Sign in to follow this  
brisbaneracer

is there a TA02 alloy motor mount?

hey everyone, i have had problems with a TA02 because the screws had been overtightend in the self tapping motor mound, whcih led to the pinion being missalligned. does anybody know of a TA02 alloy motor mount?

Matey, the TA01/TA02/Manta Ray series does indeed have an alloy motor mount. Tamiya made one, and GPM made one as well... the GPM one is a lot cheaper, but they both appear in online shops and on the Bay...

Alex

As Alex says - one difference though is that the GPM ones don't have the pinion tooth numbers marked on them and there are also two variants of them with different numbers of holes. You're looking to pay about a tenner for the GPM mounts and probably double that for the Tamiya...

thanks guys, Another question though, I need a new spur gear aswell, it says Manta Ray on it, but i am unsure of the part number. I found a spare gear set 52108 but it comes with all the alloy stuff, can you buy the TA02 spur gear on its own?

Spur Gear:  what you need is the 4wd Touring & Rally Car Plastic Gear Set part #50529

Motor Mount: the original Tamiya one (#53142) is a superior product IMO, and your most likely source is jr-rc.

thanks allot Peejay!! and everyone else, ... tamiyaclub is the best

im doing up a Blazing Star and im thinking of getting a pickup truck body for it , work out some way to mount it. i cant wait cheers.

I purchased the #53142 motor mount on ebay used.  It was in a used TA-02 lot of parts.  Only paid about $14 which is around £7.  Since the motor mounts are pretty durable, purchasing a used one is a good idea if you can't find a new one.

Got yourself a bargain there. I'm always keeping a lookout in 'parts' type auctions for them too...