Sign in to follow this  
Landrum

3d Willy

Here is a model I am working on... thought I would share. (hope the pic displays ok)

Almost finished with the body... it still needs a bit of love.

Ken

post-21236-1180630146.jpg

post-21236-1180630161.jpg

post-21236-1180634631.jpg

post-21236-1180634643.jpg

Thats an awsome model!

What software are you using?

Thanks. I am using Maya.

I still have a lot of fine tuning, but it has been fun to work on.

Excellent stuff - I know how long it took me just to model Willys head, my Avatar!

Glad to see another 3D'er on the site :rolleyes:

Chris

post-1003-1180635590.jpg

Sweet!!! Wish I knew an had stuff to do that kinda things!!!

Badboy

Thanks. I am using Maya.

I still have a lot of fine tuning, but it has been fun to work on.

Kool, I've never used Maya before.

Your model looks great. I cant wait to see a render of your finished digital wild willy :rolleyes:

Kool, I've never used Maya before.

Your model looks great. I cant wait to see a render of your finished digital wild willy B)

Thanks for the positive feedback.

K

Great! Willy rocks - lookin' forward to more pics and the final result!

Cool - I'm one of the people that make Maya. I'm glad you like it =)

Awesome looking Willy by the way!

Cool - I'm one of the people that make Maya. I'm glad you like it =)

Awesome looking Willy by the way!

Great modeling there with maya ! just wondering what kind of time scale that took you to make it ? the wild willy ? i think i may hav a go too !

Looking very good so far. The question is how far will you go and how long will it take?

I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Great work.

James.

Great modeling there with maya ! just wondering what kind of time scale that took you to make it ? the wild willy ? i think i may hav a go too !

Thanks, I have progressed since these last pix. I think I exceeded the limit for uploading images to this group, so I will add web links.

I work on it in the evenings a bit, probably put 6 or 8 hours in it so far.

http://landrummedia.com/wild_willy_05.jpg

http://landrummedia.com/wild_willy_07.jpg

http://landrummedia.com/wild_willy_08.jpg

http://landrummedia.com/wild_willy_09.jpg

I am working on willy himself now, though I think I might jump back and forth to the chassis to stay motivated and keep from getting bored.

cheers

WHOA!!!!!! NICE WORK!!! Really clean and great detail! I'm a max 9 man myself and have a scorcher underway in my showroom. I dont know if this is a mark 1 or if it takes Humpback batteries but if it does I can give you an acoms servo and humpback in .3ds format if you can import them. All bumped and skined, oh yeh and a tyre as I under stand willy & scorcher rears are the same. I understand if you wanna build em yourself though :( .

WHOA!!!!!! NICE WORK!!! Really clean and great detail! I'm a max 9 man myself and have a scorcher underway in my showroom. I dont know if this is a mark 1 or if it takes Humpback batteries but if it does I can give you an acoms servo and humpback in .3ds format if you can import them. All bumped and skined, oh yeh and a tyre as I under stand willy & scorcher rears are the same. I understand if you wanna build em yourself though B) .

Thank you for the compliments. I would really like to see what you are working on. Please post images what you have if possible.

Thanks, but I would not want to take your work only because I post the models I work on at turbosquid.com and sell them. So I would not feel right selling other folks work incorporated into a model I am selling... but THANK YOU for the offer. (not sure if I could open a .3ds file anyway)

On the other hand, I am willing to hook any willy fans here on the board up with this model when finished (no charge of course).

All in all though, thanks to everyone for the great feedback!

Very impressive. 3d Graphics is always something ive whanted to try and now ive found some free software i will have a go.

Thank you for the compliments. I would really like to see what you are working on. Please post images what you have if possible.

Thanks, but I would not want to take your work only because I post the models I work on at turbosquid.com and sell them. So I would not feel right selling other folks work incorporated into a model I am selling... but THANK YOU for the offer. (not sure if I could open a .3ds file anyway)

On the other hand, I am willing to hook any willy fans here on the board up with this model when finished (no charge of course).

All in all though, thanks to everyone for the great feedback!

I'd love a copy of your wild willy model!

I use Freeform Modeling Plus at work, its digital sculpting software using a haptic device - i could make your willy into digital clay B)

Keep up the great work!

A true man of honour B) I understand completely.

Heres a link to my thread

3d virtual Scorcher W.I.P. Thread

and heres where Im currently at (sorry first ones a bit dark, I turned global illumination & final gather off for quick render)

post-2140-1181117549.jpg

post-2140-1181119119.jpg

post-2140-1181119141.jpg

Sorry for fiddling with your render Scorchio , but that dark render was killing me . Needless to say , a few seconds with Paint Shop and I shed some new lite on your render .

post-8013-1181180000.jpg

I wonder how long it will be before we see the first 20 complete.

At the rate I'm going right now the next 4 would take about 8 years :blink:

Sorry for fiddling with your render Scorchio

Sorry? No problem mate you've done what I did'nt have time to do (at work at the time) Thanks Floyd :D

At the rate I'm going right now the next 4 would take about 8 years :blink:

Now thats a challenge. Ive downloaded somesoftware and im going to have a crack myself, i wonder how many other 3d artists reside on this forum?

Looking very good so far. The question is how far will you go and how long will it take?

I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Great work.

James.

I have been really busy lately, but I have been able to put down a few polys for the chassis.

Just started, though I thought it might be interesting to see the progression.

http://www.landrummedia.com/ww_chassis_01.jpg

k

Great detail & spot on geometry. Have you got any wire renders? just being nosey B)