Sign in to follow this  
Trail Jero

How does this BEC circuit works?

I just got my hands on and old radioset (Graupner JR Varioprop Exzellent T 3014), and I thought of using this in my tractor truck and High Lift.

The radio set is new in box, so I have the instruction if that is needed.

The Graupner reciever has, what I can see, no BEC curcuit as this is ment to be a air plane radio.

What can I do to make it compatible whit an electronic speed controller?

I remeber from the time I started with RC that you could buy a on/off switch with this curcuit in.

Any hints or tips is very much apriciated.

Regads

Björn

If you buy the right esc, you wont need to do anything.

Most esc's have a bec circuit within them, and they power the radio gear by feeding power down their signal cable (so the battery input to the receiver is not used)

An exception to this would be an esc like the tamiya teu 101 bk, which has no bec circuit and feeds power to the radio gear via the receivers battery input socket.

The on/off switch equipped with a battery eliminator would not be needed if the esc you get has bec built in.

Heres an example of a non bec receiver being used with a bec equipped  esc:

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img2088_25092006215841_6.jpg

The battery input of the receiver is not used, the plug is tied up next to the rear shock.

Hop this helps!

The combined switch / bec you mention crops up on Ebay occasionally, Acoms I believe.

Another option is to get a LM2940 three terminal regulator, this will give 5v &1A with just a couple of capacitors for rf suppression, see  National Semiconductor for details.