clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

On 12/10/2020 at 7:12 AM, Toolmaker72 said:

Taken a while due to the covid lockdowns but it’s very slowly being repaired. Pictured in recommended primer colour before actual finished colour goes on.

477F27D8-CD8C-44A8-A597-FBCCD3709C56.jpeg

230873DD-3481-4A57-8159-599233962278.jpeg

Nice!!! 

Is that your workshop?

Got rid of my workshop, got expensive and was also 250miles away, in a differnet country....😳

Taken a while due to the usual stuff, Covid, break ups, marriage ,kids , moving countries etc etc

2021-01-14_10-34-26

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Nice!!! 

Is that your workshop?

Got rid of my workshop, got expensive and was also 250miles away, in a differnet country....😳

Taken a while due to the usual stuff, Covid, break ups, marriage ,kids , moving countries etc etc

2021-01-14_10-34-26

Not my workshop unfortunately, the covid lockdowns are really putting the finishing date back as it was getting ready for paint last year.  I’ve been rebuilding the mechanical parts and have since been made redundant 🙄.  So now I’m trying to fit out my own garage with a workbench and small mill and lathe to finish off what I’ve started 😕

• Like 3

Here's a picture of my current daily driver:

...nothing.

I walk to work, I walk to the gym, I walk to nearby restaurants, and I walk to the beach, so I don't need a car.

• Like 3

On 12/18/2015 at 7:52 AM, studioRS said:

2002 Audi S6 Avant, 340 hp

19566868496_f21e0e9cae.jpg

2006 MINI Cooper S R53 JCW, 210 hp
22618777619_2eea620044.jpg

Update, these are both now ex-studioRS works.

Latest. Some things stay the same, one from Germany, one from the UK.

2012 Audi A4 Avant S line Sport Prestige, all options.

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 390hp 4.2L V8.

IMG_1212.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/10/2020 at 7:12 AM, Toolmaker72 said:

Taken a while due to the covid lockdowns but it’s very slowly being repaired. Pictured in recommended primer colour before actual finished colour goes on.

477F27D8-CD8C-44A8-A597-FBCCD3709C56.jpeg

230873DD-3481-4A57-8159-599233962278.jpeg

Nice to see a fellow coupe owner on the site. Mine is a 1978 factory manual overdrive car with the 4.2 engine. 

J

20210627_114816.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, junkmunki said:

Nice to see a fellow coupe owner on the site. Mine is a 1978 factory manual overdrive car with the 4.2 engine. 

J

20210627_114816.jpg

Mine is a 4.2. Was an auto but now a 5 speed manual.  Lots of other Jaguar mods but won’t bore you.
Currently rebuilding the engine due to a bent valve but it gives the excuse to make that as clean as the body.  Gratuitous picture of freshly painted engine block 😊

06892294-B247-4D75-B8DB-4EA3DFEB92B8.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Mine is a 4.2. Was an auto but now a 5 speed manual.  Lots of other Jaguar mods but won’t bore you.
Currently rebuilding the engine due to a bent valve but it gives the excuse to make that as clean as the body.  Gratuitous picture of freshly painted engine block 😊

06892294-B247-4D75-B8DB-4EA3DFEB92B8.jpeg

My car was 'restored' back in the early 2000s, but there are some improvements i am making.

J

Dont think I ever put my current car up. Anyways, with all the issues I have had with it with emissions on its first MOT after 2 months in the garage it's finally back with me.

I have had the car for 2 years now. It's a 2018 Vauxhall Astra Sri 1.6T 200 VX Line. For what it is it's surprisingly quick and frugal with 200bhp, 236lb/ft of torque. It's good for  0-60mph in 6.6seconds and a 150mph top speed. 1275kg kerb weight and 50-52mpg on a long run is pleasantly surprising. The only give away from a standard Astra VX Line is the twin exhaust pipes that are only on the 1.6T 200, so it's very understated.

