed to buy a brand new car. I realy like the design and it performs quite well.

13052009140s.jpg

PS the spoiler only makes you think it goes faster :D

13052009140s.jpg

PS the spoiler only makes you think it goes faster :D

Just the right height to push it round a supermarket if you have a sunroof :D

Just kidding it looks ok to me ;)

just passed my test a week or so ago and am currently driving my hilux :D

Has got a 2" lift, 33" bgf m/t's, tjm winch bumper, snorkel and alot more to list, does fantastic offroad happily taking us where we need to go :unsure: and not to shabby on road too lol

02052009549-1.jpg