clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

I think he heard you talking guys:

1651909912195.jpg.bb2d172a917e28066250e904dff63b81.jpg

The 3 isn't actually that big inside but it is a great car when you have only one car, two kids and like driving. Or as they once said on Top Gear: "all the car you'll ever need...".

EDIT: That V60 is cool as ****. Great car!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah having had a few people carriers I drew the line, I have always had hot hatches, so kinda had to find a balance. And I find the V60 does that for me. It's not quick at all tbh, but it's so comfy and looks great with the styling pack on it, plus the boot space is ace. My personal favourite is tethering my mobile to the car and using the cars Spotify app, bye bye radio 👍😂

James.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 12:28 PM, Baja500 said:

Picked up this late last year 2016 ford falcon fgx xr8 5.0 supercharged hand built masterpiece. 

eb485406915b1bd206f4db2c40e563a5.3.jpg

I’m a bit late seeing this post, who would’ve thought there’d be 2 of us on TC with one of these beasts, hopefully you still have it, is yours Auto or Manual?

It's not very exciting (they seem to be everywhere now) but I have a 1:1 scale 4wd RC car which I now drive around in:

52683362103_d50d7e3cee_b.jpg

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

It's not very exciting (they seem to be everywhere now) but I have a 1:1 scale 4wd RC car which I now drive around in:

52683362103_d50d7e3cee_b.jpg

I was in the garage the other day where they have a stripped back chassis of one and I was struck with the same thought. Low flat deck chassis (battery, obvs) and front and rear is just a fairly small motor assembly with a drive shaft out of each side. It's quite reminiscent of an RC road chassis. 

Disappointing lack of blue anodised aluminum though. 

I was in there getting mine (same colour, bit bigger) its first service, after >70k miles, still on orig brake pads etc and they don't want to see it again for another 2 years. 🤯

• Haha 1

Oh right; I haven't updated this thread yet.

My new daily driver is a very cool car with a very sad story. It was my dad's car; we lost him to cancer a couple months back. One of those things we knew was coming, but it happened a lot quicker than anyone expected. He always said he was going to give me his car when he had to stop driving, and even though it wasn't in writing anywhere, my siblings said it was OK if I kept it.

img_20230202_164628472.jpg

It's a 2013 Chrysler 300C, and yeah, it's got a Hemi. Not the big one, though; 5.7 liters, 363 horsepower. Automatic, of course; they never offered the 300 with a manual, but I don't think I'd want a manual in something like this anyway. I love driving it, the fuel economy isn't as bad as you'd guess, and it's unbelievably comfortable on the highway. I plan to keep it and take good care of it in my dad's honor.

And I still have my old Chevy truck:

img_20230120_162756363.jpg

And my MGB GT. Both running great, and both four-speed manuals.

img_20210902_140323848_hdr.jpg

I would guess that's my three-car fleet for the next ten years or so, unless something happens to one of them.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad, @markbt73 My condolences. I lost mine in 2000, the hurt gets easier, but it never goes away.

I will post up another of my GMT400 as well. Sold my track hack to get this painted.

MqcZFFR.jpeg

• Like 1

Apart from my SC E46 M3, this is my other toy.  A 2018 S1000RR with 203 hp at the wheel. 

Whiteways-14-08-22-125.jpg

Whiteways-14-08-22-123.jpg

Whiteways-14-08-22-122.jpg

• Like 1

Condolences @markbt73 Sorry to hear that, lost my Dad to cancer a few years ago.

However, gorgeous MGB GT! 

My current is a '02 Bugeye Impreza WRX, second one of these, but had this one for 7 years.  Lightly breathed upon, Brands Hatch is it's second home.  

IMG_20181011_161246_761.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 1:36 AM, markbt73 said:

And my MGB GT. Both running great, and both four-speed manuals.

img_20210902_140323848_hdr.jpg

I would guess that's my three-car fleet for the next ten years or so, unless something happens to one of them.

I'm surprised you have one with chrome bumpers? 

As i understood it MG had to change the design to plastic bumpers for the US market (which was adopted across all markets) and "ruined" the design for everyone!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

As i understood it MG had to change the design to plastic bumpers for the US market (which was adopted across all markets) and "ruined" the design for everyone!

IIRC, they were chrome everywhere to begin with in the sixties.  Then the plastic teardrops (as per the pic) were added in the early seventies.  Full rubber bumpers came in '74ish.

Most of the cars i've had have been company cars, chosen for best on BIK tax: Priuis, Merc C220, BMW 330e.

Currently have one of a Suzuki Vitara small suv for the family, but the best car I had was one of these:

145_cloverleaf_005-L.jpg.9f4b191e78e6b0ab8af49ab7380c7577.jpg

Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf with 2l twinspark engine. Lovely and, for an Alfa, never broke down once in 9 years of ownership. Only electrical fault was a MAF sensor one time.

