clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

After hitting a spill off  diesel on the motorway and doing this to my poor Focus convertible61744863_2356638537927031_8273227281300717568_n.jpg.b851c189070c136694df5632a5883f92.jpg

I got a Focus ST-31629538630_SDC10108(Medium).thumb.JPG.6e7b9edba6ed3cab1782b6267d35f4bf.JPG

Just in time for a heatwave lol

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pumesta said:

After hitting a spill off  diesel on the motorway and doing this to my poor Focus convertible61744863_2356638537927031_8273227281300717568_n.jpg.b851c189070c136694df5632a5883f92.jpg

I got a Focus ST-31629538630_SDC10108(Medium).thumb.JPG.6e7b9edba6ed3cab1782b6267d35f4bf.JPG

Just in time for a heatwave lol

I approve of the ST. 

Will you be resisting the urge to modify? 

If you end up on forums a lot will say to De-res it (remove final silencer) I’d tempted think hard. Whilst yes it does sound better it with out a doubt does increase drone at lower speeds. 

Torque mount makes a huge difference for a small outlay. 

Great cars though. Still have mine after 5yrs. Longest I’ve had the same car. 

1 hour ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

I approve of the ST. 

Will you be resisting the urge to modify? 

If you end up on forums a lot will say to De-res it (remove final silencer) I’d tempted think hard. Whilst yes it does sound better it with out a doubt does increase drone at lower speeds. 

Torque mount makes a huge difference for a small outlay. 

Great cars though. Still have mine after 5yrs. Longest I’ve had the same car. 

I keep saying no it's staying standard, then I find my browsing pumabuild / speeds websites lol .  I was offered a de-restrictor pipe for nothing but politely declined 

9 hours ago, Pumesta said:

I keep saying no it's staying standard, then I find my browsing pumabuild / speeds websites lol .  I was offered a de-restrictor pipe for nothing but politely declined 

Think you made the right choice. I regret doing it tbh. 

You are spoilt for choice for easy gains.

Look up ‘block mod’ if it’s something you haven’t already come across and make you own mind up. I had it done when the belts where done even though beyond the de res the car is performance wise standard. Cost was negligible when having belts done at the same time and for the peace of mind I decided it was worth it. 

Still own this, 13 years after initial purchase:

spacer.png

The Mazdaspeed 3 has been a lot of fun, but it has needed some attention from time to time:

• CD changer in the head unit stopped working.  Replaced with a JVC head unit, later with a Sony to get Bluetooth.
  • Thermostat stuck open pretty early on.  Known issue.  Replaced with an OEM part (revised).
  • EGR valve stuck closed a few years later due to soot buildup.  Known issue.  Took it apart and cleaned it out with carb cleaner.
  • Turbo seals started leaking oil about a year ago.  Light smoking at stop lights.  Tried a band-aid and then rebuilt the turbo with new CHRA a few months ago.
  • Primary wideband O2 sensor completely died; I suspect it was because of the turbo and I just didn't address it soon enough.  Replaced with NTK/NGK parts.
  • Front right strut started leaking oil.  Replaced all the struts and shocks with Bilstein B6s over Christmas break.

Mods:

• Mazdaspeed/AEM cold air intake
  • Cobb turbo inlet pipe
  • StreetUnit rear motor mount
  • TWM shifter bushings
  • Mazdaspeed cat-back exhaust system
  • Goodridge stainless braided brake hoses
  • Hawk HPS brake pads
  • Enkei GTC01 wheels
  • In process:  Bought a salvage in-dash navigation display and converting it into a wireless charger/cradle for my phone

It led a gentle life for about 10 years, but it's been pressed into longer distance daily driver duty and is starting to rack up miles.  Can't decide if I should try to preserve it and sacrifice another car to the daily traffic, or if I should just wring out all the remaining value and send it to the grave in another 5-6 years.  Mazda's CEO recently stated he thought the Mazdaspeed 3 was "childish," so it doesn't feel like they'll make any more of these in the future...

I love mine, and it's awesome for negotiating traffic.  Enough power, good brakes, makes nice sounds, engaging to drive with a 6-speed manual transmission...

