Sign in to follow this  
MikeG8

King Hauler wheels/tyres

Does anyone know of any slightly more aggressive looking tyres for the King Hauler than the almost smooth ones with the kit?  I'm sure I've seen the odd pic or two around the net, but never a supplier?  I looked at the Pajero type, but I think they're too tall and too wide.  Also, anyone know of a wider tyre/wheel eg. for the trailer, so I can change from typical US (twin wheel) to UK/Europe (single wheel) type?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Mike

Dino - they're exactly what I'm after!  They're either from Carson or Robbe: I'm trying to hunt them down at the moment.  Thanks.

Mike

Ant, they are the ones.  Now, where did you get them from?  I just contacted Robbe in Germany and they directed me to Carson/Tamiya.  I've tried a few Carson dealers here but not had any luck yet.

Mike

[H] Hello mate, yeah I thought that you might like them! [H] Try http://www.der-getriebedoktor.de/shop2 [:P] His tyres seem to have a thread very similar to mud terrain scale patterns like the Tamiya Pajero etc. His name is Kai, he can supply 10 tyres for 90 euro, I think. He also does a 6x6 conversion using a ballraced rear axle converted to fit the front and steer, drive provided by removing 3rd gear [:^)] I personnaly will remove 3rd gear to provide drive, as regarding scale or offroad speed this is too fast anyway, but don't worry, he also can supply a conversion kit which retains the 3rd speed and 6x6 drive if you want! [:D] I have all the item nunbers and prices if you need them..... somewhere [^o)], As I am waiting for delivery of a new King Hauler and bearings TODAY! [G][<:o)] I aim to purchase the remaining kit I need to complete whole conversion next month. Tagged cells will be next, so I can fix the nicads in pairs inbetween the chassis rails, I might even fit some in and behind the Hauler fuel tanks... All this is will be married up to a nip/tuck conversion into a M35A2.... Happy trails dino[&]

Just thought i would say that kai from http://www.der-getriebedoktor.de/shop2 is very good as i have just bought an extended shaft to allow my king hauler to be 6wheel drive and the shaft is very good quailty and he charges good prices.

By the way dino i cannot wait to see your 6x6 project!!

Marcus

Ant, thanks very much.  Looks like a good shop.  Can't stop now...off to do some browsing!

Mike

Hi Guys, the Hauler came today! [:D] Need to sort out radio, nicads etc etc. Hi Marcus, many thanks for turning me on to Kai, I can't wait to start! Going to order the necessary next month. 2 or 3 speeds? [^o)] I never go much above scale speeds, but changing gear 3 times does seem interesting to say the least! [H] Going to mould the nose and cab to look M35A2, not all purists would agree this as acceptable behaviour but I am nuts about military vehicles! [:P]

[H] Hi Marcus, tried to send you an email but failed, how far have you got with the conversion? Dino[&]

Hi Dino,

I have just bought some parts for the chassis but i still need a front tlt axle, king hauler shell and a rear bed off of a unimog. I will get some pictures of the chassis when these parts come and the chassis and rear dual wheels are built up.

The drawings of your truck look very good but mine will just be a simple conversion as i am just going to get rid of the rear cab part and paint it a dark olive drab with US style decals (the white stars).

My email address is marcus.naylor@hotmail.co.uk if you have any problems with emailing just let me know through tc.

Thanks

Marcus

[H] Hi Mike, have you seen Kai's axles? I think he has a narrow version, so you can use single wider wheels at the rear or the front in fact. I was considering using hummer wheels and tyres myself but in the end I decided to use the Hauler wheels and Fulda Crossforce tyres, which seem very scale copies of the real thing. email him first as he has an excellent collection of conversion equipment like that. Marcus, nip/tuck conversion into a M35A2 will be a lot of fun! Will be starting soon. He is also sending me a Team Orbital motor, low reving with loads of Torque! [:P] Claims for this motor seem high. [6]  Cheers dino[&]

To All  Thanks for the advice.  I'd thank you individually, but now I've got here, I can't remember who you all are (senior moment, I think!).  I have been in touch with Kai, the 'Gearbox Doctor'.  Nice guy, very helpful.  When I looked at his site (see posts above) he didn't list the wide tyres for the wide wheels, but apparently he will do so shortly as he has had many requests.  You could do far worse than deal with this guy: prompt and helpful and his stuff looks to be high quality.

Thanks again

Mike