Sign in to follow this  
SJoerD

Where to get the Mini Cooper M-03 RTR body (unpainted)?

As the title said: Where to get the Mini Cooper M-03 RTR body in UNpainted form? It's the same as the old M-01 body as far as I can tell. Yes, I know the painted ones are our there and look pretty good, but I really want an unpainted one to match my real car! [:)]

I may be wrong but I dont think you can get thoose bodys clear. As I understood it they are vacume formed out of pre painted/Printed lexan.

Like I said I may be wrong but I have been searching for a while now and cant find bumpered mini body any where.

Tupers.

The M03 Classic Mini bodyshell is subtley different than the M01. The obvious change is the integral grille rather than the screw-on chrome effect grille and bumpers. The other thing is the shape of the wheel arches; they are bigger and you need to fit the 60D tyres to fill them out rather than the lower profile radials.

Tamiya M03 type is good if you have a Sportspack or 13" wheels:

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img6733_29102006085348_1_350.jpg

Tamiya M01 type is good for smaller wheel/tyre combo (look where the arch comes up to on the rear quarter; its lower):

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img6733_07012006120128_1_350.jpg

If you have a front spoiler, a good alternative is the HPI (which has the big arches similar to the M03 style, but also has a bumper to spray):

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img6733_26112006214213_7_350.jpg

Thanks for the illustrated explanation. Even though I already knew exactly what I wanted, only couldn't find it on eBay... [;)]

My mini looks exactly like the M-01 box art. But the M-03 RTR's have the 55D tires again, and a body exactly like the M-01 (minus paint). I wondered if this body was also avaliable in clear... I would fit it to my M-03 mini and fit the 55D tires. The green one would also be an option, but I want clear windows and green metallic, just like the real deal.

My car looks a lot like this:

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img220_29122006210436_1.jpg