Sign in to follow this  
europro975

New 2007 Hotshot!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to the Shizouka Hobby show on the 17th of May with my shop. I will take pictures but Tamiya might release some real pictures before that.

Acording to Rainbow Ten (the shop next to Tamiya in JP) the release date is June:

1/10 HOT SHOT 2007

24800YEN

JULY

Not sure If I can wait that long!

James.

Acording to Rainbow Ten (the shop next to Tamiya in JP) the release date is June: 58391 1/10 HOT SHOT 2007 24800YEN JULY

Not sure If I can wait that long!

James.

NICE

has anybody noticed that they make no mention of it being 4wd on the tamiya USA website, and that the hop-up optiond seems to contain an odd  mix of 4wd and 2wd chassis parts?  odd i'd say.

i so hope that it comes with the box-art gold plated wheels this time round, also the lack of sponsor decals doesnt bother me that much. oooh i cant wait until june/july![H]

has anybody noticed that they make no mention of it being 4wd on the tamiya USA website, and that the hop-up optiond seems to contain an odd  mix of 4wd and 2wd chassis parts?  odd i'd say.

look again, they've changed the description to  4wd 

Hurry up Tamiya my suspension arrived from Ebay today. Now all i need is the Hotshot lol

post-3-1177343340.jpg

Im just waiting on my suspension kit arriving too. I bet Tamiya make changes, and it wont fit[^o)]

Nah it'll fit I'm sure. Anyway given a Dremel, a screwdriver, a sledgehammer and enough will power you can pretty much get any Tamiya part to fit any Tamiya chassis lol

what is the oil rate that comes with this suspension kit?

Its soft. I prefer the harder stuff myself, you get a bit less sag, so I'll use that instead

Hopefully there is a suspension hopup for the 2007 hotshot also :) I've still got my supershot skid plate here also. I guess if they make things such as the hopup suspension then vehicles such as the boomerang won't take much to produce.

FP 

Hurry up Tamiya my suspension arrived from Ebay today. Now all i need is the Hotshot lol

I'm considering that hop up for my 'Shot, but is it worth sacrificing the sway bars for? 

I couldn't beleive it when I saw this thread!, made my day.

After a deprived childhood I now have a Frog, Brat, Beetle,Porsche 934 & now I'll get to own a Hotshot!

I think we could all squeeze a Monster Beetle & Wild one into the collection before Xmas?

Thank u very much Mr Tamiya..............by the way, my wife wants a word with u too.................

regards

Jak

Thought crosses my mind:

Thundershot Re-Re (withdrawn from production) + new body/top case/bit of anti-roll bar and different wheels = "New" Hot Shot.

Would account for the similar but not the same mood in Tamiya's web info.

Surely though they would have to use the original swing arms (or at least very similar ones) or it would start to look nothing like the original Hotshot. If they want to use the original box art, as seems to be the case, then it has to look pretty much identical to whats portrayed on the box otherwise they would get into trouble under the trade descriptions act. To be honest I think Tamiya were on pretty thin ice originally not providing gold wheels as standard as depicted on the box

I don't think trade descriptions apply as it's only an "artists impression"

Otherwise, you could start demanding independant rear suspension on your grasshopper, as it clearly shows it in the picture on the box!

The man has a point.

Tamiya have plenty of 'previous' for imaginative box art illustrations...

What about the missing box art bumper they should have included in the scorcher kit?

I don't think trade descriptions apply as it's only an "artists impression"

Otherwise, you could start demanding independant rear suspension on your grasshopper, as it clearly shows it in the picture on the box!

Fair point. I still don't think they'll move to far away from the original though otherwise whats the point in having a vintage re-re? I'm hoping the changes will be subtle chassis strength improvements rather than major changes. Fingers crossed anyway.   

I emailed RC-Champ for some Pre-Order info, this was the response:

Hello.How are you doing,sir?
I'm sorry for late reply.
The Tamiya 58391 Hotshot will be announced at coming Shizuoka Hobby show middle of May,so we haven't got any news for this kit at the moment.Please wait a little more,sir.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

It has been my experience that the items at RC-Champ are significantly cheaper than anywhere else especially when "pre-ordered". 

