clarkey

What cars do you all drive?

I was going to buy a one of the last RGV250 Lucky Strikes, investment purpose, but knew I would of ridden it.

If I did, she would be sitting in my house.

• Like 1

Here are my rides---  2003 Focus SVT 5-door I bought in February 2015 (currently at 83,000 miles the pics are from the time I bought it) This is my second SVT Focus, my first one I bought brand new and I had it from 2003-20015.

1964 Mercury Comet Cyclone (restored from 2009 thru 2013) and the car has been completely gone thru top to bottom. I've owned this car 23 years now!

2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 as my daily runner for most of the spring and summer commutes to work, although lately the Comet has been quite popular to drive to work.

s.collins

SVT-steve.jpg

comet.JPG

XR1200.JPG

• Like 5

I think I've posted some of my motorbikes on here before somewhere.  I like Japanese grey-imports, particularly 2-strokes (hence the username).  Oddball stuff that people don't know about or at least have never seen.  'Gag bikes' fit that bill, and I have 4 (actually 2 of 'em belong to my wife).  They're half-size versions of more mainstream models, fully road-legal and faster than you'd think.  Hilarious, especially if there's a few of you all out on them together.

I dragged them all out of the shed at the weekend to prep them for a show.

2017c.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/4/2017 at 0:33 PM, StrokerBoy said:

in one word: Fantastic!

2017c.jpg

I took 3 of 'em to the Endurance Legends weekend at Donington.  I took the Suzuki out for 4 (flat-out) parade laps, the Yamaha won 3rd Best 80's bike, and multiple World Champion Freddie Spencer spotted the Honda and jumped on board.  I've had worse weekends.

DS_donington50.jpg

DS_donington52.jpg

DS_donington55.jpg

• Like 3

New daily driver, to replace the worn-out Miata I just recently sold. 2002 Saturn SC1. 5 speed manual, good strong AC, and in great shape for having 150,000 miles on it. Not as cool as the Miata, but a whole lot more comfortable. Just a nice little car I don't have to think about much, which is what I wanted. Gotta focus my car-guy energy on that yellow MG you see poking out of the garage.

34052432364_5cabb0dc01_c.jpg

On 5/25/2017 at 9:43 PM, markbt73 said:

that yellow MG you see poking out of the garage.

Got any more pics of that yellow MG?

17 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Got any more pics of that yellow MG?

It has its own thread, actually...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markbt73 said:

It has its own thread, actually...

Thanks. 

Edit: Ha! I was already following that thread. Even commented in it. Didn't realize it was you in this thread when I asked.

So, I thought I would buy myself a toy, 954 RR-3

Mine.jpg

Not my first choice in colour, but still can't wait.

• Like 2

This is my new toy,  nothing compared to some of the cars in this thread.....but fun 

s3_zpsvicttpse.png

Still driving a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3...  Original owner, 10 years old, 60k miles on it.  It was a daily driver for the first few years, then a junkier car took the DD responsibilities and it became a weekend / good weather car.  Then last year my job moved 30 miles away, and it became my daily again.  Now I'm just trying to get the full use/value out of it.

Mods include cold air intake, turbo inlet pipe, cat back exhaust, rear motor mount, solid shifter bushings, braided stainless brake lines, new radio head unit, and Enkei GTC01 wheels.  It's a hoot to drive, and there aren't too many of them in this area.

IMG_2718.JPG

• Like 2

I'm looking to replace my Fabia vRS with an E90 BMW 335d as we've not long had a 2nd baby and the Skoda is just a bit small.

A decent family car. I'm looking at one that's 360bhp :lol::lol: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

A decent family car. I'm looking at one that's 360bhp :lol::lol: 

You'll need it for all the weight you need to cram into the boot!! 😂

So we've added another ship to the fleet: a 1980 Chevy C-20 Silverado "Camper Special."

36739384626_cc0e97def3_c.jpg

Big burly monster (8600lb GVW), to do double-duty as a truck (for runs to the hardware store/lumber yard/dump) and an RV (with either a camper in the bed or a trailer hooked up behind, whichever we find). 350, Turbo 400 automatic, and factory AC. Got it for really cheap, with a blown head gasket. That's fixed now, but I still have some work to do before it's roadworthy.

And it occurs to me, I need to get a Clod body so I can build a "mini-me" of it. :)

• Like 2

New to me bike...

large.59d0d4f52621c_RF0A2189(Large).JPG.

large.59d1098003330_RF0A2192(Large).JPG.

large.59d10ad34b3d8_RF0A2182(Large).JPG.

I love these. Saw it for the first time in a mag back in ‘91/92 ish. This one is a last of the line ‘93 registered which came with the larger discs and Goldline Brembos. One of only 6 left in the UK according to ‘how many left?’ Website.

• Like 5

Changed both cars in July. A Citroen C1  1,2 for the wife, which we had 2 weeks after, and a Honda CRV, which we will receive within the nex 2 weeks. 

Mazda RX8 for me with the ol' w a n k e l rotary certainly different and quirky but luv it!

• Like 1

My MX-5 is no more due to somewhat unfortunate circumstances .  I've finally found my proper upgrade:

nY5pAgN.jpg

And yes, it's a manual !! 

• Like 6

For work and a company vehicle. Ford Ranger Wildtrac in V rare Manual.

But my own set of wheels is a trike. Rewaco RF1 ST1600 with a Ford Zetec 1600 mid mounted engine......man can this boogie!!

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-29 at 14.39.09.jpeg

blue trike.jpg

blue trike on paddy day 16 run.jpg

• Like 3