Sign in to follow this  
europro975

New 2007 Hotshot!!!!!!!!!!

It's a very good point, the Technigold would probably cost peanuts for Tamiya to reproduce now, but has such an important position in the history of all these kits that it should really be remade.

Techni motors were not made by Tamiya, they are all Mabuchi creations.

Tamiya started making their own motors only recently.

I'm [very] late to this thread, but just wanted to ad a quick "WooHoo!!!!"  :P

I'm definitely buying one (or two, or five)!!

Must admit - I have to agree with theshopkeeper. 

Tamiya cant just go on re-releasing old models till the cows come home. They also need to branch out from tweaking a race chassis.  Putting different coloured bit on the same tired old chassis.

They need to go back to their innovative best and design some new classics.  Will they ever invent a new bruiser, a new hotshot, 959 or hornet.  Where's their originality? 

If they are listening to us then this is what we want; not easy, braindead re-releases!

They need to go back to their innovative best and design some new classics.  Will they ever invent a new bruiser

I guess i shouldn't take your point litrally [;)]  but i think tamiya have the "new bruiser" covered pretty well? [:D]

If they are listening to us then this is what we want; not easy, braindead re-releases!

I'm hoping for just one or two more "key" re-releases so that I can get something I could never achieve when I was young - but I agree - they need to pump up the production of new chassis/designs [;)].

I dont want to sound like  a jerk but have you guys even looked at what Tamiya makes right now?

DF03-light years ahead of a Hotshot.Cheaper also.

TA05-More bang for the buck than any carbon chassis touring car.

Desert Gator- out of the box performs way better than a Fox

Super fighter G- cheaper than a Grasshopper and performs better also.

Double Blaze- Twin motor Monster truck.

Tam Tech 934-Detail and options

F350- Lights everywhere.

M03-classic

These are just some of the cars that they make now. I love the old cars, but look at new cars every once and a while. What does Kyosho make for the electric market? Two buggies and Mini Zs.

Tamiya makes great cars besides the re releases.[:D]

Yes !!!!! Congratulations Bakaguyjean [Y]

You said the right words. Can only agree.

Tamiya produces great actual cars. No other manufacturer does more for the electric market. 

And the re-releases are a nice addition for the "real" Tamiya enthusiast. [;)]

Then why dont they devote the time to designing new cars rather than re-reing?

That's how they built up the company in the first place - not by selling old stock.

Constructor:  Then why dont they devote the time to designing new cars rather than re-reing?

That's how they built up the company in the first place - not by selling old stock.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Isn´t the TRF 501X new ?

and the DF-02 - DF-03 - TA-05 - TG10Mk2 - TRF touring chassis - TNX 5.2

They also do a lot of new Touring car bodies like Mazda RX-7 - BMW 320i. Only to name a few.
I can´t understand such a position. When i look to other manufacturers i can´t see so many new products every year.
Tamiya releases a alot of new cars and parts every year + the re releases ! [*]

Then why dont they devote the time to designing new cars rather than re-reing?

Even the old stock is great stuff do you think the hot shot can beat the traxxas bandit in a race?  The bandit maybe new stuff and new technology, but the hot shot was ahead of its time back then and still is vs whats on the market today.  When tamiya builds they are ahead of their time just how traxxas was ahead of its time on the traxxas trucks I mean look at traxxas they havent done much with the trucks on the Tmaxx except add things to do it they havent inovated in awhile either and on a yearly basis like tamiya does. 

This re-release gets more interesting and yet controversial by the day!  Here is someone elses take on it http://tamiyablog.com/ .

Scroll down a little and read on. He absolutely savages the old car! I agree with some of what he says but surely the car was not that bad! I dont remember having too many problems with my car back in the day but then again I didnt race it into the ground like some did!

Some people are missing the point about these re-re's. They are being produced as durable back yard bashers and not as something to compete with modern racers.

Even the old stock is great stuff do you think the hot shot can beat the traxxas bandit in a race?  The bandit maybe new stuff and new technology, but the hot shot was ahead of its time back then and still is vs whats on the market today.

Are you serious? The original Hotshot would get absolutely slaughtered around a modern racetrack. Compared to the current cars it is very heavy, not particularly strong, has almost no suspension to speak of, limited gearing options and an inefficient transmission.

And the Traxxas Bandit is hardly the pinnacle of modern buggy design either. It must be at least 10 years old!

Hotshot was far from perfect. Even in the mid-80s people used to do major modifications to them to take advantage of the 4wd, otherwise they would still be beaten around a track by the 2wd contenders. I had a Super Sabre and know first hand that the front steering block/pivot ball setup was a nightmare.

