Sign in to follow this  
jocktheglide

anyone try the new RC4wd 3 speed tranny?

Well, its metal, handmade and more expensive, that is enough reasons for many RC4WD fans to make them feel its better [;)] like people who think that "good ol' 70s steel" cars were more safe and blue anodized alu suspension arms give better handling...

Cheers 

[:D]

Well, its metal, handmade and more expensive, that is enough reasons for many RC4WD fans to make them feel its better [;)] like people who think that "good ol' 70s steel" cars were more safe and blue anodized alu suspension arms give better handling...

Cheers 

theo,

I think I have some loose nuts becuase I dont know what you said [:D] im assuming its all in the mind then?  I might be stupid to buy it after I sell my PS3 LOL.....along with the axle kit they have.

Theo I do enjoy your posts. [Y] You often print what I think.[:^)]

The trans looks neat for custom builds, a little heavy but

for a scaler not really a problem. It would be nice to have the option

to have a lower output shaft available that went through both sides so

that one could utilize full 4WD and have both driveshafts at a low

point. A custom build is possible now with this trans and their axles,

however you'll be at $798.00 and the project will just be starting.

Thats about the price you could pick up a Bruiser on Ebay. Either way I

like having options and thats what this trans gives us.[:D]

Mike

Tastes are different and subjective, I just said that most alu hop ups don't necessarily improve performance, but if you like their looks and have the extra cash, why not? [:D]

Cheers 

Its not a hop up is it? There are no performance claims as such. Im not sure the the placebo comments appy at all. Its not supposed to make trucks go faster. Although the different ratio's will make a difference.

To me, It looks like a good, if not expensive, unit for a custom build. The thing I dont get about the ally gearbox is how you mount it. I cant see any mounting places at all.

It makes me wonder why tamiya dont release the F350 gearbox as a separate set. I cant believe it would cost anywhere close to the $399 asked for the ally one.

It's great that someone is making all these custom parts.  However, for my money I'll buy a high lift tranny any day of the week.  It is lighter, parts are available, functions well, and has mounting points.  If I couldn't fit the taller Highlift gearbox in my ride, I'd go for an original Bruiser tranny next.  Same with the axles they are offering.  For half the price you can buy Bruiser/Mounty axles that have a more scale look.  With that said,  their hardened axles and pinions may be well worth the dough though, as the diecast originals left a lot to be desired.

Keith

Its not a hop up is it? There are no performance claims as such. Im not sure the the placebo comments appy at all. Its not supposed to make trucks go faster. Although the different ratio's will make a difference.

good point about that......maybe forgo the tranny box and buy the axle kit. 

To me, It looks like a good, if not expensive, unit for a custom build. The thing I dont get about the ally gearbox is how you mount it. I cant see any mounting places at all.

It makes me wonder why tamiya dont release the F350 gearbox as a separate set. I cant believe it would cost anywhere close to the $399 asked for the ally one.

I think hop up means improvement over the standard part which depends on the part that is replacing, it could make the RC go faster or make it lighter or make it stronger or any of the combination, in this case better gearing ratio / more torque for scale running in rough.

I like the F350 to have more metal parts which put it closer to the original 3spd series even the RC4WD tranny doesn't look

I think hop up means improvement over the standard part which depends on the part that is replacing, it could make the RC go faster or make it lighter or make it stronger or any of the combination, in this case better gearing ratio / more torque for scale running in rough.

I like the F350 to have more metal parts which put it closer to the original 3spd series even the RC4WD tranny doesn't look

quite

quite like the old tranny but I would guess is a better design to match current technology and expectation.

(I have not idea why my post was posted several times.)

Guest joelvardy

Tamiya 1/10

you stuttering a bit.. granville get a br broo brm  a bush (sorry some light harted humor)

ah, ah, ah, ah no only an echo echo in my computer.  No I am writing my post at the bottom of the Canadain Rocky Mountains that explain the echo. [:)] (no put down intended for any stutters, else please accept my apologies)