clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

On 12/15/2016 at 5:40 PM, Wireless said:

@Illogical Yes chap, it's the actual race car. Had my road car 12 years in March 2017. Still love it as much as the day I bought it but it doesn't go too far these days...

Did you buy the black RS500 in Germany? If so, you're lucky to have it - it's the car I was saving for and was just about to go and buy before it disappeared - I heard it went to Switzerland.

With my money I bought an Evo 5 in Japan, and imported it to Germany...fom there I got involved in the Japanese tuning scene in Germany and one thing led to another and I now run a parts distribution company here in Germany and own the same in Holland. So if you did buy the car I was looking at, I have to say thanks to you for buying it as otherwise I would not be doing what I do today!

• Like 2

This is my daily driver!

2014 KIA Optima SX turbo!

Its loaded to the heels: Heated and cooled leather interior. Navigation system. Full glass roof with dual moon roofs. Paddle shifters. 276 HP 2.0 turbo engine. Glove box even has a air conditioner controller so you can put drinks in and keep cool. Infinity sound system! This thing is just amazing in performance and comfort. BMW's of its class can not hang!

Optima Turbo - 00.jpg

Optima Turbo - 02.jpg

Optima Turbo - 03.jpg

Optima Turbo - 04.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Illogical said:

Did you buy the black RS500 in Germany? If so, you're lucky to have it - it's the car I was saving for and was just about to go and buy before it disappeared - I heard it went to Switzerland.

With my money I bought an Evo 5 in Japan, and imported it to Germany...fom there I got involved in the Japanese tuning scene in Germany and one thing led to another and I now run a parts distribution company here in Germany and own the same in Holland. So if you did buy the car I was looking at, I have to say thanks to you for buying it as otherwise I would not be doing what I do today!

No chap, I bought it in the UK back in 2005. At the point of me bringing it back from Switzerland to the UK in 2013, it was still the only genuine RS500 to have ever been homologated and given a Swiss grey card (like the UK log book / V5) so the only RS500 on Swiss registration plates. I did speak to a garage owner that claimed he also has an RS500 but when I looked at it, it was in fact a regular RS Cosworth with a few RS500 parts on it (and it was also left hand drive from new....!). As far as I know there are no other RS500s in Switzerland yet (or at least not homologated for road use) as a resident of Switzerland it is impossible to import one and make it road legal. Would be interested to know if there is another though as the RSOC / FRST club there would love to see it...!

Sounds to me like not getting the RS500 was a good turn of fate for you and has turned into a fun business that came from a hobby which is always nice...!!!

8 hours ago, Wireless said:

I did speak to a garage owner that claimed he also has an RS500 but when I looked at it, it was in fact a regular RS Cosworth with a few RS500 parts on it (and it was also left hand drive from new....!). As far as I know there are no other RS500s in Switzerland yet (or at least not homologated for road use) as a resident of Switzerland it is impossible to import one and make it road legal. Would be interested to know if there is another though as the RSOC / FRST club there would love to see it...!

Hi Wireless,

this is strange, very strange ...

I was offered by a friend a few months back an original RS500 from Switserland!

It was used as a pacecar in 1986. It comes with a letter of intend form Ford Tjechie claiming it is the only original RS500 in Left Hand Drive. The asking price is approx half of the real value. I didn't really trust this and did not buy the car seen all RS500's were RHD. The car is still for sale.

included a few pics.

What do you think?

grts

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5732.JPG

IMG_5733.JPG

IMG_5734.JPG

IMG_5735.JPG

IMG_5736.JPG

• Like 2

That sounds suspect. As far as I know all RS500s were produced in 1987 (not 1986) and should have a chassis number starting with WFOEXXGBBEGG then the next five digits a number between 38600 and 39099.

A letter like that would be incredibly easy to fake too.

If there was a single LHD car it would probably be worth more than the RHD examples, not less!