The original promo for it:

• Like 2

Last year I didn’t do much to my Porsche as I spent 6 months on travel for work. However I was still buying stuff for it. Over the Christmas break I was able to install a set of 19” Kinesis forged wheels. 

FCDE3FAB-9757-4387-8A86-755B24306E47_zps

I spent the better part of yesterday installing new rotors, pads and a fluid flush. 

217667A9-1D00-4180-95D7-825F5D849195_zps

Drove over the hill to the beach in Santa Cruz to bed the pads and rotors in.

A46D2511-4266-4D09-84FD-92A6B4933A9B_zps

• Like 6

On 2/2/2020 at 3:28 AM, speedy_w_beans said:

Still own this, 13 years after initial purchase:

spacer.png

The Mazdaspeed 3 has been a lot of fun, but it has needed some attention from time to time:

• CD changer in the head unit stopped working.  Replaced with a JVC head unit, later with a Sony to get Bluetooth.
  • Thermostat stuck open pretty early on.  Known issue.  Replaced with an OEM part (revised).
  • EGR valve stuck closed a few years later due to soot buildup.  Known issue.  Took it apart and cleaned it out with carb cleaner.
  • Turbo seals started leaking oil about a year ago.  Light smoking at stop lights.  Tried a band-aid and then rebuilt the turbo with new CHRA a few months ago.
  • Primary wideband O2 sensor completely died; I suspect it was because of the turbo and I just didn't address it soon enough.  Replaced with NTK/NGK parts.
  • Front right strut started leaking oil.  Replaced all the struts and shocks with Bilstein B6s over Christmas break.

Mods:

• Mazdaspeed/AEM cold air intake
  • Cobb turbo inlet pipe
  • StreetUnit rear motor mount
  • TWM shifter bushings
  • Mazdaspeed cat-back exhaust system
  • Goodridge stainless braided brake hoses
  • Hawk HPS brake pads
  • Enkei GTC01 wheels
  • In process:  Bought a salvage in-dash navigation display and converting it into a wireless charger/cradle for my phone

It led a gentle life for about 10 years, but it's been pressed into longer distance daily driver duty and is starting to rack up miles.  Can't decide if I should try to preserve it and sacrifice another car to the daily traffic, or if I should just wring out all the remaining value and send it to the grave in another 5-6 years.  Mazda's CEO recently stated he thought the Mazdaspeed 3 was "childish," so it doesn't feel like they'll make any more of these in the future...

I love mine, and it's awesome for negotiating traffic.  Enough power, good brakes, makes nice sounds, engaging to drive with a 6-speed manual transmission...

The original promo for it:

I always was a fan of this mazda 3 edition.

I am now thinking of buying a Corolla Sport Tourer Hybrid or maybe a Honda Jazz Type S.

sold me long loves Fabia vRS mk1 just a few days ago. Driving on two wheels at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Munkeyfeet said:

Lotus exige cup430 is my big toy. 😁

D623A961-552D-4E8C-87D7-45553030C27A.jpeg

One reason I love Great Britain is, you have such nice cars up there. It is like all the car cults were made in britain.

Would like to be visiting the Goodwood Festival of Speed at least once in my life.

12 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

sold me long loves Fabia vRS mk1 just a few days ago. Driving on two wheels at the moment.

Didn't you do a 1/10 custom shell of that car?  I seem to remember something about this...

7 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Didn't you do a 1/10 custom shell of that car?  I seem to remember something about this...

It was the Colt shell. Kept it as a suvenier on my M05ver2.

ChyWMVh.jpg

• Like 2

I now find myself back in a Fast Ford after buying a mk3.5 Focus ST estate which I absolutely love. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since I crashed my last Piaggio X8 200cm, I own now a Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie, the year is 2015, 19hp it has, compared to the X8 200ccm from 2004 with 12hp, this is a rocket.

Eco and Sport mod. Very good fuel economy.

D395545E-3803-4175-9AF7-A7D599D0A8F5.jpeg

• Like 4

This is my current ride, 1997 Triumph Daytona T595. 955cc fuel injected triple, factory race pipe, factory carbon fibre options.