This re-release gets more interesting and yet controversial by the day!  Here is someone elses take on it http://tamiyablog.com/ .

Scroll down a little and read on. He absolutely savages the old car! I agree with some of what he says but surely the car was not that bad! I dont remember having too many problems with my car back in the day but then again I didnt race it into the ground like some did!

Some people are missing the point about these re-re's. They are being produced as durable back yard bashers and not as something to compete with modern racers.

good old Miramar... what he don't know about Tamiyas - ain't worth knowing.

Even the old stock is great stuff do you think the hot shot can beat the traxxas bandit in a race?  The bandit maybe new stuff and new technology, but the hot shot was ahead of its time back then and still is vs whats on the market today.

Are you serious? The original Hotshot would get absolutely slaughtered around a modern racetrack. Compared to the current cars it is very heavy, not particularly strong, has almost no suspension to speak of, limited gearing options and an inefficient transmission.

And the Traxxas Bandit is hardly the pinnacle of modern buggy design either. It must be at least 10 years old!

Hotshot was far from perfect. Even in the mid-80s people used to do major modifications to them to take advantage of the 4wd, otherwise they would still be beaten around a track by the 2wd contenders. I had a Super Sabre and know first hand that the front steering block/pivot ball setup was a nightmare.

I'd take a Hotshot over a Bandit. 

The guy from Tamiyablog is being a tad melodramatic, I can't imagine Tamiya will brew up some poor quality plastic based on a 20 year old recipe just to replicate the inferior plastics of yesteryear. The mere fact that its being produced in modern times should mean they will use material thats up to the job.

And I think anyone who believes the Hotshot will hold its own against modern buggies is going to be in for a bit of a disappointment, I have managed to thrash the pants off a Boomerang with my Dark Impact at the local track, No contest.

As for reference to the DT02, Its a great car, Sure its no RC10, Its not meant to be, Its a cheap, easy to build , Tough as nails, Sleek looking, agile and capable buggy, Better then the Fox was in its heyday in every way.

a lot of it is all down to personal choice, some people like the old style look of the hotshot and the nostalgia it brings and some people like the new stuff for its performance. i personally think tamiya do a badword of a job pleasing everyone as it is, there are new generations of kids that are probably loving all the new stuff, even the avante mark 2007 !!! yeah we hate it and have all had a dig at it, but the market isnt just directed soley at us now is it?

hats off to tamiya for even bothering with the re-re's :) even if it is an excact replica ill still buy one. i never thrash the old type cars anyway, big open space and lots of dust, even an old hotshot would last a very long time. the new cars are definatly stronger and based more towards performance but i find that boring, gimme somthing i have to constantly tinker with anyday! id rather have a fox than a desert gator :) like i say personal preference :)

but the market isnt just directed soley at us now is it?

Too right.  In fact, I'd wager that Tamiya Club members actual purchases (as opposed to the "I'm having 4", "I'll definitely be buying 6" brigade) barely makes a dent on Tamiya's global sales plan.

I mean, how many people are actually active on this thread for instance?

I mean, how many people are actually active on this thread for instance?

Yeah, i thought this thread would be constantly buzzing? i guess everyones busy listing there old hotshot parts on ebay :) i just saw a set of gold hotshot wheels at 80 odd quid with a few mins to go!! crazy!!!

Hot shot (2007)

dot_invisible.gif

The 4WD racing buggy whose voice of the fan which desires reissue is largest, the hot shot. Answering the voice, updating the section, it is re-appearance. As for basic structure of 4 wheel double wishbone of frame construction and front and back mono shock type that way, as for the propeller shaft as for dog bone type and the oil damper modification to diaphragm type. Of course, the aggressive forum that way is low.

dot_invisible.gif - 1/10 electromotive RC car series No.391

1/10RC HOTSHOT (2007) (58391)

* Total length 390mm. * ESC specification. It left the aluminum heat sink part the rear which becomes an important point with respect to eyesight that way. * Wheel hub feature triangular type. * 540 motor attachment.

heres the translation, pretty funny!

Jak

Well it sounds from that like it's going to have dummy 'dalek head' aluminium resistor heat sinks to help keep the look of the original.

- James

dot_invisible.gif - 1/10 electromotive RC car series No.391

1/10RC HOTSHOT (2007) (58391)

* Total length 390mm.

heres the translation, pretty funny!

Jak

i just measured my old hotshot 1 and its exactly 390mm [:o]

someone measure a DT02 quick! [:P]

i actually ran my restored hotshot this weekend and was quite impressed on the handling actually for a vintage car ;)

I'd take a Hotshot over a Bandit. 

Yeah I agree hot shot over bandit anyday at the track or for bashing.................