This site might be worth looking at : http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/calcs/vin_decoder.htm

The VIN code WFOEXXGBBEGU89506 breaks down as

Manufacturer Identifier: Ford Werke A.G. (Germany)
Body type: 3 Door Hatchback
Line: Ford Germany (Own Assembly)
Assembly Plant: Genk (Belgium)
Model: Mondeo/Cougar/Sierra/Cortina/Taunus
Year: 1986 (some codes are used for more than one year)
Month: June
Production Sequence: 79506

Important to check the VIN number stamped into the floor near the drivers seat matches the VIN on the plate under the bonnet.

Other info on the VIN plate should reveal details engine type, transmission type, left or right hand drive, axle ratio, trim colour, paint colour

No VIN on the floor would most likely indicate the car had been re-shelled.

Mk1 Sierras where made upto the end of 1986 when the facelifted Mk2 was launched.

Ford did however make a limited number of Mk1 Sierra 3-door shells after 1986 - usually these can be identified by the plate under the bonnet on the opposite side to the VIN plate - a giveaway is a long number which starts 909XXXX. Done a bit of digging on t'internet and opinion seems to be that they were made around 1989.

9093550 rhd sunroof
9093552 rhd non-sunroof (motorsport)
9093553 lhd sunroof
9093551 lhd non-sunroof (motorsport)

Also on this ID plate will be a serial number - 3 digits I think.

These shells were basically Mk2 with Mk1 outer panels - there are some minor differences which give the game away such as the bulkhead and the hole for the fusebox which is for a Mk2 style fusebox.   

Came across a lot of info when I rebuilt my XR4i

• Like 2

Definitely dodgy for many reasons, many already given above:

1. RS500s were all produced in RHD. No exceptions. One car was converted to LHD but this is a known car in the club and the photo you show isn't it.

2. All RS500s were 'built' in 1987 (including prototypes).

3. Chassis number range is between 38600 to 39099. Anything else isn't an RS500.

The car you show in the picture has a ton of things wrong with it. LHD, wrong wheels, wrong decals and looks like wrong lower boot spoiler as well. I am 100% sure it's not a genuine RS500. The key thing here is what defines genuine. Many people believe that if you take an RS Cosworth and add all RS500 parts then you have an RS500, but you don't. What you have is a replica. It might be better engineered than the real thing but it is nonetheless a replica.

RS Cosworth value is approximately 40%-50% of the RS500 assuming like-for-like attributes (condition, mileage etc.) so the price is probably about right if it's half the expected cost.

Hope this helps...!

Rup

1 hour ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

This site might be worth looking at : http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/calcs/vin_decoder.htm

The VIN code WFOEXXGBBEGU89506 breaks down as

Manufacturer Identifier: Ford Werke A.G. (Germany)
Body type: 3 Door Hatchback
Line: Ford Germany (Own Assembly)
Assembly Plant: Genk (Belgium)
Model: Mondeo/Cougar/Sierra/Cortina/Taunus
Year: 1986 (some codes are used for more than one year)
Month: June
Production Sequence: 79506

Important to check the VIN number stamped into the floor near the drivers seat matches the VIN on the plate under the bonnet.

Other info on the VIN plate should reveal details engine type, transmission type, left or right hand drive, axle ratio, trim colour, paint colour

No VIN on the floor would most likely indicate the car had been re-shelled.

Mk1 Sierras where made upto the end of 1986 when the facelifted Mk2 was launched.

Ford did however make a limited number of Mk1 Sierra 3-door shells after 1986 - usually these can be identified by the plate under the bonnet on the opposite side to the VIN plate - a giveaway is a long number which starts 909XXXX. Done a bit of digging on t'internet and opinion seems to be that they were made around 1989.

9093550 rhd sunroof
9093552 rhd non-sunroof (motorsport)
9093553 lhd sunroof
9093551 lhd non-sunroof (motorsport)

Also on this ID plate will be a serial number - 3 digits I think.

