Sign in to follow this  
robster959

Kyosho 1/9 Lamborghini Countach?

Hey all,

Sorry no pic, but has anyone heard of a 1/9 scale 2wd electric with a Lamborghini Countach body?

Thanks alot,

ROb

Yup! Scale Series. The chassis is common (as most Kyoshos are) but the bodies are very hard to find. Have a look in my showroom and traderoom for an example. I have the Lambo Countach chassis and a full set of rims. I got another body and made a project of turning it into a Kyosho Ferarri F40 (same line of cars) but I have run out of time so it is for sale.

If you need Lambo rims let me know!

It wasn't 1/9th scale, it was 1/10th scale. Then again it is old school 1/10th scale which is buggy size rather than the modern smaller touring car size.

The Countach was based on the Ultima chassis, along with the Porsche 911, Testarossa and Nissan 300ZX. A bit ugly though. Kyosho made a Diablo that looked much better but was based on a unique chassis that was only shared with the XJ220 and was a longer wheelbase. If you really want a shell you can still get them on special order from Kyosho. Unfortunately there aren't any rear wheels left for them.

K.OR121 BODY SHELL - COUNTACH £21.76

K.OR71 BODY ACCESSORIES - COUNTACH £8.78

K.OR72 JANTES COUNTACH CHROMEES 2WD (2) £7.68

post-20-1168144860.jpg

Thanks,

The body looks like what I saw, but the chassis is completly different.  This was sort of flat, really simple layout, kind of like from the Toyota Toms/porsche era.  Maybe they switched bodies.  It sure seemed pretty big.

Rob

Sounds like the Kyosho shell was mounted on a pan car chassis then. Easy to do as they are the same size.

Yup! Scale Series. The chassis is common (as most Kyoshos are) but the bodies are very hard to find. Have a look in my showroom and traderoom for an example. I have the Lambo Countach chassis and a full set of rims. I got another body and made a project of turning it into a Kyosho Ferarri F40 (same line of cars) but I have run out of time so it is for sale.

If you need Lambo rims let me know!

YHPM :)

I used to have the 300zx version.  Actually I still have the

chassis...but that car was pretty much a beater when I was a kid and

the body has long since disintegrated and been thrown out.

Does anyone else have the 300zx?

I've seen the 300ZX on a Scale Series manual; if you're looking for a body contact Time Tunnel, if you're looking to sell the chassis contact me. [:)]

Hi Guys,

Do you know where I could find some info on the this Scale series?  I'd like to take a look and see how it compares to the car I was looking at.

Thanks,

Rob

What kind of info? I know a bit. If you want pictures, I have the SS Ferrari F40 and now an SS Porsche 911 in my showroom.

The picture above shows the chassis of the scale series, as the shell isn't mounted on that then more help on the Scale Series won't help identify the chassis.

From your description of the chassis above the chassis is a Pro 10 chassis. Pro 10 is a pan car class which is the same size as the Super Scale cars, mainly made by American companies such as Associated, Parma, and Bolink. It should look similar to this Associated.

post-20-1169400900.jpg

Just browsing and was stunned to see that Countach bodies are still available.....I don't suppose I would be so lucky for body, accessories and decals for a 911 Flatnose?  Who to ask??

The scale series was based on the Ultima Chassis.  There were a couple of differences:

• Aluminun shock mounts on the front caster block.  The shocks did not mount on the arm like the traditional cars.
  • Rear body mount
  • Front body mount (one on the car, and one on the body)
  • Wider front tires / wheels

There was a countach body on ebay recently, but I didn't bid on it because the seller did not respond on the shipping costs.

Roger

Can you post a picture?  The scale series used the Kelron chassis from the ultima 2.  It's possible that a previous owner "upgraded" the chassis to aluminum.

Roger

Sorry if I gave bad info...but every Kyosho catalog I own (and their RCCA ads) shows the 911turbo flatnose wit hthe other scale series cars.  I built 3 (f40, testarossa & countach) of them when they first came out and assumed that all of the cars used the Kelron chassis.

I don't remember which car came ount first, but it doesn't surprise me that Kyosho would relese a car with a different chassis than chassis.

Roger

This one's been bugging me for some time now.  I was pretty sure that the 911 came with a Kelron (plastic) chassis vs. and aluminum chassis.  What bothered me the most was the fact that I couldn't find my copy of RCCA (Radio Controlled Car Action) to verify my suspicions.  Well, I finally found the issue (March 1991) and the car reviewed in the article did have a Kelron chassis.  This wasn't an upgrade / downgrade, it's what came with the kit.

RCCA received all of their Kyosho kits from Great Planes (US distributor of Kyosho products).  Is it possible that the 911 had multiple releases / versions depending on the region?...one for North America and another for Japan, UK, etc.? 

Regards,

Roger

It is possible that the Japan kits came with a different chassis. I have a new 911 that has a metal chassis. I also have the body for the Ferrari F40, and it came on a metal chassis I believe (ask TC wonder). But I also have a Lamborghini (Countach or Diablo?) that has the Kelron chassis.

Mine is original, unmolested, never run and has an aluminium chassis...and is resident in England.

I just posted some Kyosho LP500 decals for sale, but i dont know what they are for but it sounds like they might be for the LP500 you are talking about. Heres a picture.