Sign in to follow this  
fyra89

Racing tires for the Frog?

We're starting a vintage racing class at my local club.  I'm planning to run my Frog.  We'll be running some of the races on an indoor track that is fairly hard-packed--I normally run Hole Shots for tires on my modern cars.  My question is, what tires should I use for my Frog?  Would Subaru Brat tires work for hard-packed conditions?  If so, do they fit on Frog rear wheels, or do I need Brat rear wheels?

sorry but brat tires do not fit the smaller diameter frog/hornet/grasshopper wheels

You'll need either:

Rough Rider or Brat / Ranger rear wheels 'cos they're a bigger diameter.[;)]

Use some different rear wheels as the Brat/Rough rider wheels weigh alot. Try some one piece wheels on all four corners. But you will have to use adapters. You can go with Falcon,Fox, or Desert Gator. using modern wheels also helps you dial your suspension as Three piece wheels tend to bounce because the tires act like big ballons.

But if you want to use old school stuff, There is nothing wrong with that. You also could just cut the spikes off you frog tires. Thats using the true spirit of vintage racing.