Sign in to follow this  
europro975

New 2007 Hotshot!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all people,

I'm very very glad about this new but reading the characteristic I have a big suspect:

Fans around the world have been clamoring for more re-releases of classic Tamiya R/C cars

and Tamiya has indeed been listening. The eye-catching Hotshot 2WD buggy, which was originally

released in the 1980's and helped popularize the R/C hobby, now makes a return with it's timeless

body shape matched with updated improvements to let both old and new R/C fans enjoy exciting

off-road action.

2WD? I think it's a writing error I suppose.

About the Model
  • High-quality 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit of the improved Hotshot off-road buggy.

Improved? Is it the same chassis?

• Redesigned chassis features 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with unique front and rear
    mono-shocks.

Redesigned? It isn't the same chassis.

• Diaphragm-type oil dampers provide stable off-road driving performance.
  • New propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency.

New propeller shaft? Dog bone? This is not the same chassis!

• Buggy body with large rear wing remains faithful to the original styling.

Buggy body remains faithfull? Why write this? This means the chassis isn't faithfull to original. This means Avante MKII has been a marketing error.

• Aluminum heat sink helps keep the motor cool and is also an eye-catching chassis highlight.

Keep the motor cool? They are not resistor heatsink but MOTOR heatsink.

• Triangular wheel hubs further enhance the buggy's unique look.

Will they be the same rims? Will they be the same tires? Or will they be new rims with similar look ans new mini spike tires?

• ESC (TEU-101BK) and Type 540 motor included.
  • Wide range of Option Parts available to customize the look and performance of your machine.

Are these option usable on old Hot Shot?

This is what I think:

1st This is another DF-03 chassis with a different bathtub to accept the narrow Hot Shot body. It's modified to accept dual mono shocks. Could be the rims will be equal or similar to original. No idea about the tires. This is the lesson Tamiya did learn releasing the hated Avante MKII and now he keeps the faithfull to original body changing the chassis to accept it. Exactly the opposite way than the Avante MKII.

2nd This is really an enhanced Hot Shot chassis that is a replica of original one with some mods like a better drive shaft, motor heatsink and other minimal parts

3th This is a replica of original Hot Shot.

I believe in the first ipothesis.

Please let me know what you think about

Cheers

Max 

Hi all people,

I'm very very glad about this new but reading the characteristic I have a big suspect:

Those are some very, very good points you have there.  Makes me wonder [:^)].  

I am suspect about how faithful this re-re will be as well.  Particularly by

Wide range of Option Parts available to customize the look and performance of your machine.

Is Tamiya really going to re-make or design new Option parts to support this re-release? No Way!  There may be a lot of collectors out there, but certainly not enough to finacially justify Tamiya making a "wide range of option parts" for one outdated RC.

But I can always dream..... 

Yeah! The Hotshot! Fantastic! I will be buying at least 2 for sure, and I can finally complete the one I have that is missing its shell and bumper.

So jumping on the bandwagon... Quick, sell those C parts! G parts! F parts! R parts! Body shell!

I am 99% sure it will be very close to the original, with a few revisions to make it more reliable, just like they did with the Frog. For example, the hex prop joints will be slotted instead, and the complicated prop shaft for sure and perhaps the drive shafts too will be simplified... I am sure they'll revise the rear suspension linkages somewhat to make it work better, but I hope they do retain the spirit of the original design. And hopefully the suspension arms will be a bit more reinforced or of better plastic. The old ones tended to split around the screw pin holes. It may gain a Hotshot 2 style access hatch, but with the inclusion of an ESC, this won't be so much of a problem.

I doubt that the two alu resistors will be there unless they include dummy ones. Perhaps this is which is why they're including an alu heatsink for the motor instead.

And let's hope they actually include the gold wheels in the kit this time!

The best part? New oval block tires! Wheee!

Next, the Fox please!

- James

Hi all people,

Fans around the world have been clamoring for more re-releases of classic Tamiya R/C cars

and Tamiya has indeed been listening. The eye-catching Hotshot 2WD buggy, which was originally

released in the 1980's and helped popularize the R/C hobby, now makes a return with it's timeless

body shape matched with updated improvements to let both old and new R/C fans enjoy exciting

off-road action.

2WD? I think it's a writing error I suppose.

About the Model
  • High-quality 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit of the improved Hotshot off-road buggy.

Improved? Is it the same chassis?

• Redesigned chassis features 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with unique front and rear
    mono-shocks.

Redesigned? It isn't the same chassis.

• Diaphragm-type oil dampers provide stable off-road driving performance.
  • New propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency.

New propeller shaft? Dog bone? This is not the same chassis!

• Buggy body with large rear wing remains faithful to the original styling.

Buggy body remains faithfull? Why write this? This means the chassis isn't faithfull to original. This means Avante MKII has been a marketing error.

• Aluminum heat sink helps keep the motor cool and is also an eye-catching chassis highlight.

Keep the motor cool? They are not resistor heatsink but MOTOR heatsink.

• Triangular wheel hubs further enhance the buggy's unique look.

