Sign in to follow this  
europro975

New 2007 Hotshot!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed RC-Champ for some Pre-Order info, this was the response:

Hello.How are you doing,sir?
I'm sorry for late reply.
The Tamiya 58391 Hotshot will be announced at coming Shizuoka Hobby show middle of May,so we haven't got any news for this kit at the moment.Please wait a little more,sir.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

It has been my experience that the items at RC-Champ are significantly cheaper than anywhere else especially when "pre-ordered". 

you know im going broke gotta sell more stuff again on ebay ****...

Breathe.  Relax.  Breathe.  Relax.

Breathing again [:D]  Sorry again everyone for the rant ( though I still stand by most of it , just not in such a POed way ) . Not that its any excuse for ranting anywhere in life let alone on a hobby based website , I just have a lot of personal **** building up and unfortunately TC was my only outlet at the time . If any of the mods would be so kind as to delete that post I would be extremely grateful .

Well Mr. Shopkeeper , I hoap you are rite about the Hot Shot staying basically true to the original . I'm not sure I could take another Avante MK2 without having to have my stomach pumped [:P] lol  .

hi all , hope this works - 1st time i've tried - awesome the hotshot is (if its close to original ! ) coming back .

most of you guys on here appeal to the (friendly) spies who could be watching so here goes '' PLEASE MR TAMIYA - RE-RELEASE THE BIGWIG ??? !!!! '' it was after all the anniversary model perhaps the re-re of it could celebrate 30 (ish) years of tamiya this time round ?

anyone else feel the same ? or think they might re-release it?

thanks all...........................

Ah don't worry about it Floyd,  I just thought how passionate you were when i read that post!  [:D]

I'm all for a proper re-re with goldwheels and a technigold motor!  ;)  and then i'd buy 2, 1 for shelf and 1 for spares for my original runner  ;)

Don't really care about hopups this time, will just leave it standard to sit on the shelf, unlike my other one.

Rob.

It's a very good point, the Technigold would probably cost peanuts for Tamiya to reproduce now, but has such an important position in the history of all these kits that it should really be remade.

But if they did, I imagine Tamiya would want to rewind it in some way to suit the TEU101 as otherwise all their non-technical customers would buy it, slap it into a kit and blow the speedo (just like they already like to do with the RZ and TZ motors...)

It's a very good point, the Technigold would probably cost peanuts for Tamiya to reproduce now, but has such an important position in the history of all these kits that it should really be remade.

But if they did, I imagine Tamiya would want to rewind it in some way to suit the TEU101 as otherwise all their non-technical customers would buy it, slap it into a kit and blow the speedo (just like they already like to do with the RZ and TZ motors...)

I would do such things...

Watching this thread with interest, but have to take issue with Mr. Shopkeepers last comment.

Sorry about the off topic point, but the implication was that you are clueless and asking for trouble by "slapping in" an RZ/TZ and running a TEU101BK. This is just not true.

The old TEU101BK debate goes on and on, but basically, TEU is approved to 23 turn motors like the RZ/TZ and sport tuned. I run these combinations in all but one of my runners now - 4wd, 2wd, trucks, touring cars, rally cars in all conditions and resistance of surfaces (including long grass). All my cars are ballraced - admittedly, but the only TEU I've blown up was as a result of water ingress. I run 4200mah cells as well so it's not like there is not a lot of opportunity for the cars to heat up their ESC's.

I even use my Lunchbox with a 23T sport tuned in it to push my daughter's tricycle around with her on it on tarmac - loads of resistance and still the TEU101BK doesn't blow!!!

Personally, I think re-releasing motors is taking the re-re theme a bit far. Can't see Tamiya selling that many other than to the hardcore collectors. Whether this would be enough to warrant a re-re I don't know? With cars like the Hornet - they sell on the memories and character - Unless you are racing a motor's a motor for most people with just price and the wind being the main factors IMHO. On most RC's you can't even see it!

Please show me anywhere on a Tamiya site or Tamiya document that says the TEU101BK is rated at 23 turns.

I've never found anything.

They are quite specific that it is not suitable for any motor other than the mild tuned Sport, Gt, Dirt and the new Lightly Tuned.

True I've seen TEU101BKs running a 15x2 without a problem, I've also seen several blow up on the RZ.

Yup, hand up to putting a teu101 in front of the BZ and a 19t double trinity! :D

I suppose it wouldn't really suit the hotshot, i was thinking it would be nice to include it as part of the kit, but i suppose that's more the theme for a supershot in that era. then again maybe as a bonus they could have the CPR along with the technigold!  [:o]

OK - 2 pieces of absolute proof that Tamiya approve TEU101BK for 23 Turn motors.

1. My NIB European sourced Stadium Thunder comes with a 23 Turn Sport tuned motor and a TEU101BK in the box. If Tamiya didn't approve the ESC's for 23 turn motors, then they would have either had to have put a higher spec ESC or a 27T motor in this model.

2. Please see the picture below - On the TEU101BK, the diagram refers to "Designated motor Type 540 (Sport-Tuned Motor)".

So although not explicitly written that "23 turn motors are acceptible with TEU101BK" - Tamiya's actions show that they are happy with this turn of motor and the TEU101BK - unless they are also non-technical noobs slapping hot motors in without understanding the consequences!!

I don't doubt what you've seen with blow ups, but don't believe the motors drawing too much current was the primary cause.

I've also run a 19 double for a while with 101, but then again, you could take turbo charged real car and tighten the actuator to run 3 bar - do 10 miles with 400bhp and say the engine can handle it! You are on borrowed time and you are outside of tolerances. I agree there, but I do think that the extra strain from a 23 turn is within Tamiya's tolerances given their above actions.

