Sign in to follow this  
europro975

**Nuremburg Toy Fair 2007 New Releases**

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=53957

RC Multi-Function Control Unit - Pick-Up Truck (MFC-02)

Released in 2006, the 1/10 R/C 4x4 Pick-Up Truck Ford F-350 High-Lift has been exceptionally well-received by fans around the world. With the release of this new Multi-Function Unit, Tamiya kicks up the realism another notch with light, sound, and vibration effects all controllable via a 4-channel transmitter (sold separately) to make the F-350 even more impressive.

LIGHT EFFECTS
10 types of high-brightness LEDs (including optional LEDs) for a total of up to 33 lights can be controlled to depict various realistic light actions while driving. They can also light up in pre-set patterns during Demo Mode for a brilliant shelf display.

Headlight 1 Headlight 2 High Beam
Fog Lamp 1 Fog Lamp 2 Fog Lamp 3
Fog Lamp 4 Fog Lamp 5 Auxiliary Lights (Front)
Auxiliary Lights (Rear) Turn Signal (Front Right) Turn Signal (Front Left)
Turn Signal (Rear Right) Turn Signal (Rear Left) Reverse Lamp
Brake Lamp Flash Lamp

53957_unit.jpg

SOUND EFFECTS
Onboard speaker unit can emit a total of 24 different sound effects (including optional sounds) that were all digitally recorded from actual vehicles, including the operating sounds for both a big imposing V8 engine and a spunky small-displacement turbo engine.

Engine Starting 1 Idling 1 Running 1
Engine Stop 1 Up-shifting 1 Down-shifting 1
Horn 1 Engine Starting 2 Idling 2
Running 2 Engine Stop 2 Up-shifting 2
Down-shifting 2 Horn 2 Gear Changing
Turn Signal Timer 1 Timer 2
Timer 3 Alarm

SPECIAL OPERATIONS
Up to 16 different actions can be controlled via a 4-channel transmitter (sold separately) to give the sense of driving a real pick-up truck.

Steering Control Throttle Control Horn Operation
High Beam Operation Gear Shifting Operation Turn Signal Operation
Hazard Lamp Operation Headlight Operation Brake Operation
Engine Start/Stop Operation

MORE FEATURES
  • Vibration Function Unit recreates rumble movements in conjunction with engine sounds.
  • ESC enables realistic low-speed running.
  • Speaker Unit not only emits the sound effects mentioned above, it also has an input terminal to allow connection with outside audio sources such as MP3 and CD players for music playback.
  • 3 convenient modes of operation: R/C mode with Multi-Function effects off, R/C mode with Multi-Function effects on (4 varieties), and Demo Mode for static display with light and sound effects only (4 varieties).
  • Detailed and user-friendly set-up guide and tutorials to assist users with proper operation of all the MFC-02 features (please see the next page for some preliminary sample diagrams).

SAMPLE OPERATIONS

High Beam Operation
high_beams.jpg
Move the control stick partially forward and keep it in the area indicated by the box to activate high beams.

Switching Between Reverse Functions
switch_reverse.jpg
Slide 4ch trim lever completely to the left and move the control stick as shown to switch between the two reverse function types described below.

1) Normal Reverse: Truck realistically slows while braking, fully stops,

then goes into reverse.

2) Direct Reverse: Truck instantly goes into reverse without stopping

completely.

Turn Signals On/Off
signals_on-off.jpg
Move control stick in the indicated motion once to enable turn signals. To disable the turn signals, repeat the motion.

Turn Signal use
turn_signals.jpg
When turn signals are enabled, move the control stick left or right to the areas indicated by the box to flash the left side or right side turn signals. Turn signals can be operated both while driving or when stationary.

SEPARATELY REQUIRED ITEMS
  • 4-channel self-neutral stick-type transmitter equipped with slide trim and self-neutral feature for optimum performance. (Futaba Attack 4WD recommended)
    Tamiya recommends the Futaba Attack 4WD (T4VWD/FP-R114H) because it has a self- neutral feature. Other 4-channel transmitters made by Futaba, JR Propo, and Acoms can be used with the MFC-02, but operations may not be as smooth as they may lack the self-neutral feature and connectors may not be compatible. As for transmitters from other makers, while it may be possible to use them, please note that there may be instances where they may not be able to operate all of the MFC-02?s functions.
  • 4-channel receiver.
  • 2 servos.

SPECIAL NOTES
  • Do not use together with ITEM# 53909 TLU-01 or ITEM# 53937 TLU-02.
  • MFC-02 is compatible with the Type 540 motor only. Please avoid installing other motors.
  • MFC-02 cannot be operated with 2-channel or 3-channel transmitters/receivers.
  • MFC-02 is not compatible with PCM type receivers, multi-channel receivers, and older
  • receivers made by Sanwa (identifiable by their black cases).

Here's what you High-Lift owners have all been waiting for [:D]

Goody - a new Mini (M03R) with lotsa of twinckly things. [:D]

A nice Tamiya factory alterative to Tech Racing's current sparkly offerings.

Garry - Thanks for posting the piccy. I was confused whether it meant M03R(ear wheel drive) which would effectively be a M04, but that's certainly a front wheel drive M-chassis.

I think that the "R" means race.

Garry - Thanks for posting the piccy. I was confused whether it meant M03R(ear wheel drive) which would effectively be a M04, but that's certainly a front wheel drive M-chassis.

Correct

It could also mean Rabiedmushroom[;)]  - perfect for you Suzy!

Im assuming here that the show is not as excited as it was last year....I remember at all my forums I visted there were huge threads on tamiya and other RC makers...this year its eh nothing it seems....

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Tamiya releasing an "Avante MkII" on the DF-03 chassis.  That is pretty darn cool.  I guess now there probably won't be a re- release of the original.

It could also mean Rabiedmushroom[;)]  - perfect for you Suzy!

OK, so I like the explaination that M03R really means M03Rabiedmushroom, so obviously that means only I can buy it!!! [;)]

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Tamiya releasing an "Avante MkII" on the DF-03 chassis.  That is pretty darn cool.  I guess now there probably won't be a re- release of the original.

Huh? Where?! Which one? *pants excitedly* 

Is that Avante MkII not a mini RC car? Its listed as a mini RC car anyway. 

Still a bit disappointed that Nuremberg has turned out to be a bit of non event. I was expecting a lot more news and excitement here on the forums.  

The picture says 1/10th RC. That's not a Mini-RC is it.

Although it's not as nice as the old ones and I see it still hasn't got a driver. 

Right - anorak on time. As I am building a Beams Integra for a friend, I believe good old Tamiya have been caught cost cutting [;)]

The BMW 320 looks to be using the same wheels as the Beams Honda Integra but are silver instead of gold.

Anorak off.

I think thats because the BBS-style rims that will come with it weren't ready for the show.

Andy Priaulx's version should be easy to do. Slight decal changed and Union Jack stripes.

[:)]

Good to see tamiya putting back some detail with there lights in the shells.

Just hope a return to cockpit sets for all over dam window masks and we will be there [:D]

cheers Ryck