netsmithUK

The Tamiyaclub Community Model - A Very Special Racing Buggy.

Hey Chris, is that still the ratty old gearbox I sent? Looks fantastic!!!!!!!! either way. Pleiku is a master of the art indeed .

Phil,it took days to get that gearbox ready to plate....lol...glad it was yours...regards jerry Thanks for the comp..

How about tamiya colors red and blue? that will steer away from standard box art and will draw your attention to it but not look overly flashy. for tc logo you could go with a round sticker that would cover the headlights like the kc etc stickers do and/or you could do tc logo etc on the drives helmet some how. just a few thoughts; the chassis etc looks AWESOME!

With reference to the TC side of it, why not get the car stood on a mirror, and have 'presented by TC in commemoration of 30 years etc. etc.' etched into it?

Either that, or a mentally polished bit of alu and some tidy engraving?

(not volunteering to do either, cos I don't know the peeps no more, but have done similar things in the past)

The stand sound like a good plan,

Did not participate in the car up until now, but would not mind making a alloy display for it.

Don't know the time span of the presentation, but in rougly a month or so i should also be able to do a cnc-engraving on it.

maybe, with all the names from who contrubeted? something like that?

But see this as a "bonus" option, as the machine is not here actually [:S]

Stefan

Hi all,

Just thought I would upload a picture of one of the tyres as I have just started to do the lettering. Taken a few days to get going as I didn't want to ruin them. It's not often you get gold plated wheels through the post[:D]

Anyway hopefully the picture below will show the rear one that I have started. I will be doing both sides.

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img4_18042002223303_3_350.jpg

Thanks Adam

Hi all,

Just thought I would upload a picture of one of the tyres as I have just started to do the lettering. Taken a few days to get going as I didn't want to ruin them. It's not often you get gold plated wheels through the post[:D]

Anyway hopefully the picture below will show the rear one that I have started. I will be doing both sides.

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img4_18042002223303_3_350.jpg

Thanks Adam

Looks great Adam...I believe that some one mentioned that one of the paddles is on backwards..In my haste to finish the car I may have done just that...Could you check and reverse if necessary....Thanks Jerry

Hi,

Yes one is on the wrong way round. I will reverse it before painting.

Adam

Thats the most outstanding example of an SRB i have ever seen.

Simply Awsome !!

I'd be very surprised if there is a better example out there at all.

Who wouldn't be proud of owning that !

Brucie.

Awesome; best place for it Chris and those that contributed.

Very good PR for the club to Tamiya, look forward to the presentation and display at Tamiya HQ pics; what else can I say except it deserves to be at Tamiya HQ on show to all that visit and I would hope in their worldwide adverts would not that be great for them and Tamiya Club!

Wow and double wow! that is absolutely stunning, a fitting tribute to Tamiya.

Total respect to all involved with the creation of this.

Thanks for the pleasure of viewing it.[Y][H]

Update

- We've been 'discussed' at Tamiya and they are happy to accept the model from us

- They would have prefered this in May to coincide with their big fair, but I can't make that in terms of funds, school holidays or getting the model finished.

- So the date for hand over is now sometime between 10th and 30th of august. Hopefully fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Chris

Can't wait to see the report![<:o)]

Btw, what subject will be the body?

Is it a TC gift or is it because of the 30th anniversary of Tamiya-RC?

Grtz Dee.

Update

- We've been 'discussed' at Tamiya and they are happy to accept the model from us

- So the date for hand over is now sometime between 10th and 30th of august. Hopefully fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Chris

Outstanding Job [Y] !

[<:o)] - [^] - & [pi] !

Thats great news Chris. Look forward to hearing about it and seeing some pics once everything is done and dusted.

Chris

i don't think many newcomers actually know what the TC community car is all about so i just figured i'd bring this thread back to show everyone what a great job you guys all did.

props to anyone and everyone who pitched in

George