rhenbelz

Kyosho 1/9 Pajero questions

Hi, I've got a few questions about my GP Pajero.

1. It seems to have hubcaps, there are no visible wheel nuts, simply a cap. I've seen the wheels put on an XC so it must be a standard fitting. Do the caps come off somehow?

2. Did the car come with bearings? Odd question I know, but I can't figure it out! I haven't been able to get it disassembled enough to find out. Everything feels very smooth but I just don't know. If I could get the wheels off (see #1[:)]) then I could find out, but no luck so far.

3. What kind of oil does the CCVT transmission require? If I do run the car, will the belts wear out soon and if so where can I get more?

4. Where could I find a copy of the manual, or does anyone have one they would scan for me? I would be willing to trade for an original or a good printed copy.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Here is a link to the car in question:

Hi there, did you ever find any spare belts for your Pajero? I have just come across this website and am opening up an account with them. All you need to do is measure the pitch of the teeth, count the number of teeth and measure the length and width of the belt.

Complete listing: http://www.misumi-europe.com/eucatalogue/p...E_1277-1278.pdf

There is a sort-of universal numbering system printed on the belt which should tally with your measurements.

Once my account has been approved then I will be happy to make an order.

Mud.

I know it is an old topic but I have some info about the car.

The caps can be removed by a sharp tool ,just try to get it between the cap and the wheel and it pops out.Beneath you will see the nuts.

For the CCVT it had it is own oil,I think a silicone based suspension oil might work,but not very sure.I wouldnt mess alot with the CCVT cause it is very sensitive and if you brake something impossible to find parts.

It didnt came with BBs so you should tear it down and install them.

I had tons of parts a year ago,NIBs which i sold most of them on ebay.If you dont have the replacement parts try not to use the car harshly,be carefull in the turns,a full speed turn will make it roll over.

The arm on the ccvt which controls the transmission has a tendency to break,so be carefull

If you need a manual i might still have mine somewhere.

Hi,

Do you still have the manual?

I just acquired a GP chassis and I'd like to at least restore it and a manual would be rather helpful. Please let me know if you still have it

Thanks,

Holson

I know it is an old topic but I have some info about the car.

The caps can be removed by a sharp tool ,just try to get it between the cap and the wheel and it pops out.Beneath you will see the nuts.

For the CCVT it had it is own oil,I think a silicone based suspension oil might work,but not very sure.I wouldnt mess alot with the CCVT cause it is very sensitive and if you brake something impossible to find parts.

It didnt came with BBs so you should tear it down and install them.

I had tons of parts a year ago,NIBs which i sold most of them on ebay.If you dont have the replacement parts try not to use the car harshly,be carefull in the turns,a full speed turn will make it roll over.

The arm on the ccvt which controls the transmission has a tendency to break,so be carefull

If you need a manual i might still have mine somewhere.

The original belts are S3M192 and S3M225 - I did a quick search and found the specs:

S3M192 - CCVT to Center Diff - 3mm Pitch, 192mm pitch length, 6mm Wide, 64T

S3M225 - Clutch bell to CCVT - 3mm Pitch, 225mm pitch length, 6mm wide, 75T

I got the 75T belt from sdp-si.com - not sure where to find the other one though. But I still have the other one.

Hi there, did you ever find any spare belts for your Pajero? I have just come across this website and am opening up an account with them. All you need to do is measure the pitch of the teeth, count the number of teeth and measure the length and width of the belt.

Complete listing: http://www.misumi-europe.com/eucatalogue/p...E_1277-1278.pdf

There is a sort-of universal numbering system printed on the belt which should tally with your measurements.

Once my account has been approved then I will be happy to make an order.

Mud.

Does anybody have a picture of the GP - Gas Powered sports version?

How is it different to the CCVT version?

I'm thinking of converting mine to the sports version...