clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

It's on centrelock wheels so I'm guessing it's the actual race car. I nearly bought an RS500 about 12 years ago...I wish I had done with todays prices! I still have a thing about a moonstone 3dr. Maybe one day...

I've been working on the 1:1's heaps lately but found a disc with pics from a shoot in 2006 on it. Happy days !

sorry....iPad fail.  I'll fix it tomorrow.  Too tired zzz

Aye up Roop glad you're still around and still got the Sierra (nice new addition by the way)

I suppose I owt to update mine as it's been a few years now since I last updated it. These are the main reason why I have been a bit quiet on TC recently and why I sold quite a large proportion of my Tamiya collection. the money raised from selling my Tamiyas was reinvested into these.

First up is my 1963 Anglia Combi van

AngliaKombi%20clear%20plate%20signwritin

And next my 1986 Mini Moke

20160904_130411_zpszygojyfc.jpg

and my 2001 Mitsubishi L300 van that I converted into a camper a few years back.

20150710_195613-1_resized_zps4yky7j5d.jp

I also have a subaru pick up (but thats in the other thread so wont fill this one up and a 1986 Mitsubishi Lancer

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Thommo said:

I've been working on the 1:1's heaps lately but found a disc with pics from a shoot in 2006 on it. Happy days !

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/ommoht/1971%20XY%20Futura/Thomos.XY62.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/ommoht/1971%20XY%20Futura/Thomos.XY34.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/ommoht/1971%20XY%20Futura/Thomos.XY40.jpg

sorry....iPad fail.  I'll fix it tomorrow.  Too tired zzz

Thomos.XY62.jpg

Thomos.XY34.jpg

Thomos.XY40.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Aussie Ford ? Looks early '70's ?

Guessing at a Falcon ?

No idea, I was just making Thommos pictures work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Aussie Ford ? Looks early '70's ?

Guessing at a Falcon ?

Correct !  She's a 1971 XY Falcon Futura in Teal Glow.  351 Cleveland V8 2V with cruisomatic auto.  These were made famous for the ATCC and Bathurst race cars known as the GT HO.  I've has this one since 1993 and pics are taken at Cottesloe Beach in Perth.

3 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

No idea, I was just making Thommos pictures work

Thanks Mate, well done.  I couldn't be stuffed firing up the computer late at night.  Hey....you might get a few likes for that post ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thommo said:

Correct !  She's a 1971 XY Falcon Futura in Teal Glow.  351 Cleveland V8 2V with cruisomatic auto.  These were made famous for the ATCC and Bathurst race cars known as the GT HO.  I've has this one since 1993 and pics are taken at Cottesloe Beach in Perth.

Thanks Mate, well done.  I couldn't be stuffed firing up the computer late at night.  Hey....you might get a few likes for that post ;)

Beautiful car in a beautiful location. Could do with a bit of both over here at the moment.

With photo bucket on iPad use the direct link and then insert other media button on this site.

6 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Beautiful car in a beautiful location. Could do with a bit of both over here at the moment.

With photo bucket on iPad use the direct link and then insert other media button on this site.

Cheers Mate and thanks for the tip.  Funny thing is I recently changed my settings to IMG tags only.  I'll reactivate DIRECT links and remember that one for next time. 

11 hours ago, zakspeed said:

First up is my 1963 Anglia Combi van

AngliaKombi%20clear%20plate%20signwritin

Zakspeed...... that is one awesome finger van !

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:48 AM, Darat76 said:

@Wireless I remember watching that car race, is it the real deal, or a mock up tribute?

@Darat76 It's the real deal mate. Raced by Andy Rouse in 1988 win Kaliber colours then Peter Brock in 1989 and 1990 in the Mobil colours you see there.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, Daveyb said:

@Wireless Thats a rather nice collection you have there, the RS500 is one of my all time favourite cars. 

Thanks @Daveyb:)

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:18 AM, Illogical said:

It's on centrelock wheels so I'm guessing it's the actual race car. I nearly bought an RS500 about 12 years ago...I wish I had done with todays prices! I still have a thing about a moonstone 3dr. Maybe one day...

@Illogical Yes chap, it's the actual race car. Had my road car 12 years in March 2017. Still love it as much as the day I bought it but it doesn't go too far these days...