Since living in the outback it rarely gets ridden. Plenty of open roads, but no corners.

Can only do so many laps of town in 2nd gear before sore back, wrists, backside, and burning legs from hot frame and radiator vents kick in. :lol:

Really I should sell it, but I just can't do it!

IMG_6324.jpg

• Like 5

When the ex wife left I didn’t have anyone to tell me I couldn’t have a motorcycle. My first Post divorce bike was a Suzuki Katana. 

081409092.jpg

I wanted something faster so I bought a CBR1000rr

D410E97E-4E8F-4DC2-8076-5BA6D3541D16_zps

6BC92E17-FEFF-4A52-99FC-66A634D61395_zps

rode this bike several years.  I used it to commute to work which saved on gas and split through traffic like a breeze.  However my girlfriend was scared to ride on it. So I bought a better seat for the Katana that had a back rest and she was way more comfy.  

image_zps359dd529.jpg

The Katana being is only a 600cc just didn’t have the power for both of us. So I bought an inexpensive high mileage ‘03 Yamaha FJR 1300.

5B7C6873-FAAA-48AD-85C6-9444639B2DEE_zps

I loved the bike. Plenty of power, comfy to ride with enough storage for day trips.  It was a solid bike but then I found a smokin deal on a newer ‘14 FJR.   

33B55DB6-5527-4646-9A2A-3F3694F65CD1_zps

Love this bike. Just like my ‘03 but with heated grips, heated seats and electronic cruise control. My girlfriend and I take this lots of places and I use it to commute to work through heavy traffic. 

8B3F6720-E6D3-40DF-BDF1-8ED45D6F5F57_zps

the bike is super versatile as I can take the bags on an off very easily and the rear seat can switch out with another storage container. Still have the Katana and CBR but the FJR gets ridden nearly everyday. 

• Like 6

Going well thanks !  I think the old girl went to @matman in which case he would certainly have her in good care.

Not scared to go bush in the Scoobydoo..... I like it !

1 minute ago, Thommo said:

Going well thanks !  I think the old girl went to @matman in which case he would certainly have her in good care.

Not scared to go bush in the Scoobydoo..... I like it !

hahahahah . oh mate   this  thing gets well used ... especially  in the bush ....

Hay beetlebanger1 , good to see ya on tc .

Yep i still have it , sit's on shelf . 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:47 PM, Shodog said:

I wanted something faster so I bought a CBR1000rr

D410E97E-4E8F-4DC2-8076-5BA6D3541D16_zps

6BC92E17-FEFF-4A52-99FC-66A634D61395_zps

Thats is nice B).        Did you paint it?    As I believe you have a thing for Rothmans.

A friend of mine had a NSR400 2 Stroke in Rothmans' too. That thing took off like a scalded cat!

@Falcon#5, You know you will regret selling the minute it's gone ;)

I tend to get around mostly by bicycle outside of work, but this is my preferred mode of transport for the last 6 years around Central Queensland when I get the time to enjoy :)

• Like 3

On 2/28/2020 at 8:54 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Thats is nice B).        Did you paint it?    As I believe you have a thing for Rothmans.

A friend of mine had a NSR400 2 Stroke in Rothmans' too. That thing took off like a scalded cat  

The whole reason I went with A CBR 1000 is that you could buy this Rothmans painted bodywork from eBay China.  This is 4th set of plastics. I’ve been down on the bike a few times. Once when a busted coolant hose sprayed coolant all over the rear tire. Another from a slippery new tire and last time was gravel from road construction. 

21 hours ago, Shodog said:

The whole reason I went with A CBR 1000 is that you could buy this Rothmans painted bodywork from eBay China.  This is 4th set of plastics. I’ve been down on the bike a few times. Once when a busted coolant hose sprayed coolant all over the rear tire. Another from a slippery new tire and last time was gravel from road construction. 

Wow 😮, hope you’re OK, and the bike still looks good 👍🏻

I came off a KMX 200 at  just 15mph when I was 18. 6 months with my leg in plaster from a fractured knee cap, I’ve still got the metal pin in it now. That’ll teach me for finishing work early 😂 

All that the Bike got was a broken clutch lever.