Sign in to follow this  
Jorisschulte

Different Decals Super Hornet on www.tamiyausa.com

Hello all,

I just purchased a NIB Super Hornet just for the fun of it. (and I like the looks of the model)

I noticed on the Tamiya America website (www.tamiyausa.com) (searched for itemnumber 58124) that the decals on the hornet in the picture are different from the usually seen examples in ebay or showrooms here.

Can anyone explain this?

Are these non-boxart-conform-decals available somewhere (they look nice)

The site offers Super Hornet spare-part decals but I am not sure if these are the ones I mentioned.

I am very curious for your answers in this matter.

Kind regards,

Joris

Guest DImblum

I just checked tamiyausa and was equally surprised. I have never seen those decals on a Super Hornet before. They have always inluded the flame style decals which I have never been fond of. The ones on tamiyausa look like a derivative of the original Hornet decals (actually much better!).

If I could get that decal set for the Super Hornet then I would probably buy one to build. I wish I could post the photo on this forum, but I don't want to get in trouble with TamiyaUSA.

Dan 

Thanks for yor reply, Dan.

I would like to have them too.

If you learn anything more about this matter. Let me know.

I will do the same.

Regards,

Joris

****This is what was emailed to me today:

Dear Tamiya Customer,

More than likely this is a picture of a proto-type Super Hornet, these

stickers are similar to the regular Hornet, as seen here:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58336

Unfortunately there is no sticker sheet for the Super Hornet seen here:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58124

Tamiya America

Customer Service

*****Maybe it is possible to replicate the pattern a bit by using the Hornet-decals on the Super Hornet body. I think I'll try that, if I can find a reasonably priced Hornet decalsheet.

Bye,

Joris Schulte

Guest DImblum

I just e-mailed TamiyaUSA this morning and am expecting the same reply. It looks like they did borrow several decals from the original Hornet sheet with the exception of the number "5" and the striping. I bet the number "5" could be had easily from many of the 3rd party decal sheets you can find in the hobby shops. The striping will likely need to be done by hand (maybe generic decal striping) since the body types between the original Hornet and Super Hornet are so different.

I think it would be pretty cool to duplicate. I might pick-up a Super Hornet and give it a shot [:D

Sign in to follow this