Will they be the same rims? Will they be the same tires? Or will they be new rims with similar look ans new mini spike tires?

• ESC (TEU-101BK) and Type 540 motor included.
  • Wide range of Option Parts available to customize the look and performance of your machine.

Are these option usable on old Hot Shot?

This is what I think:

1st This is another DF-03 chassis with a different bathtub to accept the narrow Hot Shot body. It's modified to accept dual mono shocks. Could be the rims will be equal or similar to original. No idea about the tires. This is the lesson Tamiya did learn releasing the hated Avante MKII and now he keeps the faithfull to original body changing the chassis to accept it. Exactly the opposite way than the Avante MKII.

2nd This is really an enhanced Hot Shot chassis that is a replica of original one with some mods like a better drive shaft, motor heatsink and other minimal parts

3th This is a replica of original Hot Shot.

I believe in the first ipothesis.

Please let me know what you think about

Cheers

Max 

So what. I think a monoshock version of the DF-03 chassis would be very original and fascinating. It's not as special as a rere'd Hotshot but it's better than the Avante Mk. II, which I actually didn't hate so much; I thought it was kind of neat. However, I personally think it will be an all-out rere, and your fears are unfounded, but harmless if true.

by the way, looking at the picture provided by tamiya usa... it's more likely to be a true re-release :)

then anything

If a true 99% re-release is the case... I'm praying for Hopup Option rebuildable Universals...  :)

Like everyone here I am glad that the HS is being re-released and am
certainly going to purchase one. More importantly, this re-release, together
with the Frog/Brat re-releases hints that Tamiya makes nice profit on these
models, which very likely means will see more 80's cars in the future. Tamiya marketing
very smartly intervals the re-releases so that RC Joe will eventually be
purchasing them all (which he won't if all the re-releases we had so far would
be released in less than 6 months). Extrapolating the re-releases so far, I
guess we will see Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, Wild One/FAV and maybe even Astute within
the next year or so.

I find it quite amusing how fast the world works; not rotates as that has not changed recently. Back in the 1980s Tamiya would have invested much quality time to prepare the box artistry of an upcoming model. Advertisements and catalogs would have been prepared for print, and the product launched all at once. Well organised and prepared.

21 years later, a Hotshot appears on the web with the licensed sponser logos removed in photoshop. No doubt, between now and release, Tamiya will confirm new sponsors (or define their own) for the decals. Their product description of the Hotshot has everyone 2nd guessing what the design will be like.

Tamiya, like many companies wants to entice prospective buyers through leaked/early/vague information - no doubt in some small part to gauge interest, but moreso to build up the interest and 'get it out there'. Although it is great to 'know' Tamiya will re-re the HS, I now want to see the full story. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

It seems the release will be the same as the original, with updates to the drive and electrical system. Interested to see how the heatsinks work. Luv to see those gold wheels as standard and a licencing agreement re-born with KC.

Not here to p on anyone's parade but... 

Nice as it is to get these re-res (don't get me wrong, although I want the Monster Beetle as does everyone else I've ever mentioned reres to so where is it?) but it's a pity that Tamiya doesn't invest some money in developing completely new designs that fit to the same market.

e.g. currently one of their best sellers is the Lunchbox - a rere from 20 years ago - this can't go on forever but there is nothing equivalent new, in fact their truck line in general is very thin.... they've just discontinued the twin motor chassis (Double Blaze being the last one) aparantly, so why can't we all have something completely new and tough to bring new kids into the scene.

A new design but on old principles - a tub, long shocks, big wheels, detailed lexan body, steel drive shafts - the technology doesn't have to move on, but it needs to be seen as new regardless. And for road cars, something that's geared out of the box to hit at least 25mph (easily done) and has a quality feel as you slot it together. 

The new designs in recent years although popular are nothing like as popular as these older designs because they are so plasticy (TT01 drive train anyone?) break too easily (whoever invented the front shock tower on the DF02 and DF03, well, clearly has never driven an RC car on a real surface,   Whats that all about then? are they doing using plastic diff outboard cups on the TB02 and TA05,  Why are the diff bolts forever shearing,  why do we still have these light alloy pinions which go to a sharp point after a few hours use - yes, as a dealer I welcome spares sales but these are endemic weaknesses) and are simply not fast enough out of the box (Hornet wipes the floor with half the current range - why?).

As it stands, think 5 years ahead - what will Tamiya actually have left to sell?  They are churning on nostalgia, but whilst that happens the new market is slipping away from them.

Yeah, but will we see the Gold wheels as standard?

James.

Not here to p on anyone's parade but... 

Nice as it is to get these re-res (don't get me wrong, although I want the Monster Beetle as does everyone else I've ever mentioned reres to so where is it?) but it's a pity that Tamiya doesn't invest some money in developing completely new designs that fit to the same market.

e.g. currently one of their best sellers is the Lunchbox - a rere from 20 years ago - this can't go on forever but there is nothing equivalent new, in fact their truck line in general is very thin.... they've just discontinued the twin motor chassis (Double Blaze being the last one) aparantly, so why can't we all have something completely new and tough to bring new kids into the scene.