21 hours ago, zakspeed said:

Aye up Roop glad you're still around and still got the Sierra (nice new addition by the way)

Hi Simon. Hope you're well mate...! Yeah still slogging away. Some nice new toys you got there :):):)

• Like 4

@Wireless that is so sweet man, that would have set you back a pretty penny getting that, know there be lots of Brock fans that would've wanted to keep that in Aus, tho that said, most fans didn't like the sierra's. Hope your going to give that thing a good (but careful) blat at some track days :D

If you do, I'd love to see some pics and vids of it running a track again, I can handle it not being bathurst B)

@Thommo that's a sweet looking stocker you have there mate, by the sounds it, shes a nice sleeper cruise mobile :)

Thanks @Darat76 appreciate the comments Mate and yeah she's pretty much only All Ford Day & Chrome Bumper Cruises or take the kids out for a skid... :D

How funny is this.... a thread just opened on my 1:1 forum about RC's this morning so I'm posting RC's on my 1:1 forum and posting 1:1's on my RC forum  :blink:

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/6624-model-cars-and-rc-cars/

Nice, I often miss my 78 falcon, was the wagon, in dark brown, had to many problems for an unemployed bloke to afford to fix (rust, seized drum, blue angel fur on the door skins from the previous owner), so got rid of it (stupidly). Had the gs headlights and instrument cluster, 302, manual, and standard lsd (No not the inner), and it exploded LPG in the cylinders, as it was, it was able to beat some of the "faster" cars in my town back then....

Yea small town, mostly they used 2L jap 4's, or vk's and vl's lol.

Currently I roll a sad looking 98 5L Calais, and have a 86 ga70 that needs a lot of time and money, neither of which I have, needless to say I have no photos, mostly coz they both be in a embarrassing state atm.... 

5 hours ago, Darat76 said:

@Wireless that is so sweet man, that would have set you back a pretty penny getting that, know there be lots of Brock fans that would've wanted to keep that in Aus, tho that said, most fans didn't like the sierra's. Hope your going to give that thing a good (but careful) blat at some track days :D

If you do, I'd love to see some pics and vids of it running a track again, I can handle it not being bathurst B)

Thanks mate. I was scraping every bit of loose change I could find to fund it. Already had offers from Aus to take it back there including to the 30th Anniversary bash next year at Philip Island. I'd love to see it at Bathurst as that's the ultimate race for me. I'm obsessed by the place and can literally recite the commentary from the 87 race word for word...! Would be great but not got the necessary funds to ship it there and back - badword, after buying it I can hardly afford to fill it with fuel at the moment...!!!

It will go out on track for sure. Needs a bit of TLC first. :)

7 minutes ago, Darat76 said:

Nice, I often miss my 78 falcon, was the wagon, in dark brown, had to many problems for an unemployed bloke to afford to fix (rust, seized drum, blue angel fur on the door skins from the previous owner), so got rid of it (stupidly). Had the gs headlights and instrument cluster, 302, manual, and standard lsd (No not the inner), and it exploded LPG in the cylinders, as it was, it was able to beat some of the "faster" cars in my town back then....

Yea small town, mostly they used 2L jap 4's, or vk's and vl's lol.

Currently I roll a sad looking 98 5L Calais, and have a 86 ga70 that needs a lot of time and money, neither of which I have, needless to say I have no photos, mostly coz they both be in a embarrassing state atm.... 

Your killing me !  I had a 78 XC GS wagon in platinum blue with a 302 V8 and C4 auto.  Sold it to a collector and it's breaking my heart thinking about that mad Fatty Ford Wagon !

On 15/12/2016 at 7:17 AM, Thommo said:

Zakspeed...... that is one awesome finger van !

Cheers Thommo, i've been rebuilding it over 8 years, just finsihed it. It's a bit of a sleeper as it's fitted with a 1.8 turbo lump so it's pretty quick !! certainly up on the 39bhp it had when it was first built!!!

• Like 2

Wow look at all the classic iron lately in this thread! Love the angle box (very nice zakspeed!) and the XY coon Thommo, shes beautiful! And who wouldn't want a gen Aussie Sierra race car! Awesome.

Well here is my new toy, just drove a 13hr round trip to pick her up last night...

Gen 97mi ex Cali car and one owner, has the typical Cali sunburn but is a straight rot free unmolested truck... 

2016-12-17%2007.33.29_zpsvlkawe85.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, berman said:

straight rot free unmolested truck... 

So far! 🙄

If she's a LQ9 (or LM7) variety, they love booooooost 😉

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 8:32 PM, zakspeed said:

And next my 1986 Mini Moke

20160904_130411_zpszygojyfc.jpg

I love this Mini Moke!

• Like 1

On 16/12/2016 at 10:18 AM, Wooders28 said:

So far! 🙄

If she's a LQ9 (or LM7) variety, they love booooooost 😉

Nah its a pre GM/LS Chev with the TBI, it's just a cruiser for me the family and this way I still get to have a truck. :D

Plenty of space for the mother in law though!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 1:17 PM, Wireless said:

I've still got my

20161105_092647 (Large).jpg

20161105_092700 (Large).jpg

20161105_094913 (Large).jpg

20161105_094920 (Large).jpg

20161106_175853 (Large).jpg

You had me at "I've still got my" :wub: