clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

On 3/4/2020 at 1:26 PM, Falcon#5 said:

Had a brand new Daytona 600, last of the 4 cyl before they went to the 675 triple.

And I was one of the first to have a 675 way back in 2006. :D  I liked the aggressive rake - skinny and tall :angry:

In the market for another bike. Something more sensible (less *** up head down).  Maybe a naked.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulRC10 said:

And I was one of the first to have a 675 way back in 2006. :D  I liked the aggressive rake - skinny and tall :angry:

In the market for another bike. Something more sensible (less *** up head down).  Maybe a naked.  

I fell in love with the 675 SE when that was released. :wub:

You can't go wrong with a KTM Super Duke from all reports. Think (I'm sure :ph34r:) that will be my next bike.

Comfy to ride, buckets of torque. Haven't ridden one yet, but never read a bad review. My mate has one back home and said it is the most fun bike he has ever ridden (owned other sports bikes and still has his V-Rod)

Been looking online for a S/H model for a while, but just can't justify the purchase right now. Especially with the current situation and ban on non essential travel, seeing I'll have to head 600km west to pick one up.

Will take my T595 to a track day at some point. Need a fix of going fast around corners and chin-on-tank fun. B)

• Like 1

I had been on the lookout for a truck for a while. Was set on a Ford King Ranch truck as I fell in love with the cool leather interior in one at a car show back in 2002. Test drove quite a few trucks. The bigger F250 and F350’s felt like driving a bus.  So I decided to go with the smaller F-150. Most of the used trucks I found were hammered.  Ended up finding this one about 700 miles away in Idaho USA. Flew there and drove it back home to California over a couple of days. 

6C767A79_A858_4EA9_A5B6_139B107598C8_Ful

0F0FD490_B400_419D_9556_B5AF75EFCC26_Ful

1572F4E3_2A55_4A70_8E2E_9030922CD585_IMG

Love the truck. So far I’ve given the interior a deep cleaning and bought a set of all weather mats. Performance drilled and slotted brake rotors should get here Tomorrow for install in a couple weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the truck, in the U.K. the closest thing is a Ford transit powered by a 2.2 turbo diesel 4 pot! 
my daily doesn’t really compare in any form to your truck, a 2004 Ford Focus 1.8 petrol estate. Comfy to drive though and just enough space to ferry my Doberman buddy around 😊

8778065A-9AB2-4E2C-A41F-F18A1C88CA44.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shodog said:

I had been on the lookout for a truck for a while. Was set on a Ford King Ranch truck as I fell in love with the cool leather interior in one at a car show back in 2002. Test drove quite a few trucks. The bigger F250 and F350’s felt like driving a bus.  So I decided to go with the smaller F-150. Most of the used trucks I found were hammered.  Ended up finding this one about 700 miles away in Idaho USA. Flew there and drove it back home to California over a couple of days. 

6C767A79_A858_4EA9_A5B6_139B107598C8_Ful

1572F4E3_2A55_4A70_8E2E_9030922CD585_IMG

Love the truck. So far I’ve given the interior a deep cleaning and bought a set of all weather mats. Performance drilled and slotted brake rotors should get here Tomorrow for install in a couple weeks. 

thats a beaut the interior looks great also

i do follow a chap on u-tube that has i would say is the f-350 as he use's it for his building buisness his channel is called northern seclusion

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Love the truck, in the U.K. the closest thing is a Ford transit powered by a 2.2 turbo diesel 4 pot! 
my daily doesn’t really compare in any form to your truck, a 2004 Ford Focus 1.8 petrol estate. Comfy to drive though and just enough space to ferry my Doberman buddy around 😊

8778065A-9AB2-4E2C-A41F-F18A1C88CA44.jpeg

thats looks great :wub:first look at that and  i thought it was a mondy the bumper threw me 

i have a st170 and had it for over 10 years now love it 

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, Toolmaker72 said:

Having a bit of work done 😊

2372AD4B-F43C-4536-8CB5-2F7273D97BE9.jpeg

Taken a while due to the covid lockdowns but it’s very slowly being repaired. Pictured in recommended primer colour before actual finished colour goes on.

477F27D8-CD8C-44A8-A597-FBCCD3709C56.jpeg

230873DD-3481-4A57-8159-599233962278.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Taken a while due to the covid lockdowns but it’s very slowly being repaired. Pictured in recommended primer colour before actual finished colour goes on.

