adam1973

Norwich bash/meet up.......? Off Road bash.

I know its been a while, but I should be home the end of the month. Hopefully someone will be up for a bash. :) Well guess I will see when I get back, I do know josh will be in vegas by then, adam will you still be around? hopefully, think I saw some new people interested too.

Dave

Good to hear from you Dave, I should be ok for a bash as and when you get back. Hope all goes ok for you while your "away", see you soon.

Hey guys - I live in Wymondham and am back into my Tamiyas - have a VLB and a Mud Blaster - well up for some off roading if you wouldnt mind me tagging along?!

Just out of interest - how many batteries do you guys take? Do you also take cigar lighter chargers? I only have 2x 2300mah batteries at the moment...

I am available as often as Mrs Skip will let me out! Hopefully meet soon!

Skip

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come. I normally bring 2 to 3 batteries, and a set of extras for the Tx. I can bring more if you would like to borrow some, what style connection do you use Tamiya, Deans, powerpole, etc? I however wont be available for a few more weeks, but will let everyone know as soon as I am back in town, will have to do some work related stuff for about 3 day then get 2 weeks off.. :lol: can't wait. Hope to see you all soon and possibly entice somemore people to come out.

Dave

I have standard Tamiya connectors on my cars....

I like the sound of going into Thetford Forest too - there must be some excellent places to use them!

It's great fun up there, check the map and photo's for location.

Skip665, I'm not sure if I'm going to able for a bash this w/e, will know nearer the time if you fancied meeting up.

I have just been tearing around farmers concrete pads and deserted sections of industrial estates - which tend to be very flat and a touch on the dull side... :lol:

Might go for a wander to Thetford to see what its like - I will post up the day before when I know I am going...

Hi Skip665 and anybody else that might be interested.

There is a great offroad track at Rackheath in Norfolk which is run by Norfolk Buggy Club. The club was mainly for nitro cars but a 1/10 electric off road track was built at the beginning of this year and we've not looked back. Anybody with a 1/10 electric buggy is more than welcome to come down and see what we're upto and have a go round. The club website is www.norfolkbuggyclub.co.uk.

The club is now ( I believe ) pretty much all electric with the track recently updated and the possibility of another ( dirt ) track being constructed. If your bored with just bashing around come and race with us, with whatever you have. :blink:

I'll be there this Sunday morning from about 9 ish.

Sorry to have Hi-jacked your thread , we're always looking for people to join in the fun. :unsure:

Cheers

Chris Albert

Hi Skip665 and anybody else that might be interested.

There is a great offroad track at Rackheath in Norfolk which is run by Norfolk Buggy Club. The club was mainly for nitro cars but a 1/10 electric off road track was built at the beginning of this year and we've not looked back. Anybody with a 1/10 electric buggy is more than welcome to come down and see what we're upto and have a go round. The club website is www.norfolkbuggyclub.co.uk.

The club is now ( I believe ) pretty much all electric with the track recently updated and the possibility of another ( dirt ) track being constructed. If your bored with just bashing around come and race with us, with whatever you have. :blink:

I'll be there this Sunday morning from about 9 ish.

Sorry to have Hi-jacked your thread , we're always looking for people to join in the fun. :unsure:

Cheers

Chris Albert

Hi Chris,

I dont think any of my vintage Tamiyas will be up to the standards of your stuff!! - I would hate to get laughed at! lol Checked out your website and the closest thing I have to your spec is a vintage Tamiya Falcon which is 2WD and a "buggy" - maybe I will pile the best bits of what I have into it and come and say hello sometime!

I dont think any of my vintage Tamiyas will be up to the standards of your stuff!! - I would hate to get laughed at! lol Checked out your website and the closest thing I have to your spec is a vintage Tamiya Falcon which is 2WD and a "buggy" - maybe I will pile the best bits of what I have into it and come and say hello sometime!

Yes by all means come and see us. I only started racing this year with a Desert Gator and yes , I did end up getting an RC10B4 to keep up. I've still got the gator so let me know if you do and I'll take it along. The club is in the process of changing over to electric only as interest in the nitro side has declined and we are looking to bring in more people into a more relaxed Sunday morning of racing. As it stands at the moment the nitro track might be a laugh for your trucks, its quite an "extreme" track. :blink:

All this applies to anybody that wants to come down and see us and throw their cars round a track. :)

Chris

Hi, just an update for anyone who reading/posting on this thread; I'm up for a bash @ Brandon forest either day this weekend, my High-lift is up and running ok.

Here's a pic I took of the entrance to carpark coming from Brandon;

DSCF1709-1.jpg

I hopefully will take my camera if there is a meet up.

As to racing, it's not for me, but I might come over and watch some time.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I am up for a meet this weekend - can only do afternoons I am afraid but I am definitely available both days...

What time/day were you thinking? Sunday early afternoon would probably suit me best...

Skip

Hi Adam,

I am up for a meet this weekend - can only do afternoons I am afraid but I am definitely available both days...

What time/day were you thinking? Sunday early afternoon would probably suit me best...

Skip

I'm easy, just state your most conveniant time.

You asked about batteries, I normally take 3x 3000 batteries, good for about 2 hours of scale driving.

Adam

I have two 2300 and one 1200 - but I can probably borrow two 2300 batteries to give me a good 1:30 of running time...

Should do :blink:

Skip

Well I finally made it back into town. Would be able to bash this Sunday if anyone is interested. LMK Dave

Glad to see you back ok Dave!!! I'm ok for a Sunday bash, will chat later IM.

Adam

There is a chance I could be about on Sunday - will check and find out :)

Adam,

Have left you a voicemail on 1571 - I can only do an early morning run I am afraid - wont be able to check back here until very very late tonight so ring me on my mobile if you can - I have left the number on your voicemail

Craig

Went for a reccy to Ringland Hills last night - it looks like a farily suitable place for some off roading - and its very close to Longwater Sainsburys so is good for those of us close to Norwich. Also its easily within reach of one tank of fuel for those that might think of distance that way :D If I get a chance this weekend I may pop down there - its ideal for me to visit after work but I am away for the next two days so I cant :)

What do you think??

DSC00193Medium.jpg

DSC00192Medium.jpg

DSC00191Medium.jpg

DSC00190Medium.jpg

DSC00189Medium.jpg

DSC00188Medium.jpg

DSC00187Medium.jpg

DSC00186Medium.jpg

DSC00185Medium.jpg

DSC00184Medium.jpg

DSC00183Medium.jpg

DSC00182Medium.jpg

DSC00181Medium.jpg

DSC00180Medium.jpg

DSC00179Medium.jpg

DSC00178Medium.jpg

DSC00175Medium.jpg

DSC00174Medium.jpg

DSC00177Medium.jpg

DSC00176Medium.jpg

Im free tomorrow morning Adam - I was thinking of an early one to Ringland - fancy joining me?

I am planning to go to Ringland Hills (Norwich) tomorrow morning early - anyone want to join me?! :P

is that a nova or an astra in the first pic?

That pic should be in the guess the car thread!!! :mellow:

Pretty sure its the remains of a Nova - it was burnt out there long before I used to go mountain biking there - and that was 10 years ago!

Hello all,

Skip that place you found looks promising, I am able to go either day this weekend, email or IM me if there is any interest.

Dave