DSCF2856.jpg

Very off HS track here, I had a debate with a work collegue the other day over the sport tuned. He unwound one and believed it had 23 turns. I believe it is a 27 turn motor with advanced timing. Hence, I believe Tamiya assigned the TEU101 to 27 turn motors. For down to 23 turn motors, Tamiya made the 302 - read the box.

If you can use a lower than 27 turn motor with your 101 then you are simply not pulling enough current. Simple physics and proficient low cost operation to ya!

Hmmm, all this esc & motor talk sounds like a good topic for the "All things electric" forum . . . .. . .[;)].

Any updates on the "net" that have been discovered ? 

Maybe I'm not reading this properly but is it really a point of interest if the stock ESC that is supposed to come with the Hot Shot ReRe can run a Technigold/plus motor?  The kit is supposed to come with a silver can that works well with the TEU101--I think that is great.  This is a Vintage car that even in it's day came with a silver can.  I think it's nice to not have to worry about opening the deadly radio compartment for maintenance.  If I want to run an 8 turn single in a buggy, I'm not about to put it in a buggy that was engineered in the 80's--that's what the 501 buggy is for.  This is supposed to rekindle your childhood, not whip the competition at the local track this weekend! 

I'm not about to start worrying about motors at this point, I just want the darn thing in my hands--if it looks anything like the box art photo, I'm sure it will be great. I'm certain Tamiya is not going to graft 4 double wishbone suspension arms onto a DF03.  They've done a nice job with the Brat/Frog and the Grasshopper/Hornet and with the Lunch Box.  I have faith that we'll be happy--I certainly can't wait.  If you are going to mention the Avante MK3--I have no answers for that--in my opinion, they shouldn't have resurected that was blasphemy!

I just dusted off my Technigold and put some juice through it, seems to run fine even though it has been sitting in my original hotshot for 15 years. Little rusty but think it will clean up OK.

This will be going into the new hotshot when it arrives so I'm hoping there has been some improvement to the gearboxes and drivetrain. Especially the **** plates that you insert to adjust for the pinion gears!

How many turns is a technigold anyhow?

F

21 turns I think. Technigold was an awesome motor for its time, loads of torque.

I am indeed interested to hear the details of the 'improvements' to this chassis. I am pretty sure all the plastic parts will be the same, save maybe some reinforcement around the places where they used to break, eg the suspension cantilevers and screw pin holes and possibly the front gearbox.

The drivetrain in the Hot Shot wasn't that bad, other than the high friction - it did suffer from wear in the diffs, but about the only weak points are the spur gear and the prop shaft.

Maybe there's a new metal motor mount/heat sink that does away with the set plates?

Ooooh, can't wait.... [:P]

- James

Yep, those **** set plates. Just looked at my original hotshot that is in fairly good nick but you are right, broken along the suspension cantilevers! Lets hope I can get some decent spares when the new hotshot is released!

How many turns is a technigold anyhow?

21 turns single, according to this great website: http://home19.inet.tele.dk/martinjordt/res...tors/motors.htm

But on a other note, i think this is odd.. Sport Tuned has different specs for different continents:

RS-540 Sport-Tuned

Turns: 27 single - 0,65mm (USA/Asia)

Turns:

23 single - 0,8mm (Europe)

OK - 2 pieces of absolute proof that Tamiya approve TEU101BK for 23 Turn motors.

That's the point (or the Tamiya Folklaw if you like).

Nowhere does Tamiya say it'll do a 23 turn motor, it just says it's OK for a Sport Tuned motor.

The Sport Tuned is 23 turn, yes, but it's a very low current draw 23 turn.  If Tamiya stated that it was a 23 turn ESC, then it'd have to cope with any 23 turn motor, the vast majority of which pull vastly more amps than the Sport Tuned.  The TEU302 is quoted as 23 turn, otherwise it's pretty similar to use to the 101 but a lot more expensive.

I suspect the 101s have low grade fets in them, to keep the price down, some of these will survive much higher aperage than others, which is why you can often get away with higher power motors on them, it's just not guaranteed to work.

This is getting seriously off topic (yes I know I started it) but if you've a multimeter, try running a Sport Tuned through it then try a meatier 23 turn from any other maker, the Tamiya motor is seriously low on amp draw, which is why is barely affects the run time over the 27 turn.

The 27/23 turn ST motors was covered a while back, there used to be a green one which was 27 turn as I remember.  If it's black it's 23 turn.  Something to do with old stock that hung around a while - I'm sure that worldwide it's the same motor now.

Again - sorry for the off topic all. I'll save the continued debate for another more appropriate thread!! I guess after 120 replies to a thread a bit of digression is inevitable!

Nice one Tamiya and thanks for the Hotshot re-re

hope this is a mistake and if someone else has already spotted this then sorry., but if you click the "hop up" link on the hotshot page http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58391 just above the picture (hovering over it first tells you it is the hop ups for the hot shot), "RC hotshot hop up options"

it takes you to the DT02 hop up page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh no!!!!!!!!!!! *gulp*

Yeah I had noticed that myself, but i think the tamiya webmaster isn't fantastic. Have seen a few incorrect links and spelling errors over the years.

so I'm just hoping that's all it is, or just a generic link..... And ignoring it  :)

Rob

*grabs a bucket and prepares* Im starting to feal sick again [+o(] .

*grabs a bucket and prepares* Im starting to feal sick again [+o(] .

i feel your pain, hopefully its a welcomed **** up, if not im packing it all in and going into train sets :)