Sign in to follow this  
tylerdurden

f350 high-lift steering mods?

hi, have any of you done any steering mods on your f350's? if you have how have you done it and with what parts have you used? my highlift has load slop and i would like to make it a bit more direct. cheers, andy

I had to mod mine today - nothing major though.

My 14.4 kg bluebird servo snapped the servo saver C shape spring clean in half! [:P]

So i've fitted a nylon one i had laying around from a hop up servo saver.

The other mod to my steering is of course that crazy high torque servo [:D]

I bought the 51000 Tamiya Hi-Torque Servo Saver (available in white or black) in case I would have problems with the steering. It has a metal spring and should cope better with the strain when steering in mud or when using bigger tires. I haven't used it, though, since I have no problems with the steering on my F-350[:)]

i have hardly any steering with the 2.2 hpi wheels and geolander tyre fitted, was hoping to make a direct mod has anyone got any pictures to give a clue where to start, i have a high torque steering servo fitted.

Some pics of my steering mod

Since the pics were taken the gear shift ball was moved in to the inner hole as I had gear shift problems originally. Now OK, and i've since fitted a high torque servo saver, and high tourque servo. The rear steering is fixed (obviously!) and all the original steering links removed. Steering is 10 times better than original especially on the rough stuff. Next mods are a lift kit and if funds can stretch i'll get some bead lock wheels :-)

hiliftsteeringmod3.jpg

hiliftsteeringmod2.jpg

hiliftsteeringmod1.jpg

cheers for the pics zakspeed lad! i havent got a lift kit but if you use the longest black screws that are in the kit+ some kitbox brass bushings you can lift the radio tray and the rear bed up by 1cm.

I havn't started to 'lift' mine yet but looking at how it sits It is very easy to lift the body, like you say just by bushing the tray, rear bed etc. Only down sides that I can see are that more of the chassis etc is going to be visible and the front bull bar will need lifting some how.

The reason I went for the lift kit off epay was that it was cheap and includes excellant instructions and all the screws, bushes, spacers you need. Didn't see point in messing about with it me cen ;-)