clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

On 2/29/2020 at 12:54 PM, Re-Bugged said:

@Falcon#5, You know you will regret selling the minute it's gone ;)

Yes, I know I will. That's what happened when I sold my other Triumph.

Had a brand new Daytona 600, last of the 4 cyl before they went to the 675 triple.

Triumph_Daytona_600_2004_02.jpg

(Not my actual bike, but exactly the same)

Young family, bills, no time to ride so I sold it.

Prefer it to my current bike actually.

Will only sell it to buy another bike I think.

Always wanted a Triumph Speed Triple as my next bike, but I am tempted by a KTM Superduke.

...or then there's a Triumph Rocket 3, would probably be more suited to the roads here. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Always wanted a Triumph Speed Triple as my next bike, but I am tempted by a KTM Superduke.

...or then there's a Triumph Rocket 3, would probably be more suited to the roads here. :lol:

Funny you mention a Superduke, I was thinking a super moto type bike would suit a bike fix blast around town 👍🏻

I was considering an Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 before the Tenere, but the short 120k tank range was a deal breaker as other than around town it’s more or less 110ks North, West, and South (East being into the sea) in a straight line to the next fill up!!

At least with  500k range and off road ability the Tenere is perfect for here and lots more destination opportunities. 

I test rode the new Tenere 700 the other day, range is lower at around 350ks, but is a cracker of a bike and is about all I’d chop my 660 in for 👍🏻. The twin motor with the full Akro’s is a gorgeous note, very much like a Ducati.

547A9B38-4670-4504-86A3-331DCD477C81.md.

1FCE5792-B7CF-4692-8BE8-AF28711350AA.md.

8 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Having a bit of work done 😊

2372AD4B-F43C-4536-8CB5-2F7273D97BE9.jpeg

XJ Coupé...???

8 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Got this glassfibre thing also,  this is an old picture as it does need a new roof now

17E86542-AE4B-4319-A8A0-56D1162AAFBD.jpeg

Yesssssss. Liking the wheels...!

I have Her sister...

Cerbera.jpg

10 minutes ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Yep 👍 spot on 🙂

Very nice, sir :)

I missed the boat on a 3 door cossie. I had just bought the xjc then was offered a freshly painted moonstone blue 3 door for 6k about 16 years ago. 🙄 I had run out of garage space!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Been doing the restoration for over 18 months now.  Picture below is from 2013

7EA67884-4CDA-4538-9557-E42E99281F8E.jpeg

very nice. i grew up with jags as my dad had a fare few of them 

1 hour ago, Toolmaker72 said:

I missed the boat on a 3 door cossie. I had just bought the xjc then was offered a freshly painted moonstone blue 3 door for 6k about 16 years ago. 🙄 I had run out of garage space!

Aside from the fact you'd have made good money, you've got to love them to have one really. They aren't all that to drive (well, in RS500 form at least). A bit flexy but they are light and when you give them the power like that of the Gp.A car, thy don't have get a shovel on. My Cerbera is 1120kg and has a trick motor in it giving around 420bhp. The Gp.A Sierra above is 430bhp (it's the original Rouse motor so I'm not running full boost) and 1080kg but feels a lot quicker because of how the power comes on like a light switch. Exciting at any rate...!!!

Sometimes like most things, if you like the look of something you will put up with it’s quirks.  The 3 door cossie is eye catching and although just based on a regular car, the extra parts bolted on creates something special.  👍

The trev was another car I had hankered over, if one was sat at the traffic lights it was wind down the windows to hear it pull away 😊.  The xj coupe wasn’t what I was looking for. An e-type fixed head coupe was what I wanted, just couldn’t find one in a reasonable condition for the money.  My mate at the time mentioned the xjc and build an e-type motor for it so that’s what I plumped for instead.  So the xj ended up with triple carbs, big valve head, injection cams etc bolted to a manual 5 speed jag box. With the restoration I’ve also added a limited slip diff and later outboard disc brake rear axle with Aston Martin db7 front and rear sway bars. The suspension will also be lower via eibach springs front and rear with my own mod on the rear spring platforms to adjust the height a bit more 😉.  It won’t be uber quick but will hopefully be a bit more sporty to drive.

The trev I got lucky as I bought it with a fresh engine re-build via TVR power to taraka spec with the carbon fibre act and triple throttle bodies parts also. I love driving that, scary fast with the roof off. That’s currently laid up in the garage waiting it’s turn for a bit of tlc. 
My daily is now officially a classic car this month being 20 years old. It was my mother’s from new, she gave it to me when she gave up driving. It was 13 years old with just under 9000 miles. Now it’s up to 30k miles at 20 years old. I’m the only person that’s ever serviced it so I know it’s good, but I couldn’t  leave that alone, so I upgraded the brakes with bigger front discs and calipers and sorted out a rear disc conversion as the drums were naff? It’s a little lower, those rs7 16” wheels were sold for better riding 15’s.  I’ve deleted the middle exhaust silencer, cat still fitted with a standard rear silencer.  The peashooter exhaust pipe I removed and welded on a nice outward rolled stainless 3.5” pipe. Quite a natty little fiesta now. 😊

D1B5586E-44F9-457F-857F-2B76091EB9F7.png

On 3/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, Toolmaker72 said:

