Sign in to follow this  
BillL130

Mercedes-benz Slk M Chassis

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Mercedes-Benz SLK M Chassis (model #58202) off EBAY (for only $50 USD). I have never owned an on-road runner, let alone an M-02L chassis. I was wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me what kind of hop-ups I can get for this car? I'm looking for bearings (what size?) and shocks (what size?) as my first hop-ups, and then maybe a motor upgrade, and different wheels/tires.

7686_1.JPG

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Hi, Welcome to the M-Chassis family. :(

At first you should add full ball bearings to the car.

You can find complete sets for the M02/02 based cars cheap on ebay.

Try WalawalaStore on ebay. His ebay name is joaquimassis . He sells High Quality Bearing Sets for all Tamiya cars at excellent prices. Search for M01/02.

Next step are oil dampers. You need one set of Super Mini Mini C.V.A. dampers No. 50746. They do a perfect job.

About the motor. I wouldnt go over a 23Turn motor. More than enough for a M02 based car. For the wheels and tires. You can choose from the big range of tires and wheels for the normal touring cars, because the M-Chassis Mercedes uses the same sizes.

For a complete list of Tamiya Hop Up options for the M01/02 Chassis click here:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...4505&id=573

Some of these Hop Ups like the Front and rear Stabilizer set arent easy to find nowadays.

But most of them pop up on ebay from time to time.

Cheers