Sign in to follow this  
shawnh

Help with identifying please

Hello. I have been rummaging through the loft and found these parts. Can any of you boffins help me and identify them please before I put them on Ebay

I used to race race Boomerang ( yes, really! ) years ago and me thinks they were parts I had from that era.  The alloy adapters are throwing me though because the standard wheels had 3 lugs and as you can see those in the photo have 2 opposite each other. ( possibly for an alternative wheel ? )

As for the hubs, I am almost certain they were for the same car but if someone can try to confirm because the over the last 15 years my brain has lost all recolaction of these parts.

HUBS.jpg

ADAPTORS.jpg

Many thanks.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/shawnh_02/ADAPTORS.jpg'>

Dont know about the hubs but the bottom alloy disks look very similar to a hop up that was available for the hotshot rear hubs..

Rgds

Richard

The hubs are Hotshot parts, too.

Hi Shawn the parts look like srm racing wheel adaptors for a pb maxima and mini mustang so hotshot wheels could be used. These would also fit the boomerang as they had the same fitment.The hubs also look like srm racing ones for the same cars but with 2 extra holes drilled in the steering arms. I have the parts fitted to a mini mustang. Hope this helps

Cheers James.

Hubs are SRM Hotshot (all 'shot series).  They came with 3 tapped holes in each of the steering arms-- I have a set on my Hotshot runner.  They are nice-- slightly shorter than the stock steering knuckles, so the a-arms don't rub on the inside of the rims.

The adapters are SRM or Gisom-- both had the 2 nubs for mounting.  Gisom made some nice alloy wheels for the Hotshot.  These adapters work on the original Hotshot wheels with the six holes in the center, but will not work with the Bigwig "moon" wheels-- those need the triangular 3 nub adapters.

BTW, would you be interested in selling here rather than eBay?

Jeff