Hopefully there is a suspension hopup for the 2007 hotshot also ;) I've still got my supershot skid plate here also. I guess if they make things such as the hopup suspension then vehicles such as the boomerang won't take much to produce.

FP 

I think a Supershot re-re is possible depending on market as Tamiya have 'form' for spinning as much out of a chassis as possible both on the original version and re-re ie, Grasshopper / Hornet, Frog/Brat etc. Will be interesting to see what Tamiya do.  Hotshot HP Suspension kits are still fairly easy to get and cheap(ish) after all.  However, if given the choice of endless spinoffs or a different re-re I would like them to knock out a Scorcher - unlikely but maybe if we all mass-petitioned Mr Tamiya you never know...

I still don't think they'll move to far away from the original though otherwise whats the point in having a vintage re-re? I'm hoping the changes will be subtle chassis strength improvements rather than major changes. Fingers crossed anyway.  

*Starts thinking about that steaming pile of bovine poo "Avante" they are trying to push off on us* ...... *starts fealing sick again [+o(] * ..... Ok , I understand that they taged the supposedly "new" Avante the MK2 and the history behind that freaking but ugly body . But you know good and well they had it in thier collective heads that it would be a big hit with the "Tamiya Club" type crowd just because some idiot decided to basterdise the Avante name with that joak of a release . I would hoap now that from pritty much any website Ive gone to that 95% ( being extreamly conservative here ) of the RCing community wants to vomit because of that thing it would send a message to Tamiya to not screw with the old names , just fix any "major" flaws . But unfortunately I doubt it will , just from the screwy descriptions of this supposedly re-release of the Hot Shot I would be willing to bet that this is going to be another vomiting fest fit for a king . I hoap Im wrong , I want to be wrong , PLEASE Mr. Tamiya prove me wrong . You can use me as an add for your websites as the most wrong persone ever , I dont care , just STOP screwing with the old names and actualy reproduce the original Hot Shot ( as well as any re-releases planned for the future ) with the major flaws fixed .

Unfortunately at this point for me , I wont get excited about any supposed "re-release" untill I see an actual picture of what Tamiya wants to try and dump on us , not just the original box art drawing . Im still and allways will be a Tamiya fan but at this point other than a handfull of kits available now its only because of what they ment to me growing up . Im sorry for the rant guys ( and gals ) but that Avante thing still has me all worked up , not because of it being the worst move Tamiya has ever made in my opinion but mainly because it all but garuntees that there will never ever ever be a re-release of the original design or even the 2001 version . Same thing with the SRB's , I can allmost here the conversation ( in an extreamly "Im richer than you" sarcastic voice ) "We gave you all a pile of poo with a vintage name and scaled down front clip that we spent a whoal 30 seconds thinking up , what more do you want from us ???" . If Mr. Anderson or anyone from Tamiya is reading this , can you let us know if the idiot that thought up that MK2 **** got fired yet . If you even hint that its was Mr. Tamiyas idea Im selling off everything I own and selling out to Kyosho ......Ack! Im doing it again ...... Sorry again everyone , I just needed to vent a little bit ( its been a bad day ) .

Breathe.  Relax.  Breathe.  Relax.

FFS, we're talking about a reissue of a 1980's toy car here.  Yes, it's nice to see it again, yes it'd be nice if it's the same or very similar to before (believe me, it will be very similar to before[;)]) but hardly worth busting a vessel over, surely?

Inside we've heard on the Avante is that there was demand for the look of the body shell, but that there was no way that Tamiya would RERE a model that was extremely expensive when new, and never actually sold very well at all.  By doing a pastiche model, it uses the name, gives the look but actually gives you a model you could race in a modern scenario - look at it that way and it's not so bad.

we've heard on the Avante is that there was demand for the look of the body shell

I read it was based on the Avante MK II Mini 4WD moz-screenshot.jpg(# 94592 and #18614) [:D]

post-3-1177506120.jpg

Reading the spec. from Tamiya USA the New 2007 Hotshot should be close to the original. Production cost should not be an issue for any re-issue model that is 90% plastic, unless branding rights.  The complex metal parts required for the RR or old 3spd will not likely to happen.  But, if customers are snapping up the almost completed chasis of the 3spd by RC4WD at US$1300.00 a piece, Tamiya will no doubt re-issue the metal 3 spd.