These shells were basically Mk2 with Mk1 outer panels - there are some minor differences which give the game away such as the bulkhead and the hole for the fusebox which is for a Mk2 style fusebox.   

Came across a lot of info when I rebuilt my XR4i

'909' parts are Ford motorsport parts.  The Racing Puma is full of 909 parts

Only Ford Motorsports dealers can get hold of 909 parts - that includes my company :)

Our UK branch races in the Puma Cup UK too:

_134_ford_puma_dolan_paul_gb__1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for your help guys.

This confirms my feelings. Did some research myself and quickly found out the same things as you do.

As said. I opted for: "when in doubt, simply walk away" :-)

cheers!

Handed in my man card and got a Honda Odyssey Absolute lol. Flicked off the missus's Swift and My Euro Accord...

20170108_101557_zpssv4lzsn8.jpg

Also gave the truck a polish up, can't wait to paint it, but want to sell my track hack first...

P1040857_zpsvh9bxlzm.jpg

4 hours ago, Black Van Dan. said:

My Daily..

IMG_2670.JPG

My summer toy. 

IMG_2793.PNG

I'd lose the audi diesel and use the R32 as a daily, lovely cars, you only live once :D

This is my X5 diesel family bus.

IMG_20161015_232507.jpg

5 hours ago, Black Van Dan. said:

Nah I'm quite happy running around in my £300 A6 allroad 👍🏻

Wow, i bet you are at  £300 :lol: Bargain of the century!

• Like 1

Here's my beaut lol

2002 Fiesta Zetec S.

Purchased this in 2003 and still going strong, just hit 84k, straight through the MOT yesterday.

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%2010_zpsjyyl

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%201_zps98s3t

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%202_zpsefo9w

• Like 4

On 15/01/2017 at 7:28 PM, christam said:

Here's my beaut lol

2002 Fiesta Zetec S.

Purchased this in 2003 and still going strong, just hit 84k, straight through the MOT yesterday.

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%2010_zpsjyyl

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%201_zps98s3t

Standard%20With%20Tints.jpg%202_zpsefo9w

My Mk5 Fiesta was the best car i ever owned

fiesta.jpg

engineSmall.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pumesta said:

My Mk5 Fiesta was the best car i ever owned

fiesta.jpg

engineSmall.jpg

Looks stunning! Puma engine?  Popular transplant for the MK5.  And what show was that, Went to a few myself over the years with ZSOC, Ford Fair, FITP and Trax. Some of the best times I had :D 

9 hours ago, christam said:

Looks stunning! Puma engine?  Popular transplant for the MK5.  And what show was that, Went to a few myself over the years with ZSOC, Ford Fair, FITP and Trax. Some of the best times I had :D 

Yes it had a Puma conversion, I got it done by Pumabuild way back in 2005.  I was a member on ZSOC, but mainly posted UKFN. That picture was just a local show over here in Northern Ireland. I have been to FITP many, many times

Picked up this late last year 2016 ford falcon fgx xr8 5.0 supercharged hand built masterpiece. 

eb485406915b1bd206f4db2c40e563a5.3.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/25/2017 at 8:09 PM, M 800STD said:

Here she is on stock suspension, now back on coiloversWP_20131231_001_zpsc3d938ac.jpg

WP_20131231_003_zpsaebb3cf1.jpg

Always wanted an E46 M3 but never ended up buying one, prices are going one way now...

What kit is that?

Taking advice from 'VIZ' there @M 800STD ? 

Don't waste your money on private reg plates, just simply change your name to your reg? 🤔😄

2 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Taking advice from 'VIZ' there @M 800STD ? 

Don't waste your money on private reg plates, just simply change your name to your reg? 🤔😄

I remember that, from years ago in Viz.  What really spooked me was the example reg number they used (Mr. KVL701P), which was on my Dad's old car... :o

• Like 2