clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

l_966a5c8d5c2ce6636e70edc08eb940f6.jpg

2008 Honda Accord Coupe.

Ivory leather interior.

v6 with 6 speed manual transmission.

When I ordered it, it was the first 8th generation 6 speed coupe in the tri-state area.

Yeah, i know, an Accord isn't too exciting. But it's got very good power and handles pretty well.

I have a second Honda, also:

A 1997 Honda Valkyrie

l_87fe8eddf12fab2aee553513b129fe35.jpg

Yeah, i know, an Accord isn't too exciting. But it's got very good power and handles pretty well.

On the contrary, I think it looks very exciting for a Japanese coupe. Certainly not seen one in the UK yet. Very easy on the eye!

here's a shot of my heavily modded vw new beetle for this past weekends show:

19aug09%20001.jpg

and a shot of my six week old baby boy at his first show:

19aug09%20040.jpg

the goods under the hood:

Picture%20180.jpg

Just finished cleaning the car ready for the off tomorrow, new wheels, new rear beam, brakes etc. etc....

Hopefully when I get back there'll be a picture of it on the Nurburgring, looking a lot different to the first time I went there:

cnv00035cw2.jpg

Since then it's had:

New engine - now pushing out 140bhp (not a massive amount, but 12 more than standard in a car than only weighs 815kg...)

New suspension all around - bilstein shocks, lowered 25mm on stiff springs, brand new rear beam, rear bilsteins, uprated ARB, top and bottom strut braces.

New brakes

New wheels - wrapped in Falken ZE912 rubber

Two new doors

New grille

Power steering

etc. etc....basically a whole new car...

• Like 1

For my daily car I drive an Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 tdi. Apart from all the inside options I put on 19" RS6 wheels in anthracite on. With the airsuspension (always on Dynamic ;-) ) it runs as smooth as silk.

_KVN6635.jpg

_KVN6641.jpg

Wheels ... you do need them! (Allthough my wife doesn't share my thoughts on that point ;) )

_KVN6640.jpg

From september on this will be my weekend car.

An original Lancia Delta Integrale Evolution 2 "Giallo"

It just needs an few checks on the chassis. Rare thing on this car is that it was never repainted and has no rust. these things normally rust faster then the painter can paint then :)

215 bhp, 4wd, 5,7 0->100 km/h, 220 top ... more then enough for me!

giallo1.jpg

giallo2.jpg

thanks for watching.

cheers

Koen, Belgium

• Like 2

hi

here my new after my cortina mk2 broke it back!

its a triumph 2000 mk1 estate,straight 6 cyl,twin carbs,4speed with over-drive,stag front front brakes,5x stag alloys,on 185x65x14,1966(last time england won world cup-lol)in gun metal grey,,,nearly finish,just little more work to be done

100_7274.jpg

let me know what you think,,,fingers cross m.o.t early next month(september)

thanks for reading

nic tt

Suzuki%20RG%20125%20Wolf%2092.jpg
well never owned a car always been motor bikes 2 stoke 125 mainly and at 6 foot 5 was always to big for the faired versions this is was my 1st new bike owned 3 of them over the years great bike once you put the front forks off the rg125 fun on it and derestricted it was a fun fast little bike and were i live bike bikes never really made sense . Now don't even own a bike thanks to a prolapsed disc in lower back and bumpy roads don't mix even on a traily :(

• Like 1

As we've had a thread resurrection, might as well post a fleet update. Still got the 205, but it's been restored even further, and I've replaced the MX-5 with this:

img0341as.jpg

img0332ne.jpg

img0338r.jpg

205:

img1682wj.jpg

• Like 1

LOTUS!? Wow, that's wild!

It was actually the most sensible choice. It's gone up in value around £2k since I've had it. Not many cars do that!

It was actually the most sensible choice. It's gone up in value around £2k since I've had it. Not many cars do that!

Man, that car is an instant classic. ;)

I can only imagine the sort of co-pilots you can get with such a beauty! B)

Nice! That is the best looking version on the Elise IMO, before the headlights got a makeover.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan SFE Model.

My recommendation ? Don't buy one, absolute rubbish.

I'll be returning to my standard Honda or Toyota when it's paid for !

Nice! That is the best looking version on the Elise IMO, before the headlights got a makeover.

Interesting. I actually prefer the S2's front end with the "evil" looking headlights, but prefer the rear end of my S1.

I inherited the 'Jeepie' from my father when he passed last year. It was originally built by my grandfather many years ago. My dad inherited it from him when he passed, now me from my dad. Like a family heirloom.

Dads_Jeep_01.jpg

Dads_Jeep_02.jpg

The body is mostly Willy's Jeep. What isn't Willy's has been manufacturered at the engineering shop in Kingaroy. The chassis is mostly Willy's too, and a bit of Holden, and a bit of Ford. :lol:

The engine is a Ford Falcon 4.1Ltr (250cui) 6cyl alloy head series II crossflow with a Weber twin throat carby. Almost too much power for such a light 4WD. Transmission is a Ford 4 speed, backed with a Chrysler electric overdrive, and that backed with a Jeep transfer case. The electric overdrive can split every gear. That's a total of 16 forward gears, and 4 reverse gears.

The diffs are Toyota Hilux LSD with a 3.86 ratio and free-wheeling front hubs. I do have the original Dana 4.11 Jeep diffs that my grandfather put in it hidden away in the shed. The driveshafts were custom made by my grandfather.

Most of the interior is from a Ford Falcon XE. Including seats, electronic dash, steering column, pedal block. Centre console is from a Holden Torana. Steering box is Toyota Hilux, and brakes are a combination of Ford and Toyota.