477F27D8-CD8C-44A8-A597-FBCCD3709C56.jpeg

230873DD-3481-4A57-8159-599233962278.jpeg

i grew up with xj6's and daimlers plus many other jags as my dad had many of them 

• Like 1

Loving the Jag there Toolmaker!

I assume you have seen Harry's Garage with his manual conversion XJ12C?

1 hour ago, skip665 said:

Loving the Jag there Toolmaker!

I assume you have seen Harry's Garage with his manual conversion XJ12C?

Thank you ☺️
if interested I have a whole thread on pistonheads, search the title below

B511E6A0-1347-48BA-95DF-BBB1F43E7885.jpeg

Daily driver is a 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS with the 3.8L Supercharged Buick engine.  Truck is a 96 Dodge Ram with the 5.9L V8, dug this out of a neighbors yard last year and have done a ton of work on it, turned out to be a nice little truck and quite useful.  Weekend toys are an 87 Buick Grand National that I've had since high school and a 2003 Jaguar XJR with the R1 performance package.

IMG_4635.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6932.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

• Like 5

I’m envious of the dodge truck.  Like rocking horse poo in the U.K.  most are long bed or crew cab.  Prices are rising on the U.K.  American stock also.  Nice 2002 f150 lightnings are hitting the £20k mark now.   I’ve got an old Range Rover I was thinking of converting to a truck, but then found out a 2 door version body swap is the way to go as a restomod. 

2 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

I’m envious of the dodge truck.  Like rocking horse poo in the U.K.  most are long bed or crew cab.  Prices are rising on the U.K.  American stock also.  Nice 2002 f150 lightnings are hitting the £20k mark now.   I’ve got an old Range Rover I was thinking of converting to a truck, but then found out a 2 door version body swap is the way to go as a restomod. 

Yea, most pickups sold is the US these days are crew cabs.  The only regular cabs I see anymore are fleet or maintenance trucks.  Of course a crew cab is more useful, but regular cab short beds just look cool.  I don't drive it much but it's an awesome truck.  Had to do a ton of work to it after it was sitting for so long, but it was worth it.  

16 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

87 Buick Grand National that I've had since high school

IMG_0075.JPG

You had a GN at high school?!  Amazing - looks in great condition too.  All stock..?

A new addition to my small collection linked above is this purposeful 205 GTI, bought to compete next year (hopefully..) in local Targa Rallies.

I've been marshalling targas ever since I started competing in the autusolos in my white 205 and always thought it looked like a whole lotta fun, but my white one is way too nice/low for mixed surfaces.  So, this 'previously enjoyed', built for purpose car is much more suitable and I won't be crying if it gets more bumps and bruises.  Which it will..

Here's hoping local motorsport can return to a bit of normality next year..!

50463823162_07abc3e53b_h.jpg

50463824377_b967da5eb9_h.jpg

50462961368_84adf3c525_h.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, barneys66 said:

You had a GN at high school?!  Amazing - looks in great condition too.  All stock..?

Yea, I bought it in the summer of my Junior year.  Needless to say it was raced a lot :)  I did a frame-off restoration about 10 years ago and it's been a garaged weekend driver since.  It was stock when I bought it, but I bracket raced it for a while and at that time and was running an 11.10 dial at it's quickest.  At that point I was running a TE60 turbo, methanol injection, 3200 stall converter with built trans, Hoosier DOT slicks, and supporting fuel/exhaust/tuning mods.  Nowadays it runs a TE44 turbo on methanol injection (around 23 psi) and is just a fun street car.  Will probably never see the strip again, most of the good ones around here have closed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ministrone said:

This is my (large scale) weekend toy.

IMG_E0064.JPG

That color is fantastic, beautiful car.

Here’s my daily, just a simple, basic, low option  Chrysler 200 sedan, though instead of the normal rental spec 2.4l and 4speed auto or the 2.4l and 6speed auto, this has the optional flex fuel 3.6l V-6 and 6speed auto that is otherwise standard in the Ram Promaster (the US spec Ducati), as well as was standard in the ‘11-‘17 Chrysler Town and Country, ‘11-‘20 Dodge Grand Caravan, and optional in the ‘11-‘19 Dodge Journey (don’t know about the Fiat Fremont).......just in a much lighter package:D

001(69).HEIC

On 12/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, koenc said:

My latest toy. Nissan GT-R Track Edition. 

IMG_1861.jpg

That is legit bro. 

• Thanks 1