Sign in to follow this  
Yangtao

even 58064 NIB sold 3 times+ than the orig price in 87'

You have a FANTASTICALLY interesting website!!!  [:D] [:D] [:D]

Great photos and topics!! You must see so much Tamiya related info that non japanese speakers will never see!

Your site is now one of my bookmarks!

[au]

If you had put your $$$ in the bank for 20yrs @ 7% pa... you'd have 4X the $ today.

So you could have bought the kit at 3x and still have 1x in change left over. :-P

the 2nd line manufacturers eg Hirobo, AYK, Bandai, Nichimo, Marui left over some classic for demanded collectors

trading of these brandnames seems happened mainly within Japan as 99.9% sellers do not ship overseas...

for communication and shipping reasons they wish to trade within the country, and keep these items available (in the country) for future trade (?)

nevertheless watching Yahoo auction Japan site is very very insteresting and amusing given you had basic knowledge of that language...

I have an NIB Mad Wolf from Baindai, a chassis with chain driven trailing arms that can be seen only in one or two design,

was an auction result from Yahoo auction JP. 

beg, sob, plead.... how do I set up a auto notify by email search for Kyosho fantom 1/12 wheel listings? !

(prepare for avalanch over requests from TC members I suspect [:o] [:$] ) [;)] [:D]

Cool posts and links.

You have a FANTASTICALLY interesting website!!!  [:D] [:D] [:D]

Great photos and topics!! You must see so much Tamiya related info that non japanese speakers will never see!

Your site is now one of my bookmarks!

[au]

Thank you singapore959

So you're really from Singapore..and read Chinese too?

Are the final prices on Japan's Yahoo auction generally higher or lower than on eBay?

Are the final prices on Japan's Yahoo auction generally higher or lower than on eBay?

Generally it's (sometimes much) lower, that's TMHO why jr_rc and/or TAMIYARC can resell them on eBay

It is also very much dependant on the model.

I have gotten a large chunk of my collection from Yahoo Japan, and while most have been truly excellent buys (relatively) - I have had better and cheaper prices on eBay! Alot of prices are now being driven up by the fact that there are several "3rd party" companies that will make a purchase for a western buyer for a fee. This is driving prices up now - especially over the last two years.

Cheers

Darryn

Hi Yangtao,  well I am a rarity - a true ang mo Singaporean. Born and bread and only left at 18 for uni and then work overseas. It's still home, with home and family still there.

I hid from mandarin lessons, however saya hanya berbahasa Melayu. [;)]

[:D]   I still get offended when some ah beng mistakes me for a foreigner [8o|]

I used to race in Tamiya series MANY moons ago [H]

Hi Darryn.....How do you buy from yahoo Japan? I always want to purchase from yahoo japan but I cannot read japanese, and the seller usually don't ship oversea. Can you let me know what these "3rd party" companies that make purchase for western buyer are? Thanks!!!!!

It is also very much dependant on the model.

I have gotten a large chunk of my collection from Yahoo Japan, and while most have been truly excellent buys (relatively) - I have had better and cheaper prices on eBay! Alot of prices are now being driven up by the fact that there are several "3rd party" companies that will make a purchase for a western buyer for a fee. This is driving prices up now - especially over the last two years.

Cheers

Darryn

It's true about the 3rd parties or deputy for non-jap bidder on JP Yahoo now

especially from Aisian countries namely Taiwan, China, HK and Korea

That means a lot of fee involved to ship the item back besides the item value itself:

There are actually 4 parties in a transaction

A. yourself  B. your deputy company C. Your deputy's Jap bidding office. D. Seller

1. possible Yahoo fee 3-5% (usually NA)

2. a charge for money transfer (from C to D)

3. Domestic shipping (D to C)

4. Int'l shipping (C to B) + possibel custom fee (if B made mistake on the clearance)

5. B's charge

6. Domestic shipping (B to A) 

In my case (within Asia) I would estimate 10-20% extra to the final bid, subject to the wieght shipped

But still, with such fees I consider most of my purchase from Yahoo JP less expensive compared to ebay,

and a rich source for Jap-made vintage items

cheers

I would not say I could read Japanese efficiently - I can recogniose alot of the characters - however I am a big fan of bablefish!!

I was fortunate enough to have a couple of friends in Japan helping me out buying kits for me. Sadly they are not available any more - and I am out on my own - luckily I have just about every kit I want now.

Prices are still excellent on Yahoo for most things - particularly new releases and lesser loved models by the Japanese. One mans "hate it" is anothers "love it".....

Cheers

Darryn

Is the price usually much lower on Japanese yahoo than EBAY? For example, there is a NIB Super Champ on Japanese yahoo now for 70000Yen (~$583USD) now.....still 1 more day to go. I remebered a NIB Super champ was sold on Ebay for ~$730 a few months back.