clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

I can understand that, the BMW is my first diesel, 6-700miles per tank depending on how I drive it, that distance would've cost me an arm and a leg in my evo haha

125's are great aren't they? When I worked in London traffic (and petrol) was a nightmare so I did my cbt and picked up a used Kymco KR Sport 125 cheap off ebay, great fun and the running costs were unreal :)

I finally got my beetle done, so when the spring comes i will be driving this one :-)

2015-02-102018.05.39_zpswncbbib4.jpg

2015-02-102018.49.24_zpsaei8ij8k.jpg

2015-02-10%2018.47.33_zpsz0ie93z1.jpg

• Like 5

This is my current summer ride I first built it in 2003 with a 2.0l pinto engine making 145 bhp, I then completely rebuilt it 2007 to its current state with a 2.1l naturally aspirated cosworth engine making 225bhp. For those of you not to familier with these types of car it's a Westfield sei, hence the user name cosworthwesty

76CC451D-5099-487A-A621-EC2E09DCD99C.jpg

4CEAA011-8FD0-47E1-A605-6D255BB5A925.jpg

• Like 5

This is my current summer ride I first built it in 2003 with a 2.0l pinto engine making 145 bhp, I then completely rebuilt it 2007 to its current state with a 2.1l naturally aspirated cosworth engine making 225bhp. For those of you not to familier with these types of car it's a Westfield sei, hence the user name cosworthwesty

Posted Image

Building a 7 is high on my must do list. That one looks great

• Like 1

Building a 7 is high on my must do list. That one looks great

I have to say it's very rewarding to do and also very expensive don't tell the wife, I have a garage full of hidden receipts for parts.

76CC451D-5099-487A-A621-EC2E09DCD99C.jpg

4CEAA011-8FD0-47E1-A605-6D255BB5A925.jpg

That's beautiful mate.

• Like 2

I'd always hoped that your user name was for a cosworth powered westfalia VW camper !! :)

Sorry :ph34r:

Rich

• Like 2

Quick question cosworthwesty, how come the headers are all grouped towards the front and not just stick out individually out the side and into the muffer?

Quick question cosworthwesty, how come the headers are all grouped towards the front and not just stick out individually out the side and into the muffer?

The manifold was made by tony law it's a handmade one off, they were done that way to get the correct tuned length. It always make me chuckle because it looks like a three cylinder manifold at first glance.

• Like 1

New job means company car! It's an oldy as I'm still on my probationary period, but it's nice all the same! Hopefully I'll get one of those nice new ones in September...

Mondeo.jpg

I finally got my beetle done, so when the spring comes i will be driving this one :-)

2015-02-102018.05.39_zpswncbbib4.jpg

NICE Beetle !!

• Like 1

A black FIAT 500c .. going in for it's 2000km service tomorrow.

These have been O'seas for many years, but only just now starting to getting some sales traction here in Australia.

Still don't see that many of the newer Fiat 500's on the roads here, but the numbers are increasing .. having the Chrysler dealer network backing, as well as a big price drop has certainly helped sales.

C1 goes back next week and then a new C1 will turn up the week after. I love leasing :-)

Would love something cool and fast but I have a garage full of bikes instead

I probably should update here...

I have two, in different states (at the moment)

One is an old Holden Commodore, and the other is a Daihatsu Handi L701. The Commodore is an 89 model, basically standard 3.8 litre Buick V6, just with some springs and shocks. The Handi has a 998cc 3 cylinders, with custom made headers and fully opened out head just to start with.

5two15%20-%20Copy_zpsmou5wsa7.jpg

Leakyconcept1_zpslpszsca7.jpg

DSCF0257_zpsc2da3ab5.jpg

DSCF0258_zpsb62bd338.jpg

My DD is a 2012 Fiat Abarth, my weekend cruiser is a 1961 Studebaker Hawk..

image.jpg

post-44360-0-23966200-1429480366_thumb.j

Bought this BMW X5 yesterday, for family/long journey/shopping/dog duties etc

3_zpsaeux0k3m.jpg

2_zpslntiibdv.jpg

4_zpsbj2m0wit.jpg

5_zpsgpcdgmrv.jpg

• Like 2

Well after only having had my Astra GTC VXR for around 9 months or so, it was time for it to go. Too heavy on fuel(280 miles to a tank), road tax cost, servicing and parts (£1000 for replacement brembo rotors andpads) and it just never felt "that quick" due to the smooth power delivery. So it went last week and in its place is a more sensible 5 door Astra 2.0CDTi Elite.

The Elite has loads of toys, full heated leather, dual zone climate control, electronic drivers seat, power folding mirrors, auto diming rear view mirror, auto lights, auto wipers, 18" wheel upgrade with Sri suspension, ambient mood lighting on the doors and gear surround, sat nav and premium sound upgrade. Car had 165bhp, 290lb/ft as standard, but i have now fitted a DTUK diesel tuning box, which now gives 228bhp, 379lb/ft(mid range is just brilliant) £30 a year road tax and good for 680 miles to a tank of diesel :) Thought i would miss the VXR but i actually dont that much.

James

:)

My small fleet consits of a 16 year old focus 1.6, a mk3 capri v8 and a mk5 cortina 2 door YB cosworth.

The focus does 99.99999% of driving duties :(

sven

• Like 1

I haven't updated this in a looong time! I completely missed 2 cars that weren't around very long: a Toyota pickup and a Plymouth Neon. The pickup made me hate carburetors again and the Neon was rear-ended.

Current daily driver, for the last 6 months or so, is a 1989 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 4.5 liter V8, mounted transversely, front wheel drive. Power everything, and a curb weight of nearly 2 tons. Yes, it's more or less a pair of leather sofas on wheels, and yes, the fuel mileage is about what you'd expect. But my commute isn't very long, so I might as well be comfortable...

2014-12-05%25252016.29.07.jpg

That fake convertible top is going away eventually. It looks silly next to my real convertible, a 1991 MX-5 Miata. Hard to believe I've had this car for 6 years now. Though it occurs to me, I don't have any new photos of it. Here it is 3 years ago, after the roll bar installation:

2012-09-22%25252017.37.02.jpg

Looks about the same now, but has tan leather seats out of a 2000 Miata.

• Like 1

A transverse V8 for fwd?!

Yep. The did them that way for years. Works quite well, actually. Very little torque-steer, and with McPherson struts and rack-and-pinion steering, it's not as floaty and wandery as the old RWD solid-axle ones. The rear 4 spark plugs are "interesting" to reach, but apart from that it's pretty easy to work on.

This is my little toy. I bought it for a bit of fun, needs bigger tyres but otherwise it will stay as it is.

31171ef5-b011-49ca-8dc7-9c255e5f6cee_1.j

f0fe3a6b-3918-4ca0-8952-fc4ef7f00ca1_1.j

Yep. The did them that way for years. Works quite well, actually. Very little torque-steer, and with McPherson struts and rack-and-pinion steering, it's not as floaty and wandery as the old RWD solid-axle ones. The rear 4 spark plugs are "interesting" to reach, but apart from that it's pretty easy to work on.

Love it.