clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

1 hour ago, Pumesta said:

I really like those cars, just the MPG of both petrol and oil combined with stories of rotor wear scare the Bejesus out of me

Wanted one for years but I was a bit worried too, don't be, a bit of knowledge about rotaries goes a long way :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wez-li said:

Wanted one for years but I was a bit worried too, don't be, a bit of knowledge about rotaries goes a long way :)

Buy one with your eyes open and its not that bad.  A guy here bought a 56 plate 230hp one (the one thats £490 per year to tax!) for £1250 - he uses it for track days and its been faultless - he even took it from Norwich to Edinburgh and back for work recently and it never missed a beat.  A lot of car for the money!

• Like 1

Just purchased a Honda HRV, my wife drives a Corolla so no speed demons (at least on the real roads) here ;-)

My Company Car finally got delivered last month, also a Mazda. Albeit not as exciting as an RX8, but I reckon I'd be more comfortable in this (and my company would be much happier with 50mpg instead of 20!

DSC_0682.jpg

• Like 1

My wee project has finally progressed.... looking closer to my rc version now :0

6eec54a.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Guys,

some very nice cars here!. 5 years ago I turned 40 and wanted to by my dream car.  Still scares the .... out of me everytime I drive it :-)

grts

IMG_9641.jpg

• Like 7

Lots of GTR love...I did it the other way around...had my dream car (R34 GTR 700bhp beasty), but sold it when the kids came along...

Brands Hatch 003 screensaver

Sharing the garage with my R32GTR track car (530bhp) Happy days :), also sadly sold!

Sharing Garage Space....dribble dribble...you don't appreciate what you had till its gone!! :( - Close to Nirvana...

For now I stick with an R33 GTS-T track car, 1:10 scale RC's...and these two little monkeys...(taken 6 years ago! Sigh, how time flies!)

Approval

• Like 3

That's awesome Nito. Sadly I think the Nissan GT-Rs are something I'll only ever experience on video games. Did they live up to the hype they have? Were they difficult to live with?

Thanks Chris, sorry, they were better than the hype ;)particularly when unleashing the beast with further tuning which is why you see so few in unmodified state, the problem is, some are tuned better than others so consequently there are some knackers about but the same goes for Subaru's and the like, buy a well tuned one and they are very reliable, easy to live with and easy to work on. The good news is that the R32 is every bit as enjoyable as the R34, though R32's are starting to appreciate in value now. Even the modest GTS-T's if you pick a good one, are incredible drivers cars and probably the best kept secret at the moment.

cheers

Nito

The Rotary is still going strong :)

IMG_20160817_091109_499_zpspyvhsewa.jpg

B)

• Like 2

On 8/17/2016 at 4:15 PM, Wez-li said:

The Rotary is still going strong :)

B)

Nice. How many Km's?

Here's my Mazda. 2004 LS with 79,000 miles.

10584736974_0b40e49097_z.jpg

10584701296_3303ba069e_z.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Nice. How many Km's?

10584736974_0b40e49097_z.jpg

10584701296_3303ba069e_z.jpg

Bet that handles well!

The rx8 is also on 79,000 miles (127,000km) Starts on the button hot & cold :)

• Like 2

I currently drive an R35 GT-R and own a mint Evo 6 RS2. Oh and a Kia Carens.

dolomites-street-vi-alla-faccia-del-mete

P1020349.JPG

Previos cars worth mentioning include:

Mitsubishi Evo 5 (my first Japanese sports car, imported from Japan)
the Cusco Mitsubishi Evo 9 (I imported it to Europe to sell, so didn't have it long)
sstp_0711_01_z%2Bmitsubishi_lancer_evolu
Mitsubishi Evo 8 with an FQ400 manifold and a GT3076HTA

R34 GT-R with an HKS 2.8 engine on GT2860-5s, Link ECU etc. etc. 

23qyotz.jpg

I love anything with 4 wheels and if it's from Japan, I love it even more!

