Sign in to follow this  
akemag

Tested a new Nikko r/c the other day...

It was one of the common ones, price about 100$. They have alot of models in this range. A friends son had one and i asked if i could try it. It had a 6v Nimh. Anyway, i was a bit dissapointed that there was no propotional steering, and the throttle was just on or off. It was no fun at all when steering is just max at whatever direction you steer, and full throttle at once when starting. They have alot of cars with very nice shells, and i could get one if it werent for this. So it´s a bit sad.

I now know that Nikko made quite alot of  very nice r/c cars a while ago. I hope they can get "back on track" again.

Their recent designs are rather lame, but at least they are still of better quality than the rest of the stuff you see in stores today. I was not aware that they had any $100 ones though, most seem fairly inexpensive.

Nikko still sells the ProClass cars on their own and through Radio Shack, the 1/10 7.2v ones are an old design but quite good. Digital proportional, good speed/accel from the fan cooled RS-540SF, upgradeable motor and tires, standard hexes, ability to fit ball bearings, and very efficient electronics. I love mine.

Interestning about the ProClass series. I´ll check them out if i can find them here in Sweden. Thanks for the info.

The ProClass are sold in Europe as the Nikko Evolution series.  They were very widely available in the UK and France until very recently, not sure about Sweden though?

They're sold as Evolution here also, but it's mainly describing their 1/10 and 1/14 cars under the ProClass (Premium) lineup. The F1 cars are ProClass but I don't think they're called Evolution models.

The 1:10 F1 cars are also badged Evolution in the UK, as are most of the real-looking vehicles, the key is that the Evo range usually have proportional steering.

I have a Evolution series in a batterd evo body as I had a nasty habit of jumping it. Now it has no suspension and its little sprint motor is slower than it used to be. I dont think im a very good driver