• Like 1

Big 1:1 car fan here, but old skool.  Has to be naturally aspirated and have a manual gearbox.  Currently enjoying this on both road and track:

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

Most of the cars i've had have been company cars, chosen for best on BIK tax: Priuis, Merc C220, BMW 330e.

Currently have one of a Suzuki Vitara small suv for the family, but the best car I had was one of these:

145_cloverleaf_005-L.jpg.9f4b191e78e6b0ab8af49ab7380c7577.jpg

Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf with 2l twinspark engine. Lovely and, for an Alfa, never broke down once in 9 years of ownership. Only electrical fault was a MAF sensor one time.

Love a 145, very cool! 

Just for fun, this was old '95 Cooper SPI.  I miss this thing like nothing else, biggest regret is selling it.  

LRM_EXPORT_23539879518317_20190208_153456657.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Just for fun, this was old '95 Cooper SPI.  I miss this thing like nothing else, biggest regret is selling it.  

LRM_EXPORT_23539879518317_20190208_153456657.jpeg

Everyone should own a proper Mini at some point in their lives!! 😀

Had a few (still got 2, '81 1275GT and a '69 998), with the last one I sold, being a mini city, but with a built 1293 (large valve head, 286 cam, gearbox rebuilt with centre oil pick up and X pin diff), metro turbo brakes etc etc. The thing was awesome.

I would love (and keep looking for....) a Honda vtec powered clubman, to scratch the high reving speed itch..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

We got chrome bumpers from '62-74. The rubber bumpers came in for the second half of the '74 model year. They also had to raise the ride height 1.5 inches to meet US headlight height rules starting in '75, which ruined the handling, and we lost the twin SU carbs for a single Zenith-Stromberg carb the same year, for smog control reasons, which along with a lower compression ratio, killed all the horsepower.

Mine is a '71, so I don't have any of that nonsense.

Can't believe this thread is still going...! Some great rides here. My trusty Outlander is no more, replaced by this...

20220825_163751.jpg

No pictures at hand, but years ago I had a series of redblock Volvos, good (if tempermental) cars but parts became way too expensive in the US as they dried up.

After that was a Ford CVPI (btw no one makes a CVPI RC for some inexplicable reason), big tanky reliable piece of scrap. Decent cars but I wouldn't ever touch another ex-cop car.

Carrying my tradition of sedans I now drive a Buick. My joys for tinkering are now fulfilled by RCs which are a good bit cheaper and easier to work on.

36 minutes ago, Kowalski86 said:

No pictures at hand, but years ago I had a series of redblock Volvos, good (if tempermental) cars but parts became way too expensive in the US as they dried up.

After that was a Ford CVPI (btw no one makes a CVPI RC for some inexplicable reason), big tanky reliable piece of scrap. Decent cars but I wouldn't ever touch another ex-cop car.

Carrying my tradition of sedans I now drive a Buick. My joys for tinkering are now fulfilled by RCs which are a good bit cheaper and easier to work on.

What kind of Buick?  A bit of a Buick fan myself, currently have an 87 GN, 08 Lacrosse Super, and 16 Regal GS.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

What kind of Buick?  A bit of a Buick fan myself, currently have an 87 GN, 08 Lacrosse Super, and 16 Regal GS.  

Its an 05 Lucerne, I specifically chose one with a column shifter and the well known 3800. Its very "old tech", but sometimes old tech is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Kowalski86 said:

Its an 05 Lucerne, I specifically chose one with a column shifter and the well known 3800. Its very "old tech", but sometimes old tech is a good thing.

Oh yes, the greatest engine ever.  Have had a lot of the supercharged 3800s over the years, a couple have gone over 300k.  Only thing I don't like about the Lacrosse/Lucerne 3800 setup is the drive-by-wire throttle body, makes them feel even more sluggish than they are without the blower.  

5 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Oh yes, the greatest engine ever.  Have had a lot of the supercharged 3800s over the years, a couple have gone over 300k.  Only thing I don't like about the Lacrosse/Lucerne 3800 setup is the drive-by-wire throttle body, makes them feel even more sluggish than they are without the blower.  

After years of redblock Volvos with automatic transmissions Ill take anything with a little more pep to it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kowalski86 said:

After years of redblock Volvos with automatic transmissions Ill take anything with a little more pep to it!

Good point :)  The Lucernes are great cars and you definitely made the right choice with the 3.8 over the 4.6L Northstar, that car should last you a long time. 

1 hour ago, 87lc2 said:

Good point :)  The Lucernes are great cars and you definitely made the right choice with the 3.8 over the 4.6L Northstar, that car should last you a long time. 

Thanks, I hope it does. I like to spend more time maintaining cars than shopping about. Is your 16 Regal a sedan or that station wagon?