Sign in to follow this  
europro975

New 2007 Hotshot!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, how many people are actually active on this thread for instance?

Yeah, i thought this thread would be constantly buzzing? i guess everyones busy listing there old hotshot parts on ebay :mellow: i just saw a set of gold hotshot wheels at 80 odd quid with a few mins to go!! crazy!!!

I agree I noticed more hot shots on ebay lately usually they are pretty rare, but now all of a sudden you see NIB, used, restorers, etc..on ebay people are probably trying to get rid of it to get as much money as they can before the release like all the other releases......

Yep, this does not look good for those wanting a "true to the original" Hotshot re-release...

-Lars

post-3-1178792340.jpg

Except I'm not sure they could get away with writing this - 'Fans around the world have been clamoring for more re-releases of classic Tamiya R/C cars

and Tamiya has indeed been listening' - if it were significantly removed from the original design.

The plot thickens [:(]

Yep, this does not look good for those wanting a "true to the original" Hotshot re-release...

-Lars

WE ALL must have short term memory this happened for the lunch box, grasshopper, among other reissues........everyone speculated the same thing.

WE ALL must have short term memory this happened for the lunch box, grasshopper, among other reissues........everyone speculated the same thing.

Well , still being gunshy from that thing they want to call an Avante ( MK2 , what ever , they should never have done this to the Avante name . Sorry , different subject ) . Anyways , Im keeping my barf bucket handy untill I see an actual picture of it .

-Lars

And we can still only speculate [:S]

The things that tells me it might not be a "true-to-the-original" re-re are these:

"...now makes a return with it's timeless body shape matched with updated improvements..."

"Redesigned chassis..."

"New propeller shaft... "

"Wide range of Option Parts available..." (DT02 parts...)

I believe what Tamiya really is saying is "This is a "new" (DT03 ??? [;)] ) chassis, but with apperance like the original Hotshot"

But, only time will show [:P]

-Lars

Looking at the picture Tamiya Japan have on their website it looks very close to the original. I know it is only a sketch of the original Hotshot but my guess is the re-re is going to be pretty close to the original (again only speculating!, but surely they wouldnt post an image like this if it wasnt??....)[:|].

Well , still being gunshy from that thing they want to call an Avante ( MK2 , what ever , they should never have done this to the Avante name . Sorry , different subject ) . Anyways , Im keeping my barf bucket handy untill I see an actual picture of it .

that is true, but man all the so called, "-reissuses" have been true to the past minus some minor differences as in molding and stickers wasnt the Avante not considered a rerelease, but a new Avante?

Its pretty obvious that both images are nothing more then placeholders, Not indicative of the final release.

Though if I can speculate just like everybody else, I would guess that  it will be a based on the original Hotshot, with tweaks where required. (Please note, That isn't based on any cartoon graphic......)

Whats really annoying is why have a cartoon pic then all of a sudden replaced with a shadow, just hope they dont ruin it by puttin it on a modern chassis

If the re-release turns out to be a different car altogether, i bet those who are getting rid of the original (of late) could well be kicking themselves later. Has their value gone done from its premium days?

As long as it has 4 wheels, drives well what difference does it make what chassis.  It's a toy after all and some people need to realize this because making money from selling "vintage" toys is bogus.

I dont think its about the money it is about staying true to the original design and what made the original hotshot desirable.

maybe the hotshot could be a modified df-03,easily done if you look at the one on http://tamiyablog.com/

WOW, that is so true.  Now I don't know, LOL.  I was sure that big T would rerelease the almost exact original. Good find barney buggy collector! 

Still believe it's a reissue and that the changes are just strengthening mods, tweaks and de-crapping the old design.

i.e. like they did with the Frog rear end and shocks, like they did with the front shock supports on the Hornet, and so on.

I think shopkeeper is right just a few tweaks and here and strengthening of the drive train.

As I always though it will be a modified DF-03 chassis.

Not so happy for this cause I've just buoght and hopped up a Dark Impact! Doohhhh!!!

Max 

the best thing is that was in under the category of award winning paint job,er am I blind or something cos it just looked red to me, like a 1000 other Hotshot bodies[*-)]

maybe the hotshot could be a modified df-03,easily done if you look at the one on http://tamiyablog.com/

Now see for me that is a perfect example of what I dont want to come out of Tamiya [:|]. Me personaly I think that looks like **** ( No offence to whoever made that [:D]) . Dont get me wrong , I think that all the new chassis designs are great , but in no way should they be used to "re-release" an old body . Its NOT just about the body , how hard is it for most of you people ( Tamiya included )  to understand that ( well those of you who think its ok to just slap an old body on a new chassis and say its a "re-release" ) . Anyone can slap an old body on any chassis and for the most part , sure its neat when done by someone on their own . But when coming from the manufacturer themselfs and then to have them try and tell you its a re-release is nothing more than a joak followed by a slap in the face . An old body on any new chassis is NOT a re-release . If thats the case and they do use a new chassis for it , they should never have used an old name let alone call it a "re-release" . I dont know , maybe call it "Allmost a Hotshot" or "Lukewarmshot" or even better "Im nota Hotshot" .

I think it looks great! But, I prefer the original.  The Hotshot will probably be like the original.  On another note, I want to know what chassis did that guy use to make the conversion.  Did he use the chassis from the hotshot and mated it to DF03 gearboxes??

Probably the release (if a DF-03 chassis) will have a different narrow bathtub chassis, maybe the battery will be like the old Hot Shot and will have the roll cage, the metal roof and so on. If this will be the re-release of the Hot Shot I think the right name is Hot Shot 3 cause is a different evoluted car.

I hope Tamiya will re-release the rims, the oval block tires (with a softer compound) and the pin spike tires for my Super Boomerang.

Anyway these are only speculations. Who will live will see, as we say in Italy. Let's wait about the new Hot Shot to see it and speak about.

Max 

I guess next weekend we will see the result at Shizouka. Personally I would go but I'm gettin hitched [:'(]