• Like 3

You lucky guys drive on the right Side of the road. So you can buy all these fantastic Japanese sportscars. I'm slightly jealous 😀.

I have a German duo, which does the job perfect 👍image.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, koenc said:

You lucky guys drive on the right Side of the road. So you can buy all these fantastic Japanese sportscars. I'm slightly jealous 😀.

I have a German duo, which does the job perfect 👍

I will happily trade you my MX-5 for that white one. :)

If you're even in the Eifel with one of your Porsches let me know and we can meet up for a drive and an RC bash. I live near the Nürburgring :)

RX8 has gone, new wheels are here.

'02 Raven black TT quattro

*Awaits hairdresser comments* :P

2016-11-09_21.21.37.jpg

Screenshot_20161107-181427.png

2016-11-09_21.16.49.jpg

3 hours ago, Wez-li said:

*Awaits hairdresser comments* :P

Ooh, that reminds me, I could do with a trim. ;)

• Like 1

Nice Swift - I've driven one around the Nürburgring and another one around Circuit Pau Arnos - great handling! You can get them to about 190PS too. I didn't like the original seating position as it's too high but if you get some bucket seats in you sit lower and get a better feeling from the car.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2016 at 9:52 PM, Kingfisher said:

Nice. How many Km's?

My daily is an 1999 MX-5.  Only mod is the 16" wheels (from the 2001+ car) and the turbo's strut brace.  I'm super bored with the car and want something mid-engine again.  Also when I sell it, i'll commemorate it with an MX-5 RC build.  

E9H0En3.jpg
And yes, it can carry a set of autocross wheels, if you have the will.... and a bungee cord.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

My daily is an 1999 MX-5.  Only mod is the 16" wheels (from the 2001+ car) and the turbo's strut brace.  I'm super bored with the car and want something mid-engine again.  Also when I sell it, i'll commemorate it with an MX-5 RC build.  

And yes, it can carry a set of autocross wheels, if you have the will.... and a bungee cord.

Very nice. I assume you have the same wheels as me. Why did you go up to 16's? Most people go from the 16's down to 15's for the ride quality and tire selection. Before I got my Miata, I almost decided on an MR-S, but it had issues with the pre-cats. What mid engine car are you after?

On 11/16/2016 at 1:06 PM, Kingfisher said:

Very nice. I assume you have the same wheels as me. Why did you go up to 16's? Most people go from the 16's down to 15's for the ride quality and tire selection. Before I got my Miata, I almost decided on an MR-S, but it had issues with the pre-cats. What mid engine car are you after?

My car came with 14"s which were in poor condition (& 3 different brands of tire!).  And then a friend offered up his 2001 wheels for a whole $200, the 5 spoke non-split-spoke ones, @Kingfisher you have the fancier ones.  Yes, ride quality is diminished a bit.  But they're pretty wheels (& just did drilled/slotted rotors all around so they're super pretty now).   

I'm after a 09+ Cayman.  I've considered and driven a few MR-S's but can't get past the exterior styling, interior that looks like it's from the Pep Boys catalog, and the headlights :blink:.  What's the pre-cat issue on the MR-S?

I've driven an Elise too, but in south florida, i wouldn't want to daily drive it.

I have a old Mits L200 double cab.  I have had it from new and its pretty mint as I only do about 6k a year in it.  I am at the moment a stay at home dad, plus most contracts I do are in central London so no real need to change.  When I need a car for my next job I will replace it for a newer Hilux I think until a hybrid pickup is released and then I will buy another new one for the next 20 years :-)

Mark

Amazed this topic is still going...!

I've still got my road-going Sierra RS500 but she has now been joined by a very special sister. Also have a factory special TVR Cerbera 4.5 and a Boxster...

Cheers :)

20161105_092647 (Large).jpg

20161105_092700 (Large).jpg

20161105_094913 (Large).jpg

20161105_094920 (Large).jpg

20161106_175853 (Large).jpg

20161009_115750 (Large).jpg

20160823_121538 (Large).jpg

• Like 13