As much as I like it I think after all the current issues I may be changing it next year. Currently eyeing up the new Renault Sport Mégane Trophy 300. But just not in the 'hello look at me' yellow colour. 😂

James.

IMG_20211202_031509.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Dont think I ever put my current car up. Anyways, with all the issues I have had with it with emissions on its first MOT after 2 months in the garage it's finally back with me.

I have had the car for 2 years now. It's a 2018 Vauxhall Astra Sri 1.6T 200 VX Line. For what it is it's surprisingly quick and frugal with 200bhp, 236lb/ft of torque. It's good for  0-60mph in 6.6seconds and a 150mph top speed. 1275kg kerb weight and 50-52mpg on a long run is pleasantly surprising. The only give away from a standard Astra VX Line is the twin exhaust pipes that are only on the 1.6T 200, so it's very understated.

As much as I like it I think after all the current issues I may be changing it next year. Currently eyeing up the new Renault Sport Mégane Trophy 300. But just not in the 'hello look at me' yellow colour. 😂

James.

IMG_20211202_031509.jpg

thats a beaut keep the vauxhall its better

Can't believe this thread is still going...! Latest Wireless mobile below...

20210823_115609.jpg

On 11/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, junkmunki said:

My car was 'restored' back in the early 2000s, but there are some improvements i am making.

J

Anything interesting?  🙂

we just traded our Mini R60 Countryman in and left with a '22 F60 JCW Countryman.Old one was just  at 200hp the new one is 305hp so a really nice power upgrade. 

338d0faa61145ede97d5e58763b59856.jpg

• Like 3

@Finnsllc Congrats on your new ride!  305hp sounds great.

On topic of hatches, this is one of my cars..  she pushes around 350hp 0-60 comes around 4.5sec (mine is a MT so not as fast as DSG) running AccessPort.. my guess mid-high 12's quarter mile.

IMG_2022-2-12-161529.png.87fb0d2806fb293422c45ef7500a1a75.png

• Like 2

Nice motor @Finnsllc that is a decent upgrade!

I used to have a Hartge Cooper S. It was insane and so much fun. I miss my Mini! 

I've been vaguely kicking around the idea of selling off my '88 Mustang GT and '86 Corvette for a nice steel bumper ('68-'72) C3 Corvette. On the plus side, its one car I work on a lot in the trade but never owned ('69 is probably my favorite year Corvette) and its one less mouth to feed. Plus if my knee finally blows out completely (yay. old age going to be fun.) I wouldn't mind it being an automatic, whereas a manual is crucial to my enjoyment of the Mustang. 

The downside is my '86 has a ton of family history with me and my late father and I really do like the Mustang a lot (it was the hot car of my youth, although I must build a carport to help preserve it). I'm horribly sentimental. I'm also very leery of frame and birdcage rust in C3 Corvettes.

• Like 1

Think I got my average CO2 emmission under control :rolleyes:

While the Tesla is fast (Long Range), the GT-R is ridiculously fast. (just chiptuned to +/-625 bhp)

gtr tesla.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, koenc said:

Think I got my average CO2 emmission under control :rolleyes:

While the Tesla is fast (Long Range), the GT-R is ridiculously fast. (just chiptuned to +/-625 bhp)

gtr tesla.jpg

It all balances out, right??  :D 

On 3/6/2022 at 5:32 AM, Saito2 said:

I've been vaguely kicking around the idea of selling off my '88 Mustang GT and '86 Corvette for a nice steel bumper ('68-'72) C3 Corvette. On the plus side, its one car I work on a lot in the trade but never owned ('69 is probably my favorite year Corvette) and its one less mouth to feed. Plus if my knee finally blows out completely (yay. old age going to be fun.) I wouldn't mind it being an automatic, whereas a manual is crucial to my enjoyment of the Mustang. 