Sometimes like most things, if you like the look of something you will put up with it’s quirks.  The 3 door cossie is eye catching and although just based on a regular car, the extra parts bolted on creates something special.  👍

The trev was another car I had hankered over, if one was sat at the traffic lights it was wind down the windows to hear it pull away 😊.  The xj coupe wasn’t what I was looking for. An e-type fixed head coupe was what I wanted, just couldn’t find one in a reasonable condition for the money.  My mate at the time mentioned the xjc and build an e-type motor for it so that’s what I plumped for instead.  So the xj ended up with triple carbs, big valve head, injection cams etc bolted to a manual 5 speed jag box. With the restoration I’ve also added a limited slip diff and later outboard disc brake rear axle with Aston Martin db7 front and rear sway bars. The suspension will also be lower via eibach springs front and rear with my own mod on the rear spring platforms to adjust the height a bit more 😉.  It won’t be uber quick but will hopefully be a bit more sporty to drive.

The trev I got lucky as I bought it with a fresh engine re-build via TVR power to taraka spec with the carbon fibre act and triple throttle bodies parts also. I love driving that, scary fast with the roof off. That’s currently laid up in the garage waiting it’s turn for a bit of tlc. 
My daily is now officially a classic car this month being 20 years old. It was my mother’s from new, she gave it to me when she gave up driving. It was 13 years old with just under 9000 miles. Now it’s up to 30k miles at 20 years old. I’m the only person that’s ever serviced it so I know it’s good, but I couldn’t  leave that alone, so I upgraded the brakes with bigger front discs and calipers and sorted out a rear disc conversion as the drums were naff? It’s a little lower, those rs7 16” wheels were sold for better riding 15’s.  I’ve deleted the middle exhaust silencer, cat still fitted with a standard rear silencer.  The peashooter exhaust pipe I removed and welded on a nice outward rolled stainless 3.5” pipe. Quite a natty little fiesta now. 😊

D1B5586E-44F9-457F-857F-2B76091EB9F7.png

Some interesting machines to play with - Great little selection - Well done...! :) 30k in 20 year is peanuts for a Fiesta. It must be very clean...

On 3/18/2020 at 8:20 PM, Wireless said:

For anyone that might like old Fords - Here's my old girl enjoying a quick squirt round Silverstone...

Ex Peter Brock - Grp A - Ford Sierra Cosworth RS2000 Yeah !  Did that one ever race in Australia ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Ex Peter Brock - Grp A - Ford Sierra Cosworth RS2000 Yeah !  Did that one ever race in Australia ?

Close...! RS500. Yes she did. She's one of the 2 genuine Brock cars remaining. My car was driven by Brocky in 1989 and 1990, the second team car was crushed in the 90's to avoid paying tax and the third car is owned by Andrew Miedecke in Port Macquarie.

Prior to going to Aus for the 1989 season, my car was Andy Rouses 1988 Kaliber car.

I'm very fortunate. She is super original and has a wonderful provenance.

A couple of videos of my old girl in action back in the day...:

Soper vs. Rouse at Brands Hatch

Brocky at Oran Park in the 1989 ATCC

• Like 5

Wow !  Thank you for posting and sharing the link to the 1989 season.  I was at Rd 4 at Wanneroo in the wet !  Yes your car is very collectable my friend and even more so because it's one of the only Ford's that Brock ever raced.  That car would have a great amount of admiration Down Under with ATCC fans but the Red Army, (Holden Fans) would despise it !  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Wow !  Thank you for posting and sharing the link to the 1989 season.  I was at Rd 4 at Wanneroo in the wet !  Yes your car is very collectable my friend and even more so because it's one of the only Ford's that Brock ever raced.  That car would have a great amount of admiration Down Under with ATCC fans but the Red Army, (Holden Fans) would despise it !  

Most welcome. Most people don't even remember what she is these days...! Must have been great to see these cars in action back in the day in Australia. Bucket list for me to get to Bathurst one day. You're quite right that she's kind of rare as Brocky was Holden's golden boy (and frankly a hero - let's face it...!). Here's a quirky fact for you - There aren't any Ford badges on my car as Brocky refused to drive her with the blue oval on it. On the grille the Ford badge is removed and is replaced with Letraset style stickers reading BROCK. 

Edit - Here's Wanneroo for you :) 1989 Wanneroo ATCC

• Like 3

Currently driving a 2017 Renault Captur, has most options and luxury enough for me, nothing too fancy but does the job :)
I have always been a fan of the more sporty vehicles, Focus ST, Impreza STi, Lancer EVO etc.
But with the Dutch taxes and gas/insurance prices a decent car like that costs way more than I want to pay monthly for a car, especially combined with the amount of km's I drive on a yearly basis.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, Toolmaker72 said:

Yep 👍 spot on 🙂

Cool car - Didn't Partick McNee [ John Steed ] drive one in The New Avengers ?

1 hour ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Cool car - Didn't Partick McNee [ John Steed ] drive one in The New Avengers ?

Yep, his one though was fitted with a leyland racing broadspeed wide arch body kit.  

I currently have two vehicles. My daily driver is a 2015 Fiat Abarth, and when the weather is bad or when it snows, I drive my 1989 Toyota 4Runner. 

F373D0B7-768F-4CD7-B155-59F2737D1663.jpeg

• Like 1

Not my car, but right up my alley if the lottery numbers come up!!!