richytanimal

Mail On Sunday advert in the cinema

Hi Guys, just got back from seeing Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and the Mail on Sunday commercial that Tamiyaclub supplied the RC cars for is shown just before the film starts.

You need to watch closely, as the cars are about 2/3rds of the way through the ad, heading towards the camera, and then being stomped on, apart from Netsmiths Mounty with the dog riding on it which appears at the very end[:D]

If you look really closely you can see my Gecko and Hummer as well as mostly everyone elses trucks etc, for about a nanosecond!

lol - just seen it myself. Wow those post production guys put quite a lot of work into it!

I reckon in screen time our driving gets about 3 - 4 seconds and it took 2 days to do. Stil nice to know we were part of it though :)

I'm working on getting a copy - will post it when I get it

cheers

chris

Guest joelvardy

That would be great as I am not one for watching films at the cinema - like being able to pause it  [:D]

Excellent - at least some of the footage made it in then. Will be going to see it myself this weekend hopefully.

Did Twinset's "hero car" make the cut or was it just those few seconds of the cars launching off the line? I don't know if it made the cut but I was driving Jozza's Ferrari F40 bodied e-zilla towards the left hand end of the line (if you were looking at it from the "girlies" side of the battlefield)[;)].

I think I almost hit the low down camera man on at least one of the takes!

So Chris, must be the right time to get that mounty on the bay and bigging up the ole film connection [H]

Chris 

Hehe - thats the one [:)] - would be nicer to get a higher res version.

The guy with the white long shorts and dark top in the front of the shot when they put the cars down is holding Jozza's e-zilla with the F40 body on it I was driving.... hehe. Love the shot of the dog on Chris's Mounty.

Chris 

Googling turned up the guy who was "driving" the e-zilla:

http://alexliangwebsite.tripod.com/

Interestingly he also had a small part in "Children of Men" parts of which were filmed on the same location as the Mail on Sunday Ad.

Update - I found the original ad on the production company site - its much higher resolution Quicktime:

http://www.traktor.com/ (follow the link for commercials) 

lol - checked both of those places last night looking for it and they were not there. They literall must have 'released' them as it went live.

http://www.traktor.com/content/qt.php?id=51602

When the guys line up to launch their models I was standing just to the left of that shot and there was a guy driving my porsche/tlt - he must be gutted he's been cut.

Chris

The Ad does look great. Get to see my inferno shot across in front of the Clod merc ;) Have resampled the ad to a higher res;

Mail on Sunday Ad

This was a great 2 days, so glad to finally see it.

Ant

Saw it in the cinema today, it was great and got a lot of laughs from the audience - and they loved the dog in the bruiser at the end!

Pete

Hard to believe my TLT was on it's third battery by the end of it!

Not much of him changing the TX batteries though!

merc.jpg

Well I finally saw it in the cinema tonight and it was much better on the big screen than I thought it would be.

Audience really seemed to like it too - especially the shot of Chris's Mounty with the dog on the back. Still quite chuffed that Jozza's e-zilla I was driving was pretty easy to spot in the shot when they put the cars down ;)

Have to agree - seeing some of the stuff we were involved in was the icing on the cake - even without that it was a great day out.

It was amazing to see how much work goes into producing a minute or so of film advert, and I'm chuffed that my (now rather dead) Ezilla shows so well in the 1/4 of a second shot when they put the cars down. I should be seeing it on the big screen in the next couple of days, best place to be with the weather as it is at the moment ;)

Thanks ant88 for resampling it - I tried to download an offline copy of the quicktime file, but gave up in the end. Now I can show it to all my colleagues at work and bore them with tales of our day at the filming of the ad :blink:

Pretty funny add,well done chaps :D those little dogs are evil, he he.

was there a limit to the size of car you could use, because i didnt see any FG's there, they would have taken a few of the handbag swinging women out.

Its a top advert, which i'd gone now

Steve

Saw it for the first time yesterday, loved it!

Maybe the start of BIG things?

Tamiya cameos in tv programes next?

lol

KingPin

That advert is awesome! short and sweet but still its awesome to see the hobby being exploited and shown off! :) Personally i think there should be a TV series showing what a cool obsession it is to have :D haha!!

i didn't know about this until i saw it on TV a few days ago. it's great! well done to everyone who got involved.