A new design but on old principles - a tub, long shocks, big wheels, detailed lexan body, steel drive shafts - the technology doesn't have to move on, but it needs to be seen as new regardless. And for road cars, something that's geared out of the box to hit at least 25mph (easily done) and has a quality feel as you slot it together. 

The new designs in recent years although popular are nothing like as popular as these older designs because they are so plasticy (TT01 drive train anyone?) break too easily (whoever invented the front shock tower on the DF02 and DF03, well, clearly has never driven an RC car on a real surface,   Whats that all about then? are they doing using plastic diff outboard cups on the TB02 and TA05,  Why are the diff bolts forever shearing,  why do we still have these light alloy pinions which go to a sharp point after a few hours use - yes, as a dealer I welcome spares sales but these are endemic weaknesses) and are simply not fast enough out of the box (Hornet wipes the floor with half the current range - why?).

As it stands, think 5 years ahead - what will Tamiya actually have left to sell?  They are churning on nostalgia, but whilst that happens the new market is slipping away from them.

Totally agree with you, I've always argued that what did Tamiya know about buggy design in the 80's that they don't know now. A big reason other than nostalgia that the Hotshot will sell well is that it looks fantastic as a a car, like so much of Tamiya's 80's stuff. Why can't they make buggies today that look anywhere near as good? They desperately need some fresh trucks especially a new TXT, I still can't believe Tamiya have never seen fit to cash in more on the rock crawling craze.

this new release for me has restored my faith a bit ( following the avante mk II, where i thought tamiya had completely lost the plot! )

also remember the coffee can cars available a while back, where people speculated that those mini cars represented future re-re's and what do you know the hotshot is there with the already released hornet, grasshopper, thundershot, top force, frog, manta ray. so whats next? going back to the coffee can cars, maybe the astute, boomerang and rough rider. worth a thought!

either way the future's looking a lot brighter! [H]

Sweet, sweet, sweet, yes, yes, yes!!

Sorry, just getting a bit

excited...  I was given a custom-chassis Hotshot when I was about

13, but never had the money to replace the damaged parts and so it

never ran.  The chance to build an original or near-original model

and put it on the shelf is too good to pass up.

I know I said

that about the Brat and still haven't bought one (lack of funds, sadly)

but I would really love to have one of these.  Time to start

saving!!

Nice as it is to get these re-res

(don't get me wrong, although I want the Monster Beetle as does

everyone else I've ever mentioned reres to so where is it?) but it's a

pity that Tamiya doesn't invest some money in developing completely new

designs that fit to the same market.

e.g. currently one of their

best sellers is the Lunchbox - a rere from 20 years ago - this can't go

on forever but there is nothing equivalent new, in fact their truck

line in general is very thin.... they've just discontinued

the twin motor chassis (Double Blaze being the last one) aparantly, so

why can't we all have something completely new and tough to bring

new kids into the scene.

This is a really good

point.  The current monster truck range is weak, compared to the

stuff competitors are making.  The TXT is a good truck but could

be so much better with a modern re-re.  Some more bashable 4x4

trucks that come with ESCs as standard - the WD chassis series was

great, and I love the robustness, but MSCs are an old technology and

there's no place for them on modern cars.

I think Tamiya's latest

buggies are great in terms of performance, but I still crave the

classic scale designs of 80s buggies.  Perhaps re-reing the 80s

range of buggies while continuing to develop the DT02, DF03 etc is

their way of answering our cries for off-road scale realism.

****, Tamiya is really getting me crazy. I want so much right now, but I really need money. I really want this car, but is pretty expensive...

Another one to buy... Maybe got to sell some things, I really must have one (just bought a liftie, am making a fullyt hopped up frog, want an xc and a 934 etc, this is too bad for me [:P])

2WD? I think it's a writing error I suppose.This is what I think: 

They've got the drivetrain fixed from 2wd to 4wd. Regardless, I'm into the retro look, and if in the process of narrowing the DF03 they also shorten it, then it made my future project a whole lot easier.

Here some more fuel for the Tamiya fire.

TA05 EBBRO BTEC Maziora IFS- inboard front suspension

G.T.O is the 288 model

TA05MS is a mix of 30th,415 and TA05 very expensive 70000 Yen

Supra is the old TA02 body.

List price in Japan is 24000 Yen.

Just over £100 don't sound too bad for a BRAND NEW Hotshot.[:D]

Supra is the old TA02 body.

Oldy goody, I never get a chance to have it when it's on the TA02.. A Wide body I suppose.

List price in Japan is 24000 Yen.

Just over £100 don't sound too bad for a BRAND NEW Hotshot.[:D]

If I remember back in '85 when I got mine, it was about £125, so reverse inflation on it! 

Guys,

If you take a look at the link again, TAMAYA have listen to us .... and changed the Description.... to 4WD!!!

hahaha, they've ears in TC!

Fans around the world have been clamoring for more re-releases of classic Tamiya R/C cars and Tamiya has indeed been listening. The eye-catching Hotshot 4WD buggy....