Jak Rizzo

Re Re Frog dogbone problem

G'day guys,

Is anyone else having any dramas with the dogbone driveshafts on their Re Re Frog popping out? Mine has got to the point where it's spitting one out. I've just been mucking around with limiting the rear suspension droop to keep the dogbone in, I just put a cable tie around the rear shocks with them slightly compressed. Took it for a quick blat in the backyard & the problem is solved. But, has anyone else got a better solution? can I use a longer dogbone from another model? I've been down to my local hobby store to try & order this http://cgi.ebay.com/53908-TAMIYA-1-10-THE-...7QQcmdZViewItem but being down under they looked at me like I was nuts. Fingers crossed.

Do any of the Aussie members know where I could get this from on this huge island of ours?

regards

Jak

I also found the dog bone set up pretty crappy.  I would be doing good lap times, only to have the car DNF with the problem.  I actually drilled the suspension arms to make them the same as the originals, and put a spring and nut arrangement in to keep the trailing arms close to the gearbox.  This, and an 0-ring to restrict droop seems to have made the thing a race finisher.  BTW, someone mentioned that the car was "bouncey" compared to a modern vehicle (which it is), but if you soften the rear end off using aftermarket shock/springs they come up to scratch pretty easily.  Also, modern tires are a huge advantage.  I'll update my showroom, so you can see what I've done, and this thing is competitive with the modern cars (in 540 class, not anything hotter).

Thanks for the reply.

If u could email jakriz@iprimus.com.au me the pics of what u have done to make the frog handle better that would be great. I was just thinking of putting Tamiya Hop Up DF-03 shocks on my frog & doing away with the inboard spring system on the front as well.

regards

Jak

An old Hot Trick hop up was some wires that went from the gear case and looped around the rear arms which prevented them flexing and loosing your dogbone. 

I'd like to resurrect this thread as I'm having the same problem. I've been running my re-re Frog on a proper dirt track and dealing with the deficiencies one-by-one as they come up.

The links in this thread are outdated and no longer come up. Is there any new or relocated info?

I am spitting the dogbones out all the time now. It's getting worse every time I take it out, and now it seems like any botched landing will chuck a bone. It's gotten beyond annoying.

I've seen a few references to U-joint hop-ups, but can't find anything. Tips?

Thanks!

I built mine with the optional cvd set and had no problem when i raced it at a local meet.

I never liked the dog bone arrangement in the first place.

I got them from Tower Hobbies.