Three fuel tanks. 70Ltr main tank at the rear, and two 35Ltr reserve belly tanks.

Missing from the picture is the big rubber duck that is mounted to the middle of the hood (and has been since 1966). It's nickname has always been 'The Duck'. And since the photo was taken I've put it up on bigger 16" wheels shod with some Cooper ST Maxx tyres.

It's almost unstoppable offroad, and goes pretty good onroad (goes much quicker than the speed limit if you can handle the flapping canvas roof).

The wife needs a small step ladder to get into it. Haha :lol:

Also, not added to my original post is my 'new' daily driver. A 2000 Ford Cougar V6, a rare car in Australia. I've spent quite a bit on it to date. Full exhaust, decat headers, Mangaflow cat, Mongoose twin system. K&N intake. Black Diamond slotted/cross drilled brake rotors. Lenso D1R wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza S001s. Front and rear strut tower braces. Koni yellow shocks and Eibach adjustable springs.

I've been working on the looks department a bit over the last few months too with a full Razzi ground effects kit (these are ABS plastic and not fibreglass). A Wings West Commando rear wing. The factory hood scoop, and some Extreme Dimensions Z3 fenders and front bumper. (all not fitted in the old photo). It's currently in the workshop with the bodykit parts being matched to the body colour, then the whole car being overcoated with holographic glitter flake and gold pearl (and about 20 coats of Dulon 2K clear to cover it all).

Everything I've needed to buy for the 'hopup' I've needed to import from either the US or UK (at great expense). The $600 Razzi kit cost a further $1800 to get through the port criminals as an example (this hit by customs and the ports sorta makes up for all those RC bits I've imported over the years and never been stung). Ford Australia are hopeless and offer no support for the car at all (I guess their poor support is one of the reasons they went broke and are closing in 2016).

Cougar_New_Wheels.jpg

Should look like this when I'm finished:

img20319_08012013062209_7.jpg

• Like 2

I inherited the 'Jeepie' from my father when he passed last year. It was originally built by my grandfather many years ago. My dad inherited it from him when he passed, now me from my dad. Like a family heirloom.

Dads_Jeep_01.jpg

Dads_Jeep_02.jpg

The body is mostly Willy's Jeep. What isn't Willy's has been manufacturered at the engineering shop in Kingaroy. The chassis is mostly Willy's too, and a bit of Holden, and a bit of Ford. :lol:

The engine is a Ford Falcon 4.1Ltr (250cui) 6cyl alloy head series II crossflow with a Weber twin throat carby. Almost too much power for such a light 4WD. Transmission is a Ford 4 speed, backed with a Chrysler electric overdrive, and that backed with a Jeep transfer case. The electric overdrive can split every gear. That's a total of 16 forward gears, and 4 reverse gears.

The diffs are Toyota Hilux LSD with a 3.86 ratio and free-wheeling front hubs. I do have the original Dana 4.11 Jeep diffs that my grandfather put in it hidden away in the shed. The driveshafts were custom made by my grandfather.

Most of the interior is from a Ford Falcon XE. Including seats, electronic dash, steering column, pedal block. Centre console is from a Holden Torana. Steering box is Toyota Hilux, and brakes are a combination of Ford and Toyota.

Three fuel tanks. 70Ltr main tank at the rear, and two 35Ltr reserve belly tanks.

Missing from the picture is the big rubber duck that is mounted to the middle of the hood (and has been since 1966). It's nickname has always been 'The Duck'. And since the photo was taken I've put it up on bigger 16" wheels shod with some Cooper ST Maxx tyres.

It's almost unstoppable offroad, and goes pretty good onroad (goes much quicker than the speed limit if you can handle the flapping canvas roof).

The wife needs a small step ladder to get into it. Haha :lol:

Also, not added to my original post is my 'new' daily driver. A 2000 Ford Cougar V6, a rare car in Australia. I've spent quite a bit on it to date. Full exhaust, decat headers, Mangaflow cat, Mongoose twin system. K&N intake. Black Diamond slotted/cross drilled brake rotors. Lenso D1R wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza S001s. Front and rear strut tower braces. Koni yellow shocks and Eibach adjustable springs.

I've been working on the looks department a bit over the last few months too with a full Razzi ground effects kit (these are ABS plastic and not fibreglass). A Wings West Commando rear wing. The factory hood scoop, and some Extreme Dimensions Z3 fenders and front bumper. (all not fitted in the old photo). It's currently in the workshop with the bodykit parts being matched to the body colour, then the whole car being overcoated with holographic glitter flake and gold pearl (and about 20 coats of Dulon 2K clear to cover it all).

Everything I've needed to buy for the 'hopup' I've needed to import from either the US or UK (at great expense). The $600 Razzi kit cost a further $1800 to get through the port criminals as an example (this hit by customs and the ports sorta makes up for all those RC bits I've imported over the years and never been stung). Ford Australia are hopeless and offer no support for the car at all (I guess their poor support is one of the reasons they went broke and are closing in 2016).

Cougar_New_Wheels.jpg

Should look like this when I'm finished:

img20319_08012013062209_7.jpg

mark , the willys is just the best !!!!! and with your engineering skill a perfect candidate for a 1;1 scale wild willy !!!!!! now that i would love to see

Nice looking Cougar Mark - to be honest I reckon yours looks better than the one below...

2 of my Land Rovers. They are both event G4's the Discovery from the 03 Challenge in South Africa the Freelander 2 a reece vehicle from Mongolia in 08.

FL2+D2.jpg

Ant