The downside is my '86 has a ton of family history with me and my late father and I really do like the Mustang a lot (it was the hot car of my youth, although I must build a carport to help preserve it). I'm horribly sentimental. I'm also very leery of frame and birdcage rust in C3 Corvettes.

Older cars are cool.  Especially when there is a long history and sentimental value there's just no comparison or alternative.  

I hear you about not being able to drive MT as you get older.. I injured my left ankle 5-6 years ago and for about a year I could not drive my cars.. my cars were all MT at the time as I am a hardcore MT guy.    I ended up buying a new Mk7 GTI Autobahn at the time with DSG and played with it for 2 years, modding it and all.  I learned to like AT cars, but once my leg healed I went back go my MT roots and got the AWD version (Golf-R)... it wasn't the AT that bothered me so much, it was the FWD on a high powered car like my modded GTI. 

I decided to give AT another try with the B58 GR Supra 2 years ago.   The car is actually entertaining as I can still assist the blip during downshifts for a seamless shift and so on.  And the car has a pretty loud exhaust out of the box which makes it entertaining to drive.  All new cars I buy will be AT from this point forward and will just keep my MT cars as long as I want to.. or until the day my leg gives out again.  :lol:

On 3/6/2022 at 6:32 AM, Saito2 said:

If you get serious about selling the Fox let me know.  Had quite a few over the years but its been a while, will always have a soft spot for them.  A few buddies still have them and just getting in and looking at the gauges brings me back to high school, a lot of memories.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I hear you about not being able to drive MT as you get older.. I injured my left ankle 5-6 years ago and for about a year I could not drive my cars.. my cars were all MT at the time as I am a hardcore MT guy.    I ended up buying a new Mk7 GTI Autobahn at the time with DSG and played with it for 2 years, modding it and all.  I learned to like AT cars, but once my leg healed I went back go my MT roots and got the AWD version (Golf-R)... it wasn't the AT that bothered me so much, it was the FWD on a high powered car like my modded GTI. 

Same here. My Nova I converted to a four speed. I had to hunt down a 5 speed Chevy Sonic for an econobox daily. The Fox Mustang had to be a MT of course. Our MGB is naturally stick. Even our GMC Sonoma ZR2 truck sports a 5 speed. Only my wife's Sonic and late father's 86 Corvette are slushboxes. I've tried other substitutes even having a manual valve body automatic in the Nova at one point, but nothing compares to the MT experience. I guess I'll give it up when everything moves electric or I'm using my cane 100%.

15 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Same here. My Nova I converted to a four speed. I had to hunt down a 5 speed Chevy Sonic for an econobox daily. The Fox Mustang had to be a MT of course. Our MGB is naturally stick. Even our GMC Sonoma ZR2 truck sports a 5 speed. Only my wife's Sonic and late father's 86 Corvette are slushboxes. I've tried other substitutes even having a manual valve body automatic in the Nova at one point, but nothing compares to the MT experience. I guess I'll give it up when everything moves electric or I'm using my cane 100%.

Yeah, I guess part of me is realizing that MT cars are phasing out (ICE as well) and trying to prepare to migrate to electric cars by buying AT.  But I know once I'm boxed in I'm going to get extremely stir crazy.. to the point I may end up just buying cars for its styling and not bother as a "hobby".  

I know the next ICE sports car I buy may well be my last.  Which brings me to my current issue..dillenma.  When I think of 911's and other exotics, I always felt it needs to be parked at a large luxurious looking home.  Like the house and land scaping is part of the display..  My house is not small,  but just an ordinary looking American house in the suburbs built in the early 80's with more a cute cozy look than luxurious.  My neighborhood is not luxurious at all.  Part of the reason why I chose this house and neighborhood was because I'm not much of a house decorator and wouldn't know where to start decorating a luxury home.. I have no interest in hosting parties and social events either as I don't like to be around people. 

Part of me thinks I should get a Cayman GT4 or similar as the final gift to myself considering all the crap I endured through my lame life, but it would look out of place.. :ph34r: